League of Legends Community

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   Tribunal Ban Inquiries (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   This is outrageous (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=2953158)

Northander 12-29-2012 11:21 AM

This is outrageous

I have been using this account, playing LoL since day 1 2009 and have never received the ban hammer - sure i have lowered myself sometimes to the level of some trolls in my game but who here hasn't ? Who here never got mad in a ranked game where there are more at stakes and you have a teammate whos place clearly is not in a competitive environment but more casual, and you ask him or ping him when you cannot type, not to do certain things and all he says back to you is *stfu kid*.
Dear Riot, i am a 22 years old WORKING man, on my own, with no family - so when i take the time to play your game, YES i do want to ENJOY myself and trolls do NOT make this game enjoyable - you can tell me just to ignore them, but maybe i cannot help myself from retaliating when someone is being a complete and total ass with MY free time. Riot, you should start viewing things from a different perspective when applying the ban hammer -is the person who is getting reported REALLY someone who deserves it ? I get a team who's name is *fish dix* whose members are constantly spamming *u mad bro ? u bad bro* when they kill you in a non legendary fashion.. well, when i turn the table around, i say back to them *u mad bro* - they report me, i don't, i get banned, they don't. A team makes dirty jokes in all chat, you play along without insulting anyone, game ends, you had a few cheap laughs.. 2 days later you find out they all reported you, blatantly LYING, saying you said certain insults which are clearly NOT in the transcript ? Yes, i am disappointed, very disappointed in the Tribunal.
http://na.leagueoflegends.com/tribun.../6087440/#nogo
P.S. how about the omni prezent duo-queue who report you for making a mistake, you acknowledge said mistake and say you're sorry and ask for help - you still get reported, everyone decides to punish you.
Amazing community...

ednortonwhatttt 12-29-2012 11:23 AM

sorry man. unfortunately there are 10,000 keyboard warriors already prepping their fingers to type you long paragraphs about why you're a horrible person to play with. they are the kinds of people who cry at work when scolded and eat their lunches in high school bathrooms.

Sereg Anfaug 12-29-2012 11:28 AM

Not the worst I've seen, but not good either.

I'm not sure why you're trying to blame other people - game 2 the very first segment of chat is you raging at your jungler. No one trolled you in chat, no one called you bad, you just straight up raged at him.

Game 3 you're also kind of an ass, but not really that bad.

I probably would have skipped this case, since I can see it going either way, and don't much care which. You're not too toxic, so if you slipped by this time, no real problem. On the other hand, you definitely aren't perfect either, so there's nothing wrong with you getting a little notification that your behavior is out of line.

Calm down, don't rage, play the game, and you'll be fine.

KUBlueBarracuda 12-29-2012 11:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sereg Anfaug (Hozzászólás 32957228)
Not the worst I've seen, but not good either.

I'm not sure why you're trying to blame other people - game 2 the very first segment of chat is you raging at your jungler. No one trolled you in chat, no one called you bad, you just straight up raged at him.

Game 3 you're also kind of an ass, but not really that bad.

I probably would have skipped this case, since I can see it going either way, and don't much care which. You're not too toxic, so if you slipped by this time, no real problem. On the other hand, you definitely aren't perfect either, so there's nothing wrong with you getting a little notification that your behavior is out of line.

Calm down, don't rage, play the game, and you'll be fine.

Agree with all of this. You definitely were not punished for game 1, nothing to see there.

Game 2, you definitely started off on the wrong foot with harassing Amumu for missing his skill shot.

Game 3, you were going back and forth with people on your team and the other, so eh.

I would have also probably skipped this case. There was enough to punish you, but there was also nothing so terrible a pardon could of happened also.

Just don't rage at people that play poorly.

Also, why are you allowed to threaten Soraka with a report in game 3 for throwing a winning game, but people can't report you for verbal harassment?

170 Calories 12-29-2012 11:40 AM

I would have banned you too.

OhBoyItsaMegaman 12-29-2012 11:45 AM

Would have been borderline for me too... Game 1 nothing, Game 2 one burst of rage and little else. But in Game 3, why would you say you're reporting your team for throwing? The back and forth in /all is nothing. That's a good example of banter that contains vulgarity but is acceptable. Nobody asked you to stop or anything like that. But for report bullying out of nowhere, yeah, I would have been leaning towards punish on this one even though it wasn't your team that reported you. There's also the fact that the accusation of using slurs in post-game is plausible because of your general attitude.

mambawarrior0 12-29-2012 11:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lyte (Hozzászólás 30696571)
4) That player in my game was far worse than me. Why am I banned???
a) I'll keep this one simple: retaliation isn't OK. Reacting to a toxic player by being toxic just incites that player to be even worse--it also ruins the game for up to 8 other players. It is far, far worse to watch two people yelling at each other all game than it is to watch 1 player ranting into blank space. Almost everyone in the game can find someone out there that behaves worse than they do--but so what? Finding someone worse doesn't justify your behavior or justify retaliation. We expect more out of our players. What players often don't realize is... those other players in your game that you thought were worse? Nearly 100% of the time, those players were banned even before you were. If someone is being toxic, just report them and move on. If you retaliate, both of you will be banned. It's really that simple.

LittleDi 12-29-2012 11:52 AM

For a moment, I expected gems to be the topic of this post, then I read it.

Jamie98s 12-29-2012 12:00 PM

way to negative

GON the Mage Guy 12-29-2012 12:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LittleDi (Hozzászólás 32957775)
For a moment, I expected gems to be the topic of this post, then I read it.

I'm glad I wasn't the only one who thought this.