League of Legends Community

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   Champion Feedback (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Should I feel guilty playing Akali? (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=2953224)

Mattafack 12-29-2012 12:52 PM

Should I feel guilty playing Akali?

I guess a better question would be, is Akali a low blow champ? Is she OP that picking her is annoying to others because of all the damage she deals and the great ecape mechanism she has? I do sometimes feel guilty playing her because I think she's OP at times. Should I feel this way?

Rawrful 12-29-2012 12:57 PM

No? She isn't OP at all. She is a solid assassin, and people who don't know how to deal with assassins will get rolled by her in the same way any other assassin would.

chezwickcheese 12-29-2012 01:05 PM

Perhaps. She's not as much of a low blow as Shaco but annoying at times. In ranked play with a competent team she isn't nearly as strong as normal solo q play. I wouldn't feel guilty unless you trash talk about leet you are

Zalenoth 12-29-2012 01:19 PM

people just don't get the fact that once she hits lvl 6 there's a huge bump of dmg to her. Once people catch on they lay off but sometimes it's just to damn late.

Beija 12-29-2012 01:27 PM

After Revolver nerf no, before Revolver nerf yes. You should have felt really bad then.

Mattafack 12-29-2012 01:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Beija (Hozzászólás 32958813)
After Revolver nerf no, before Revolver nerf yes. You should have felt really bad then.

Can't say I know when that was. I've been playing her for a little over a month.

bigfriendsmen 12-29-2012 01:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mardalador (Hozzászólás 32958913)
Can't say I know when that was. I've been playing her for a little over a month.

The cheap little 1200g revolver with some spell vamp+ap used to be non-unique. Several characters had ridiculous early games by stacking these to get 20-30% spell vamp relatively quickly and cheaply.

Akali was one of those characters, however I didn't think it made her OP. By stacking revolvers she delayed getting her Rylais and the hp+slow from that are often better than getting more sustain. That of course was dependant on you being a part of a team that could cc+focus her down, without that it can be very difficult to stop her if she has large ammounts of spell vamp

Phoe Dragon 12-29-2012 04:22 PM

I sometimes feel the same way but I realize that if you focus the assassin, they die very quickly. one good stun on Akali followed up by some damage can wreck her. she has to be mobile and untargetable to survive.

Onimus Terlain 12-29-2012 04:26 PM

akali is legit, but by no means OP.

She falls off late game because she has, for the most part, Single target damage, which can be a problem.

But other than that, she's a very strong, capable assassin

Baughwssery 12-29-2012 04:38 PM

she snowballs so hard though, once she gets a double kill at bot its gg lul