League of Legends Community

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   Dominion (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=43)
-   -   Ranked Dominion Please (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=2955933)

headbustacuz 12-30-2012 11:57 AM

Ranked Dominion Please

Honestly, having ranked Dominion would do nothing but improve the game. It would expand the game more and make the game more interesting. If there was such thing I think people would take more advantage of dominion (which I find entirely fun) and could expand there gaming from the 5's and 3's map. Thus creating happier players which would drag more people into the game making the community bigger. Bigger community = more profit and more profit = better gamming. In the end. Dominion helps us all :). Please RIOT (:

Blazingtotems 12-30-2012 03:52 PM

The reason they keep coming back to saying that there won't be a ranked dominion map is because they balance the game around summoner's rift. I'm with you, I would love to see ranked dominion, but apparently the developers don't think its worth the time to have people complain about balance issues that arise in just dominion specifically. I see both sides of the arguments, but I know many people love dominion and would like to see some sort of competitive system established.

Also, I would make the argument for ranked dominion, since they don't balance the game around 3's, but still have a ranked 3's option.

MageMoose 01-08-2013 01:20 AM

Yeah i love dominion. Much prefer it over Summoners rift. But just my luck the one i like and am good at there is no ranking.

Bad2thel30NER 01-09-2013 03:56 AM

I no longer play any other map. When I play LoL, I play Dominion.

Swampmajikk 01-09-2013 04:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blazingtotems (Hozzászólás 32994243)
The reason they keep coming back to saying that there won't be a ranked dominion map is because they balance the game around summoner's rift. I'm with you, I would love to see ranked dominion, but apparently the developers don't think its worth the time to have people complain about balance issues that arise in just dominion specifically. I see both sides of the arguments, but I know many people love dominion and would like to see some sort of competitive system established.

Also, I would make the argument for ranked dominion, since they don't balance the game around 3's, but still have a ranked 3's option.

Its true, they would have to re-balance everyone for both maps.
It would be a lot of work on their end.
Even if they decided to do it that way it would still take a long time before the champs and map were actually ready for balanced competitive play.

Personally I would love to see it happen. I play more dominion than summoners rift because I feel like (at least when people are actually invested in it) it is a test of actual skill rather than whether or not you are fed.
I also find it to be more fun because of the fast pace. You have to make your decisions quick.

And thats BS that they have ranked 3v3 and not dominion... Dominion is more balanced than TT at this point...

Warmeat 02-26-2013 02:46 AM

Since when has Riot been worried about "Balance" no 5v5 game i ever played was balanced one team has more gold and rapes your faces, thats not very Balanced, now dominion everyone gets paid if you get kills early it helps alilbit but still remains very winable after lvl 11 and up everyone is on the same gold and item wise, best players will win wether it's the group comp or thru items. Dominion is way more balanced than the other game modes because out of 50 wins the last 3 weeks i have played not one time was there a champion that i saw take over a game to the other point the other team will quit before a turret is even down, look up Balanced in relation to video games , Summoners Rift is far from it.

balanced means the game never lets any opponent get a significant advantage over you and you should have a chance to win/kill them and not just be sharky bait. lets say the kill count is 8 to 38, will not have a chance killing anyone on that team unless it was dominion because of the passive money/exp everyone will have the same gear yet the guys with all those kills will have maybe 5 to 6 items vs my 5 for sure late game, i still have a reasonable chance if im carefull fight on nodes and maybe get help from a teamate. THATS BALANCE.

Warmeat 02-26-2013 02:50 AM

HIGH ELO players lose in Dominion alot cause they think those early kills make them beast late game but the other team late game can turn it around with the passive money and EXP there so used to playing based on gear and money count , im sure high elo players hate Dom for a very good reason it's more about me vs you not "we did a better job getting money so we win before any turrets are down"