League of Legends Community
12

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   General Discussion (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   I don't care what your ELO is. (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=2954902)

The Bushmaster 12-29-2012 11:15 PM

I don't care what your ELO is.
 
If you have to end an argument with "oh yea, well i'm such and such elo, so nyah nyah" you're just a pretentious idiot.

Sorry your whole life is taken up by this game. I play ranked for fun with my friends, and if we lose we lose. If I ended up at diamond elo, I'd probably do the exact same thing I do at the elo I'm at now.

And the elo hell mechanic doesn't help anyone, I know I'm a higher elo than I am, but the ranked structure and the people at the elo I ended up at for duo-queuing with people I didn't know just infuriate me to no end. Its pretty hard to carry a game with a gunblade ashe and a rabdons stacking brand that feed 5-6 kills each in the first 10 minutes.

I know there's those who will say "oh yeah well I could carry that game, I'm a blah blah elo player"

NO. no you could not. A team that gets 12 kills to their strongest champs in the first 10 minutes of the game, while you have two scrubs like that on your team is going to win. Point blank period. There's no amount of carrying that's going to stop something like that.

Thats the kind of stuff I deal with in about 80% of the games I play. Its probably just my luck, and its the worst I swear. Things like on-hit shaco mid, karthus jungle (can be viable, but wasn't in this instance since he ran AD runes/masteries and built AD)

I've seen it all. I have stories. I should stream this **** and call it something clever. I'd make a fortune. Maybe elo hell is like that for everyone, maybe its just me, but I can't see even the most pro player carrying games like the ones I've seen. The people are just too dumb. And so I don't care about my elo, or yours, because it doesn't tell me anything about my skill vs your skill, or my knowledge of the game vs yours. It just tells me that you've been more fortunate with your matchups than I have, and you don't typically see things like AD tank Ahri mid that feeds 7 kills and then disconnects.

There's nothing I, or you, or the best LoL player in the game can do about stuff like this. Nothing. And so, I remain in elo hell, and probably will for the rest of time, and I'm fine with that.

But please don't hang your diamond elo badge over my head like it gives you some sort of power or superiority over me. I'm glad you and your best buddies took weeks out of your lives to sit down and strategize and talk about nothing but league of legends 24/7 and develop your own little tactics and call signs and play audibles. I'm just not that guy, and it doesn't make you any better than me. It just means you have more friends that are dedicated to league of legends than I do. Not friends in general, just ones that play LoL.

Get over yourself. Its a game and its not gonna help you find a job or make money. You're probably never gonna end up in a tournament, and if you do, you probably won't win it. You're not CRS, TPA, or TSM. You're just another league player like the rest of us who happened to do better last season. What do you have to show for it other than your self-proclaimed bragging rights on internet forums to your internet friends?

Buy a ward pls 12-29-2012 11:37 PM

Yeah, you seem to have some delusion that those people with that rank didn't go through the exact same thing at a low elo. As if they just started at diamond or something. No, they went through it and they carried.

The Bushmaster 12-29-2012 11:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ziule (Hozzászólás 32976316)
Yeah, you seem to have some delusion that those people with that rank didn't go through the exact same thing at a low elo. As if they just started at diamond or something. No, they went through it and they carried.

I'm under no delusions. I know full well they went through it. With 4 of their friends, if they played team ranked, or with many, many accounts if they play solo queue.

I'd be willing to put money on the fact that most of the top tier diamond elo players had to re-make their accounts quite a few times to attain that status, and they didn't just go straight for it with one account and stick with it all the way through.

Once you get into elo hell, it is EXTREMELY difficult to get out.
So a lot of people just make alt accounts and start over until they go up from their base elo and continue to go up, rather than losing those first few matches and ending up in the infernal abyss we all know and love as elo hell.

I don't care enough to do that.

Rawr 12-29-2012 11:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Squeezy102 (Hozzászólás 32976364)
I'm under no delusions. I know full well they went through it. With 4 of their friends, if they played team ranked, or with many, many accounts if they play solo queue.

I'd be willing to put money on the fact that most of the top tier diamond elo players had to re-make their accounts quite a few times to attain that status, and they didn't just go straight for it with one account and stick with it all the way through.

Once you get into elo hell, it is EXTREMELY difficult to get out.
So a lot of people just make alt accounts and start over until they go up from their base elo and continue to go up, rather than losing those first few matches and ending up in the infernal abyss we all know and love as elo hell.

