League of Legends Community

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   General Discussion (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Advice for buying a 6300 champ (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=2954400)

Derroz 12-29-2012 07:29 PM

Advice for buying a 6300 champ

I'm really close to reaching the 6300 mark and getting a high ranking champ. At first i had my heart completely set on Riven because I've been playing Jax (and loving it) since ive had enough for him. I love Jax style play, and Riven looks great, but a lot of people are saying that she's not very good. Btw i like melee AD and things like that. i.e I like to hit stuff hard with a melee weapon.

Any advice is appreciated.

Derroz

Xandrina 12-29-2012 07:30 PM

6300 doesn't determine whether they are high ranking or not, just that they are new.

Sydan 12-29-2012 07:31 PM

Get Kha'Zix.

JakeOfSpades 12-29-2012 07:32 PM

Kha'Zix is really strong atm, close to broken like Jax. Riven is decent too but Kha is really strong IMO.

CptHawkeyePierce 12-29-2012 07:33 PM

Get what you want, all champions are good when mastered. Its really whatever fits your play style and what you will enjoy

GnomeDigest 12-29-2012 07:33 PM

No matter how many times they nerf Riven she stays strong. Thats a sign that her kit is Boss. Can't go wrong there.

NegaStoat 12-29-2012 07:37 PM

3150 IP - Olaf is a powerhouse.
4800 IP - Nocturne commands respect. Fun and strong.
6300 IP - Kha'Zix is superb. That evolved Leap is unlike anything else on a bruiser.

As a poster above me implied though... I'd only spring for a 6300 IP champ if it has something really specific about their kit and play that is what you absolutely need. There's tons of 1350 through 4800 IP champs that walk all over shiny expensive 6300 IP champs, day in and day out.

The extra cost is worth it if you really really like the champ. I feel that way about Lulu.

Edit - I have no regrets having purchased Riven. She's absolutely excellent. Shyvana, on the other hand, I have had buyer's remorse with. Irelia too. It's a playstyle thing... especially shyvana lacking CC as a fast jungle.

Conchobear 12-29-2012 08:15 PM

Irelia is excellent in the fact she can't be stopped by Ninja Tabi and a chain vest. Riven is really awesome. I haven't played her recently since I picked up Irelia but she was my main for top lane. Nocturne is my all time favorite but I don't lane with him. I have 2 skins for Riven and really enjoy her. Lots of double kill potential. I used to teleport into lanes whenever I wouldn't get a kill in mine and just destroy. Her mobility is awesome. Still, all AD damage so kinda a problem there. WuKong is also a cool one. Has somewhat of a bad early if you can't harass with E>Q combo but has amazing lategame potential for a bruiser.

TL;DR
Wukong: Late Game Bruiser with Amazing Ult.
Riven: Awesome but only AD damage. Still really awesome.
Nocturne: My favorite but as a jungler.
Irelia: A new champ I picked up and really like. Variety of damage makes her hard to counter.

I usually save up 6300 IP and wait for a skin to go on sale that I like in case I need to get the champ so I would hold onto the IP but that's me.

1st HanarSpectre 12-29-2012 08:24 PM

If you like Jax you might want to give Irelia a try.

SamSparta 12-29-2012 08:30 PM

Darius dunk master