League of Legends Community

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   Lore Discussion (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   How about if we connect the lore with path updates? (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=2957830)

ForrestLump 12-31-2012 12:00 AM

How about if we connect the lore with path updates?

First of all, I have to say that I really like most of the champion lores. Soraka's lore is the best one so far! I still can't accept what Warwick did to her. :-)

My second favorite (mostly because I like the champion) is heimerdinger's lore. I would like to make a few suggestions based on this lore.

Heimerdinger is a genius (I still think he invented Blitzcrank :-)), but how did he lose so many of his turrets, power of his grenade (they can't damage turrets anymore) and nature of his turrets in so many ways?

At the end, isn't he the master/pioneer of most inventions?

I am not saying I am against all the nerfs/changes he suffered, but I would like to understand under what circumstances these alterations occurred.

So, my suggestion is really simple: For every path we should have one lore narrating the path update - for example: a huge battle that caused each nerf/buff.

Something like: Heimerdinger fought the new champion X and lost the ability to destroy turrets with his grenades due to a magical curse cast by that enemy.

That would be super cool!

The benefits of such thing would be many:
  • Boost lore coherence
  • Offer an awesome path history
  • Increase champion value (I think the lore plays a huge part when I decide to buy certain champion/skin).

webbut 12-31-2012 01:53 AM

I don't like the idea of riot having to explain balance in lore and the other way around. It seems like it would both get in the way of writing lore and get in the way of designing champs. It would be a cool engine to tell the story on a rare occasion but i think it would be too much work to do all the time.

ForrestLump 12-31-2012 02:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by webbut (Hozzászólás 33009350)
I don't like the idea of riot having to explain balance in lore and the other way around. It seems like it would both get in the way of writing lore and get in the way of designing champs. It would be a cool engine to tell the story on a rare occasion but i think it would be too much work to do all the time.

That is so true. You made a very valid point. I didn't think of necessary workload when thought of it.

Your other point is also pertinent, since it looks like they don't have a huge window of time before each path is released, so they could get in each other ways.

Oh well! It worked really well in my dreams!!!!

Cerubois 12-31-2012 04:51 AM

A long while back, a Red (I think it was Babaganoosh?) stated a plausible reason for balance changes.

The champions develop different ways of doing things (i.e. Heimer decided to focus on fewer turrets, League upgraded armor for turrets, rendering his grenades ineffective), they fell behind in training/trained harder, or switched up their style entirely.

Makes it easy to imagine balance changes as simple champion decisions. :P

Soulmy 12-31-2012 06:00 AM

There was actually a connection with JoJ and Kayle rework long time ago, how she was cursed and then got healed + a shiny new armor... Of course we got nothing about who did it after that >.>

CabecoteNA 12-31-2012 11:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ForrestLump (Hozzászólás 33007660)
Heimerdinger is a genius (I still think he invented Blitzcrank :-))

Viktor is Blitz's creator by the way...

On topic: If they did it from time to time it would be interesting.

webbut 12-31-2012 12:49 PM

It would be nice if we got lore for some of the changes, I believe at one point even the items had lore and like manufacturers

ForrestLump 12-31-2012 12:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CabecoteNA (Hozzászólás 33018861)
Viktor is Blitz's creator by the way...

On topic: If they did it from time to time it would be interesting.

Hummmm, very interesting...

Or maybe....

Viktor stole Heimerdinger's plans to create Blitzcrank. Later on, when Professor Stanwick took the credit of the creation away from him, he became desolated and tried to understand the power of karma.

That is why he needed to remove all the jealous emotions from inside of him. He knew the only way to overcome karma was by power and not stealing from people anymore.

At that time, he looked for Heimerdinger, then Heimy gave him a ground break research on body development.

So... I still think Heimerdinger is the original creator.

And now I think Heimer, in a way, created Viktor as well.

Heimer never liked Professor Stanwick anyways, that is why he helped Viktor.

In another hand, he likes Viktor, since he knows Viktor is a genius and invented the technology to revive Urgot.