League of Legends Community

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   Help & Support (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   Laptop died, came back 5 minutes later, continued to play, lost, banned for leaving!? (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=2953723)

District1337 12-29-2012 03:10 PM

Laptop died, came back 5 minutes later, continued to play, lost, banned for leaving!?

I have been banned until tommorow even though I tried to help my team after I came back? At that point akali was too fed but still I don't understand. Ban me for a whole day because I was gone for 5 measly minutes?

District1337 12-29-2012 03:55 PM

riot please help me I want to play :(!

District1337 12-29-2012 04:59 PM

humpdebump

Shiftmad 12-30-2012 01:15 AM

Sorry, nothing riot can do. Just gotta wait, some people are *******s :/

Noonoo Bot 12-30-2012 11:19 AM

You don't get banned for 1 offense.

Postal Twinkie 12-30-2012 11:49 AM

You will simply have to wait until the time and date listed on the ban card.

Betwixts 12-30-2012 12:24 PM

Same thing happened to me today. Dog pulls out ethernet cable, connect back, banned for a day. There needs to be a disconnection recognition system or at least increase the amount of leaves it takes to get banned. It's stupid that losing internet gets you banned. How does getting banned for not being able to play encourage people TO PLAY?

Postal Twinkie 12-30-2012 12:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Betwixts (Hozzászólás 32988276)
Same thing happened to me today. Dog pulls out ethernet cable, connect back, banned for a day. There needs to be a disconnection recognition system or at least increase the amount of leaves it takes to get banned. It's stupid that losing internet gets you banned. How does getting banned for not being able to play encourage people TO PLAY?

The system is actually pretty easy going, you have to leave or AFK on a pretty consistent basis to get banned.

As for a system to detect a disconnect? It is impossible for a network to tell if a disconnect happen because someone unplugged the cable, or your dog, or if the connection was lost due to a legitimate failure.

Betwixts 12-30-2012 12:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Postal Twinkie (Hozzászólás 32988495)
The system is actually pretty easy going, you have to leave or AFK on a pretty consistent basis to get banned.

As for a system to detect a disconnect? It is impossible for a network to tell if a disconnect happen because someone unplugged the cable, or your dog, or if the connection was lost due to a legitimate failure.

pretty easy going? 2 times is a ban, lol.

Noonoo Bot 12-30-2012 06:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Betwixts (Hozzászólás 32988549)
pretty easy going? 2 times is a ban, lol.

No, you'll have other offenses which you'll be fully aware of if you checked your email once in a while.