League of Legends Community

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   Summoner's Rift (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=48)
-   -   Assassin's taking over the meta? (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=2958208)

AnarchyGame 12-31-2012 06:29 AM

Assassin's taking over the meta?

Hello everyone, this is my first post on the forums and I hope it to be a good one. :)

Anyway, I have been playing Normal Blind Picks quite a bit recently (because In draft pick I don't know how to to counter pick, and I get yelled at by the "pros" for only having only ww for jungling) and in the last 10 matches I played, 5 of them were against Katarina, 3 of them were against Akali and 2 of them were against actual mages, Brand and Ahri I believe.

Whenever I play one of my good 'ol squishy mages (Brand Ahri Xerath Kennen etc) I get destroyed 8/10 times in lane, because I'm put against Katarina or Akali.

I also can't do anything about this in solo Q because my solo top lane brusier (sometimes it's a solotop adc o.O) doesn't want to lane swap with me. It doesn't help that in most matches we have a duo top lane, and no carry.

I'm level 26 if that is relevant to anything, and I love playing mid, it's just, it's just....... That there's too many Kataraina's.

Straight to the point, does any one else have this problem and in advance thank you :3

Ballzofire 12-31-2012 06:32 AM

burst wins games atm it seems boss. The current armor pen setup makes sustained damage unnecessary. Esp since an assin can 2 shot anyone but the tanks.

HybridLR1 12-31-2012 06:33 AM

Katarina is one of the better and most over played mid characters. So if you hate playing against Kat...stop playing mid.

Kat has ways to get countered you just need to learn what characters destroy her and how to play them well. I play top and support mainly so I'm not aware of her counters, but there's gotta be information around.

Read up a little and see exactly what you have to do to crush her.

CholericLurch 12-31-2012 07:31 AM

Katarina is sooo easy to counter, Just get fiddlesticks and keep hitting her with the E spell, Silence works wonders on AP champs

Bludude12 12-31-2012 07:31 AM

After the so called nerfs on kat she isn't that big of a deal. I see her roam more than stay in lane. She is what you call a pubstomp champ. Grabing some early mr will lower the burst down. Also just getting some health like a RoA or Rylais will make it very difficult for them to kill you instantly. Also her early lvls in the game is where you have to abuse her. Constantly poke her down or she will start hurting you.

Katarina relys more heavily on kills though she can farm its just she is meant for kills more than farm. Worst comes to worst you turn it into a farming lane.

Bludude12 12-31-2012 07:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CertifiedRetard (Hozzászólás 33013207)
Katarina is sooo easy to counter, Just get fiddlesticks and keep hitting her with the E spell, Silence works wonders on AP champs

Yea there are plenty of characters to counter her but its more of your play style that will keep you alive in lane.

Broken Soldier 12-31-2012 09:36 AM

Kat mid has been a thing since the dawn of time. Akali too. It's just something you have to learn to deal with by looking up counter lists and reading guides on the champions you take mid to see if they include a detailed list of opponents to expect to see and what to do when you see them.

Or just trial and error. You can learn a lot in this game by not being afraid to try new things and test out techniques. It all had to start somewhere, right?

Just keep at it bro, you'll be fine with a little preparation! :D

AJStarhiker 12-31-2012 10:40 AM

best way to beat a champ is to play that champ. Try playing Kat a few times to get a feel for what her strengths and weaknesses are and you'll find it easier to lane against her.

As far as counters go, skill counts for far more than "Champion X beats Champion Y". When I play blind pick, my go-to champ is Teemo. I've played against--and beat--champions that 'counter' him simply because I've played him that often and I'm up against someone who picked an unfamiliar champion solely because it 'counters' Teemo.

SlayerofAsmodean 12-31-2012 12:06 PM

Assassins have always been really good in low level play. This is because new players overextend and don't farm well, and don't focus well in teamfights.

TeknoWizard 12-31-2012 02:57 PM

I'd recommend you pick up Galio. He's kinda the perfect "Anti-AP-Assassin". A triple A champion if you will. Ahh, get it? No? Oh... Okay. :/

Seriously. He stacks MR and does damage because of it. Plus, those pesky Akalis and Katarinas have to get in melee range on you to do damage. Bait them in, then just ult and kill them in in one fell swoop. Ahh, swoop. Get it? No? Screw it, I'm done.