League of Legends Community

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   Guides & Strategy (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   The enemy team selected all tanks. (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=2960145)

ShadowCircus 12-31-2012 08:57 PM

The enemy team selected all tanks.

I can't be the only one who has noticed these troll teams that select all tanks and then the current meta of 1 top 1 jungler 1 mid 1 ADC and 1 support just cannot win against it. This thread has 2 points to it.

1.) to get information on how to counter this silliness
or
2.) to encourage everyone possible to do this. hopefully with enough people taking away from riots precious S3 jungle, riot will get up and maybe make 5 tank teams not a thing.

Bro Thyme 12-31-2012 09:05 PM

- Played against a all tank team.
- Tanks somehow got fed off our our top and mid
- Got owned by tanks
- Cried

The0nlyFreeName

ShadowCircus 12-31-2012 09:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The0nlyFreeName (Hozzászólás 33035455)
- Played against a all tank team.
- Tanks somehow got fed off our our top and mid
- Got owned by tanks
- Cried

Exactly. I was playing as vayne. You know, the ADC with ARMOR IGNORING DAMAGE. They grouped together and burst me down followed by my team. there was literally nothing we could do.

Bro Thyme 12-31-2012 09:14 PM

You can't really call em troll teams, if they come together and whoop your azz. Me and my friend "invented" so to speak, the AD Sona/Soraka Bot Lane combo. First game we ever played. Team did nothing but scream saying report us, report us, cause they saw our intial build. By the first 10 minutes, we both had were like 8-0. So if it works, its not trolling, its winning :p

P.S - Funny thing was, after about a month of us just dominating with our sona/soraka, soraka got her nerf :(

ShadowCircus 12-31-2012 09:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The0nlyFreeName (Hozzászólás 33035700)
You can't really call em troll teams, if they come together and whoop your azz. Me and my friend "invented" so to speak, the AD Sona/Soraka Bot Lane combo. First game we ever played. Team did nothing but scream saying report us, report us, cause they saw our intial build. By the first 10 minutes, we both had were like 8-0. So if it works, its not trolling, its winning :p

P.S - Funny thing was, after about a month of us just dominating with our sona/soraka, soraka got her nerf :(

It honestly makes you wonder what the point of a meta or even other champions are if a team can just do that all day long.

KirbyCake 12-31-2012 09:19 PM

the meta is designed by pro teams to be optimal.
the meta is garbage at sub 2k elo since ad carry requires good positioning and they get destroyed if they get caught.

ShadowCircus 12-31-2012 09:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KirbyCake (Hozzászólás 33035834)
the meta is designed by pro teams to be optimal.
the meta is garbage at sub 2k elo since ad carry requires good positioning and they get destroyed if they get caught.

Good advice I suppose that answers one of my questions about an unrelated topic. By chance do you also have any advice on how to deal with a dumb-tarded all tank team and come out on top?

Redshirt Tim 12-31-2012 09:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ShadowCircus (Hozzászólás 33035784)
It honestly makes you wonder what the point of a meta or even other champions are if a team can just do that all day long.

Nash equilibrium. Here's a good explanation of it: http://www.wimp.com/competitorsopen/

It doesn't matter so much what the meta is, so long as everyone adheres to it, though the meta will naturally gravitate towards a position from which no more optimal arrangement is possible.

Kirielis 12-31-2012 11:04 PM

If you were playing vayne and lost to an all-tank team, odds are you need to position better.

deathmetalfan 01-01-2013 02:20 AM

This all tanks strat isn't really new. A better variant of it is the all bruiser team comp. It's cheesy but it's extremely hard to play against for players who are bad at kiting. Also, just because you're going for an all bruiser comp doesn't mean you have to all be AD. Galio and Ryze are both excellent AP bruisers. Imagine a team comp like this:

Ryze (mid)
Cho'Gath (top)
Lee Sin (jungle)
Graves (AD carry)
Galio (support)

If Ryze isn't a favorable choice for mid (say the enemy AP is Cassiopeia), then Galio can go mid instead and bot's support can be Jarvan.

The idea behind running a team comp like this is to have a hard engage and lots of CC to completely shut down the enemy team's damage while being durable enough to tank all the damage. It's generally also a good idea to run a hypercarry in bottom lane (like Vayne) as the four bruisers can essentially wall her off from the enemy team and peel with their various forms of CC.

I think the only way to win against a team comp like this is to run a heavy kite/poke comp which slowly whittles down the enemy team's tankiness. Having a champ who can disengage the teamfight is also very useful as engages will likely be initiated by the bruiser team. Janna might be extremely useful to reset the teamfight if the engage proves unfavorable. Other choices for the poke team may include Nidalee, Lux, Caitlyn and maybe a jungler like Mundo.