League of Legends Community

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   Summoner's Rift (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=48)
-   -   Ultimate (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=2957751)

BlownOffMyRocker 12-30-2012 11:22 PM

Ultimate

I would like to know everybodys opinion on which champs ultimate is the best in the game overall. Then which is best for team fights. Which is best for chasing? Which is best for escaping? But mostly overall in every aspect which champs ultimate is the best?

adc 12-30-2012 11:27 PM

Karthus's ult is the best. There's a reason it has a massive cooldown. It deals over 3000 damage (end game, of course), spread across 5 heroes, anywhere on the map. Name one other skill that deals over 3000 damage. Veigar's ult is the only one that even has potential. Maybe Nasus Q, though I don't remember if that was capped or not.

BlownOffMyRocker 12-30-2012 11:28 PM

bump

BlownOffMyRocker 12-30-2012 11:29 PM

karthus does have a good ult indeed that is if the game gets that late if karth isn't getting gold he gets pretty useless except is wall of pain

adc 12-30-2012 11:36 PM

You could say that of almost any hero in the game, though, so it's a moot point. You're asking for ultimates, not ultimates based on the amount of farm a hero has. If you want bare heroes and their ultimates, I'd say LeBlanc. Does so much damage to a non-itemed hero.

Sleipnir of Hel 12-31-2012 12:04 AM

Amumu ult. Teamwide stun while he deals aoe damage across your team based on max hp % and sets up his team for undeniable success. Same token for morgana, although you can escape from the actual stun, making amumu's better.

deathmetalfan 01-01-2013 12:38 AM

Orianna's ult is pretty damn game-changing if she can even land it on half the enemy team. So is Amumu's.

Aamon2500 01-01-2013 07:11 AM

Malhazars ult is awesome supressses enemy adc. Pantheons ult is good to pop in in a team fight. Veigars ult combined with his Q two hits squishes and totaly takes out 70% of some champs health given that he was lvld up his Q

TeknoWizard 01-01-2013 08:42 AM

I'm a big fan of big initiation potential from my ultimates, as opposed to just raw damage. Skarner's is absolutely devastating, to just be able to pick out the other team's AD carry and drag them into your team. I'd also rank Amumu, Sona and Galio up there for great AoE lockdown. Malphite and Hecarim have great counter-initiation ultimates that completely swing fights.

Best for team-fights: Amumu
Best for chasing: Hecarim
Best for escaping: Malphite
Best overall: Galio

ChiSqrd 01-01-2013 08:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aamon2500 (Hozzászólás 33044939)
Malhazars ult is awesome supressses enemy adc. Pantheons ult is good to pop in in a team fight. Veigars ult combined with his Q two hits squishes and totaly takes out 70% of some champs health given that he was lvld up his Q

No, its only a single target ult and there is a reason why he isn't seen in competitive play.