League of Legends Community

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   Champion Feedback (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   !Better Assassin: Fizz versus Zed - POLL (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=2953363)

Arotisan3 12-29-2012 12:47 PM

!Better Assassin: Fizz versus Zed - POLL

Who is better between Fizz and Zed? Who?

tl;dr
Between Zed and Fizz, who can assassinate more effectively and still be able to escape out of combat? And who has higher burst (at same gold level)?

*~~*~~*UPDATED / CLARIFIED QUESTION *~~*~~*
The question is not who would win in a fight between Zed or Fizz. The question is who is better in general? Who is better against an AP mid? And who can burst kill and escape effectively?

TealNinje 12-29-2012 12:55 PM

If Zed lanes against Fizz, then Zed, hands down.

If not laning against one another, Fizz has better teamfight (due to AoE CC), but Zed has better single-target assassination (his ultimate/E/Q/auto combo is frequently enough to kill the enemy ranged carry.)

Arotisan3 12-29-2012 12:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TealNinje (Hozzászólás 32959514)
If Zed lanes against Fizz, then Zed, hands down.

If not laning against one another, Fizz has better teamfight (due to AoE CC), but Zed has better single-target assassination (his ultimate/E/Q/auto combo is frequently enough to kill the enemy ranged carry.)

That's true, but I find that being an AP assassin (Fizz) allows for more damage since I notice people mostly stack armour more often than MR.
On the other hand, the better thing about Zed is that he has an instant tele to enemy with his ult whereas Fizz has to use his skills to actually get to the enemy. There is not too much difference, but sometime insta-teleport helps a bit.

TealNinje 12-29-2012 01:09 PM

The biggest thing is Zed is an extremely hard counter to Fizz. If you see an enemy Fizz, find out what lane he's going to. He can't farm without getting close to you, which let's you E him and initiate a chase. He will have to E out, giving you ~15 seconds of total lane control. He can't farm safely under his tower, because Zed's W/E combo. He can't actually fight you, because E has a 3 second cooldown and *very* nice scaling.

Armor isn't much of an issue if you rune and itemize Zed a certain way. I do Black Cleaver/Ghostblade and with 19 armor pen runes; my end-game armor penetration (flat) is 54. If they build a disproportionate amount of armor, I can include a Last Whisper in the build, but most of the time it's unnecessary.

CerealBoxOfDoom 12-29-2012 01:25 PM

zed = full assassin who does his thing all game long.
fizz = semiassassin who has some trouble transitioning from bursty to dps if you start off with a roflstomp build.

Id say zed cuz he doesnt fade away suddenly

Fisherman Fizz 12-29-2012 01:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TealNinje (Hozzászólás 32959863)
The biggest thing is Zed is an extremely hard counter to Fizz. If you see an enemy Fizz, find out what lane he's going to. He can't farm without getting close to you, which let's you E him and initiate a chase. He will have to E out, giving you ~15 seconds of total lane control. He can't farm safely under his tower, because Zed's W/E combo. He can't actually fight you, because E has a 3 second cooldown and *very* nice scaling.

Armor isn't much of an issue if you rune and itemize Zed a certain way. I do Black Cleaver/Ghostblade and with 19 armor pen runes; my end-game armor penetration (flat) is 54. If they build a disproportionate amount of armor, I can include a Last Whisper in the build, but most of the time it's unnecessary.

This is completely inaccurate. Fizz can easily outlane Zed, especially when you take into account that you can just straight up dodge his ultimate entirely.

TealNinje 12-29-2012 01:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fisherman Fizz (Hozzászólás 32960659)
This is completely inaccurate. Fizz can easily outlane Zed, especially when you take into account that you can just straight up dodge his ultimate entirely.

Fizz can last long enough to get to his ultimate?

News to me. Zed W to E, warp to W, E again, autoattack. What's Fizz going to do? Q to you? Congratulations, he's now in much more danger than he was in before. Zed E's again, autos again. Dead Fizz.

Same situation, except Fizz E's away the moment Zed hits him the first time. No loss for Zed, he swaps positions and recharges the cooldown of his W by using E in the middle of creeps. What's that? Zed's pushing the lane? He doesn't care, he can harass Fizz under the tower. More importantly, he can knock Fizz down to such a health level that Fizz literally CANNOT farm without being in instant-kill range.

Oh look, Zed has his ultimate. Fizz has his E. Zed never uses his ultimate, because he doesn't need it against Fizz, because Fizz has to get into Zed's range to do anything. Then Zed forces Fizz to use his E to survive. Oh look, suddenly Zed's ultimate is perfect for the situation.

Oh, Fizz is initiating on Zed? Oh look, there's the Fizz ultimate. Zed ultimates to Fizz. Oh, he dropped Fizz's ultimate. Fancy that, Zed can do the same thing Fizz does. Oh, look, Zed is on top of Fizz now, and two hits and Fizz is practically dead. Oh, Fizz E'd away. Zed swapped positions with his R to gain extra distance. Fizz Flashed. Zed used W. Zed kills Fizz.

They play the same way in lane, except that Zed has better cooldowns and doesn't need to stand on top of Fizz in order to hit him.

Arotisan3 12-29-2012 02:04 PM

Thanks for all the awesome answers! But...

Oh, this thread went wrong so far. My question was worded wrong.
I updated the question and made it clearer. (Read Original Post)

The question is who is better as a better assassin. The question is not who would win a fight between the two.

PussPounder Esq 12-29-2012 02:06 PM

Shaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaark

TealNinje 12-29-2012 02:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Arotisan3 (Hozzászólás 32961328)
Thanks for all the awesome answers! But...

Oh, this thread went wrong so far. My question was worded wrong.
I updated the question and made it clearer. (Read Original Post)

The question is who is better as a better assassin. The question is not who would win a fight between the two.

The purpose of my "if they laned against each other" thing was that Fizz wouldn't be able to assassinate a wet paper bag if he laned against Zed.