League of Legends Community

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   Summoner's Rift (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=48)
-   -   Rammus bottom lane (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=2959612)

Kolac 12-31-2012 06:05 PM

Rammus bottom lane

Is this legit?When you look at Rammus,he has a:
- 1~3 second taunt,enought to take out the enemy adc when engaging
- Some nice melee harass with his Q,W and ultimate
- Works well vs AD champions,and bot lane is where the AD is
- Scales in to late game

To make up for his lack of farm,the right runes and masteries will take care of it.Probably 0/21/9. He can buy support items like Runic Bulwark and Shurelyas.
What do you think?

adc 12-31-2012 06:09 PM

He really doesn't fulfill the role he needs to without some kind of farm. Plus, he's easily kited. Good luck landing a taunt against a Taric, or a Janna.

I could /maybe/ see it as a pick if you were up against a Sivir/Sona lane or something like that, and you really REALLY need a tank, but most of the supports have an early form on CC that will just shut you down hard.

Kolac 12-31-2012 06:13 PM

The only champions i have ever had problems against are champions with very strong poke. (Ezreal,Lulu,Graves,Corki).When close the gap on other ADC's ,and taunt them,its usually GG for them, cause no one takes cleanse in my elo C:

Vrykonik 12-31-2012 08:42 PM

Rammus is great on bot. Of course he isn't a traditional support but he is my highest % win champion. This season in ranked I'm 2:0 with him and last season I had 60% win as Rammus support. That is higher than any other champion I played... perhaps if I played him more I would have been higher Elo.

TeknoWizard 12-31-2012 09:29 PM

If you're looking for super long CC bot, Fiddle support might fit your wishes as well.

adc 12-31-2012 10:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kolac Control (Hozzászólás 33029085)
The only champions i have ever had problems against are champions with very strong poke. (Ezreal,Lulu,Graves,Corki).When close the gap on other ADC's ,and taunt them,its usually GG for them, cause no one takes cleanse in my elo C:

Then their support isn't playing that well, or they're playing crappy supports against a Rammus. Anyone with disruption is going to rip your hopes and dreams from your heart.

Atraii 12-31-2012 10:12 PM

nuts

footfoe 12-31-2012 10:20 PM

he's too short ranged, he can just kinda get beat up.

rammus and the ADC will be zoned out very easily. Only way i see him bot, is in a bot game, or in some weird antimeta tri lane.

KnightxSScarlett 12-31-2012 10:42 PM

Possible, but other champs support so much better.

LogicalTautology 01-01-2013 06:31 AM

Rammus' biggest advantage over other tanks/initiators is his mobility.
As a Support, you can't roam the map during the laning phase like a Jungler can.
As a Support, you won't be tanky enough to split off from the team to either quickly go push something on the other side of the map, or run around the opponents to engage from behind.

Play him in the Jungle.