I don't care enough to do that.

False.

Chaox is currently holding 1st AND 2nd place in solo que ranked. He musta been VERY lucky huh?

Also, if you play enough games, if you are not losing b/c of YOUR skill level, then you should be in fact winning more than you are losing.

Since you are incompetent let me clear it out for you.

Say there's... a 50% chance of a player being a troll feeder.
On the opponent team, there are 5 spots for that potential feeder.
On your team, if you are a good player, there are only 4 spots.

Statistically, you have a less chance of having (more) trolls than the opponent team and thus, you should be winning more often.

Altho I do agree with you that I'm tired of ppl pointing out elo and borders.
I am currently 1650 elo and ppl with silver borders (like myself) are regarded as lower tier players even tho we're all at the same elo.
> so if I mess up, they say things like "this ***** silver", "silvers OP", etc. etc. even tho my current elo is 1650, they point out my s2 elo was silver and use that to verbally abuse ppl.

Too Fast 4 Ya 12-29-2012 11:46 PM

ff

IVI a IL Z a 12-29-2012 11:47 PM

And your argument is invalid when one guy creates more accounts 2 or 3 and get out of 1000s easy...

notanxj9smurf 12-29-2012 11:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stegö (Hozzászólás 32976468)
> so if I mess up, they say things like "this ***** silver", "silvers OP", etc. etc. even tho my current elo is 1650, they point out my s2 elo was silver and use that to verbally abuse ppl.

i had a s2 platinum player down in the 1300's try to use his blue border as a justification for everything he said.


i lol'd because he was currently the same ELO as i was.

The Bushmaster 12-29-2012 11:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stegö (Hozzászólás 32976468)
False.

Chaox is currently holding 1st AND 2nd place in solo que ranked. He musta been VERY lucky huh?

Also, if you play enough games, if you are not losing b/c of YOUR skill level, then you should be in fact winning more than you are losing.

Since you are incompetent let me clear it out for you.

Say there's... a 50% chance of a player being a troll feeder.
On the opponent team, there are 5 spots for that potential feeder.
On your team, if you are a good player, there are only 4 spots.

Statistically, you have a less chance of having (more) trolls than the opponent team and thus, you should be winning more often.

Altho I do agree with you that I'm tired of ppl pointing out elo and borders.
I am currently 1650 elo and ppl with silver borders (like myself) are regarded as lower tier players even tho we're all at the same elo.
> so if I mess up, they say things like "this ***** silver", "silvers OP", etc. etc. even tho my current elo is 1650, they point out my s2 elo was silver and use that to verbally abuse ppl.

are you chaox?
am I chaox? is anyone here but chaox chaox?

Did you accomplish that? Did I?
who cares?

There's prodigies at everything, I'm not one of them and clearly neither are you.

Shikab 12-29-2012 11:51 PM

Quote:

Sorry your whole life is taken up by this game
Quote:

There's nothing I, or you, or the best LoL player in the game can do about stuff like this. Nothing. And so, I remain in elo hell, and probably will for the rest of time, and I'm fine with that.
And Yet your complaining about being stuck in Elo Hell? Why does it matter?
It sounds like your no OK with it since you made this.

SirhcEz 12-30-2012 12:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Squeezy102 (Hozzászólás 32976364)
I'm under no delusions. I know full well they went through it. With 4 of their friends, if they played team ranked, or with many, many accounts if they play solo queue.

I'd be willing to put money on the fact that most of the top tier diamond elo players had to re-make their accounts quite a few times to attain that status, and they didn't just go straight for it with one account and stick with it all the way through.

Once you get into elo hell, it is EXTREMELY difficult to get out.
So a lot of people just make alt accounts and start over until they go up from their base elo and continue to go up, rather than losing those first few matches and ending up in the infernal abyss we all know and love as elo hell.

I don't care enough to do that.


bro. ive only used this acct and i have reached diamond. s1: 1500, s2 2563, s3. 2237
i can tell you now. no such thing as elo hell. i have purposely lost my placement matches on smurfs to climb this "ELO HELL" u claim to be true.

anything lower than 1200 is real easy.. i feed off my lane and carry my team. my singed stats, on my smurf, s2 was 70-10 or something. 89%-88% win rate.


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 12:10 AM.
12


(c) 2008 Riot Games Inc