League of Legends Community

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   Dominion (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=43)
-   -   When the hell did Master Yi become OP???? (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=2958517)

Eloquid 12-31-2012 10:36 AM

When the hell did Master Yi become OP????

I always welcomed seeing Yi in enemy team because he was food of the champions. But lately his Meditation has become really ridiculous.
I'm playing Kayle in Dominion with great success, almost always carry the team, but today I was fighting with Yi for Windmill (that at the moment belongs to us). We have same amount of hp, about half, and I'm hitting him with all I have, including shielding myself with Intervention. I think (not 100% sure) I even used Garrison. Point is firing at him too, mind you. but the **** activates his meditation, suffers no damage at all from my Kayle with good runes and masteries that melts almost everybody and capture point hitting him at the same time (!!!!), and survives, kills me and takes over the Windmill.
I know Ignite would probably do the trick, but I run Garrison and Revive. But that he can suffer absolutely no damage from me and turret thanks to his Meditation... this is ridiculously op.

MyDeadGrandma 12-31-2012 10:41 AM

....you know he doesn't fight back while meditating, right?

Eloquid 12-31-2012 10:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MyDeadGrandma (Hozzászólás 33016253)

Your point being? If I don't shoot at him while he's meditating, he regenerates and ends up with far more hp than me When he stops meditating I'm on cooldown and he has my ass. The fact that all my arsenal and turret shooting at him only kept him from increasing hp while keeping it at the same level is insane.

Eloquid 12-31-2012 10:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MyDeadGrandma (Hozzászólás 33016253)

Your point being? If I don't shoot at him while he's meditating, he regenerates and ends up with far more hp than me When he stops meditating I'm on cooldown and he has my ass. The fact that all my arsenal and turret shooting at him only kept him from increasing hp while keeping it at the same level is insane. It was AP Yi. I'm not crying over lost game because we won, but that Yi... just can't believe what I witnessed. And I'm seeing it more and more often. Never did before S3 though.

Grantson 12-31-2012 10:52 AM

It's a rock, paper, scissor situation. AP Yi does have counter picks as does Kayle.
Kayle failed against him because she doesn't have a hard interrupt to stop the meditation.

Eloquid 12-31-2012 10:53 AM

Don't talk about counterpicks man, it's Dominion:)

Grantson 12-31-2012 11:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eloquid (Hozzászólás 33016557)
Don't talk about counterpicks man, it's Dominion:)

Fine lol I'll reword that, he got unlucky in blind pick ;).

That still doesn't make AP Yi OP, it's just Kayle, Yorick, and a set of strong bots without hard CC can't stop his heal. But on the other side of strong picks we have Urgot, Jarvan, and Jax who could have done something about him.

Stark Midnight 12-31-2012 11:37 AM

Actually AP Yi has a ton of counters, just pick any lane bullie and go kill him. Im dead serious stop trying to be creative about it. AP Yi is the master of trading, so just go initiate on him and he's a deadman. he cannot win in a straight up fight.

Also you need to stop scrubbing and realize your opponents strengths and play accordingly instead of having tunnel vision. If your fighting an AP Yi then you shouldn't be turret diving him and should retreat immediately after he use his meditation and then reengage afterwards. As well as being aware of what you counters are, i swear do you think your champion should have the privilege of not being hard-countered by anyone?

FDru 12-31-2012 01:09 PM

AP Yi is absurdly OP against anything without an interrupt, totally gimped against anything that does. It's a gimmick build that will hopefully be reworked someday to be less binary.

naotasan 12-31-2012 02:28 PM

If Yi is Op, I wonder what Jayce is.