League of Legends Community
12345 ... 6

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   Summoner's Rift (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=48)
-   -   Why doesn't Riot listen to "flip the s" suggestion? (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=2957710)

VisionarySL 12-30-2012 10:59 PM

Why doesn't Riot listen to "flip the s" suggestion?

TITLE MISTAKE: "flip the screen"

I am talking about the possibility of them adding in an option to allow purple team to flip the map. Seriously, it has been suggested probably more than 100 times and the majority agree with it. Yet, riot hasn't done anything?

i would much prefer if they did this instead of releasing a champion.

people say "lol learn to unlock cam." but listen. Some people prefer having the cam locked..even after playing with unlocked for 100 matches. They should not have disadvantage just because they have their cam locked because that isn't just fair.

Locking the cam is a person's playstyle which Riot has incoporated in the game. Then it should be made sure that they dont get any disadvantage.

try playing ezreal on purple with locked. impossible even with the most minimal hud scaling.

adc 12-30-2012 11:05 PM

Go play any other MOBA. Locked camera doesn't exist. It's a crutch Riot has put in for bad players. The only thing close to it is the ability to snap your camera to your hero easily.

There are very few instances that high level players use locked camera for a significant portion of the match for any reason other than "I'm lazy". Locked camera puts you at a significant disadvantage, and learning to play without it will only help you.

If that didn't give you a reason for them not to cater to players who use it, it would be very difficult. Flipping the HUD would give the players an unfamiliar environment to play in. Flipping the screen would cause bottom lane to be top lane, and vice versa. It would also cause a large amount of work, in that you would need to remodel summoner's rift from the other side.

LogicalTautology 12-31-2012 06:07 AM

I've never ridden a bike before in my life. I want to learn. I decide that, in order to focus on one thing at a time, I'm going to put training wheels on my bike. I get more and more practice with my bike, and become really good at it; I'm faster than all of my friends. Pretty soon I decide to enter a bike race. I show up, and the race is totally unfair! I'm way faster at peddling than everyone else there, but because of my training wheels I can't handle the turns nearly as fast as all the people without them, sharp turns are just about impossible!
The organizers of this race should fix it. I should be allowed to use training wheels if I want and not be at a disadvantage to everyone else!

SlayerofAsmodean 12-31-2012 12:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by VisionarySL (Hozzászólás 33006337)

people say "lol learn to unlock cam." but listen. Some people prefer having the cam locked..even after playing with unlocked for 100 matches. They should not have disadvantage just because they have their cam locked because that isn't just fair.

Except that, by the very act of locking one's camera, one puts oneself at a disadvantage.

Daerkannon 12-31-2012 03:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by VisionarySL (Hozzászólás 33006337)
I am talking about the possibility of them adding in an option to allow purple team to flip the map. Seriously, it has been suggested probably more than 100 times and the majority agree with it. Yet, riot hasn't done anything?

Well people have given you the rote answer of don't play with locked camera, but to answer your actual question: technical resources. It's not as simple as simply flipping the map. The map wasn't designed to be flipped. They'd basically have to do equivalent work to making a completely new 5v5 map to make it flippable.

adc 12-31-2012 03:51 PM

Actually, I didn't see this part of the post:

Quote:

Other than the fact the technical resources aren't available or would be expensive to get (which I did bring up, by the way, Daerkannon), this is simply not true.

The majority of players do not agree with it. If I made a topic that said something like "Come post here if you like X sports team people don't hate", I'd get a lot of people voting "yes" that liked that team, and a few people saying they didn't.

Why? Because it's not a big contention between two large groups. Players who want this will be more likely to vote on topics that are for this change. Players who don't want this are going to be generally indifferent, because it doesn't effect them in the slightest. So you're not seeing the majority, you're seeing a small minority of players who vote in every single one of these topics.

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/....php?t=2908860

That's a rather large topic on the same subject. 40~ posts overall, and it got about 1100 views. Out of those 1100 views (which, admittedly, a lot of were probably the same people), there were 53 yes votes and 19 no votes. If we say that half the views were repeats, only 13% of the people who viewed the topic voted on the topic. And I would be willing to bet that the amount of people who view the forums are a small minority of the population who play the game - and a lot of those people are people who are here to complain or ask for help on a certain subject, of which this is one.

ChiSqrd 12-31-2012 10:02 PM

Play on unlocked camera. If it is your preference to play locked camera, their is an easy solution. Not Riot's fault if you can't get used to unlocked camera.

Jerk9003 12-31-2012 10:13 PM

I play in locked, but I minimize everything but chat and map so it doesn't make a difference if i'm purple or blue.

MicKretz 12-31-2012 10:26 PM

well i understand ur concern, however i cant help but ask these 2 questions and am curious the results

1. Does the technology actually exist that allows ppl to play the exact game with the maps flipped?

2. If so, would you be willing to PAY for that option with Riot Points if Riot does develop it as an "add-on" to the game and costs, say 5-10 bucks?

If the answer is NO to either of those 2 questions, i doubt it will happen as spending time making champs is Riots source of income (plus skins ofc)

anywho, just my constructive criticism, but i DO hope you get what you want (from a "i want everyone to be happy" stand point)
:)

AJStarhiker 01-01-2013 09:05 AM

Another problem, which no one has mentioned, is that if flipping the screen is optional, how do you define who is going where?

Player A calls for a gank top, but the jungler plays flipped and goes bot instead. Watch the rage/blame start.

By the way, the tutorial *does* explain how to lock/unlock the camera.