League of Legends Community

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   Tribunal Ban Inquiries (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   Players never go down in Ban Levels (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=2952915)

A Noob Feeder 12-29-2012 10:22 AM

Players never go down in Ban Levels

A big fallacy is that the level of depth you are in the tribunal degrades over time. In reality its only a downward spiral to a perma ban, unless you completely reform, and by completely reform, I mean you never have a game where you are negative.... EVER after your 2 week ban. EVER.

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/....php?t=2947493

Look at that player, banned a YEAR after his 2 week ban, if the tribunal ban levels go down, how long does it take to go down a level, 2 years? You have to never type in anything negative in chat for 2 years? Imagine if we held all players by this standard. Ppl would quit or stop typing entirely, which seems to me what Riot wants of people in the tribunal, reforming to normal player status is not an option.

170 Calories 12-29-2012 10:25 AM

look man. Its a game, if you cant reel in you temper enough to articulate your feelings in a constructive manner, then maybe you shouldn't be playing mmos

A Noob Feeder 12-29-2012 10:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 170 Calories (Hozzászólás 32954521)
look man. Its a game, if you cant reel in you temper enough to articulate your feelings in a constructive manner, then maybe you shouldn't be playing mmos

This isn't an mmo, and no other competitive online game on the planet has a system even close to this harsh. And yes no other mmo's have a "negativity police" either, though I have heard of people getting small bans for racism.

But that's not the point, you're saying over the last 2 years, you've never said anything negative in chat? If you have and you had a 2 week ban before, you would be perma'd right now. Do you think that's ok? Do you think that your behavior was so bad that it should counted as "unreformed hooligan" behavior by Riot?

Fudouri 12-29-2012 10:30 AM

Did you read the whole thread?

He later admits to it not having been a year. Then later was unable to recount the exact time of the previous ban.

A Noob Feeder 12-29-2012 10:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fudouri (Hozzászólás 32954622)
Did you read the whole thread?

He later admits to it not having been a year. Then later was unable to recount the exact time of the previous ban.

Shouldn't it be in his email? But in anycase, there have been several players who were perma banned 6+ months after their 2 week ban. I wonder, if there is a tribunal level degradation, how many months it is. Maybe it is a year?

SimplyAlive 12-29-2012 10:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by A Noob Feeder (Hozzászólás 32954650)
Shouldn't it be in his email? But in anycase, there have been several players who were perma banned 6+ months after their 2 week ban. I wonder, if there is a tribunal level degradation, how many months it is. Maybe it is a year?

I'd say it is far more dependent on amount of matches played than time itself, but I am not sure whether it has been confirmed how it works exactly.

All we know is that punishment levels can go down on certain circumstances (as shown by players who receive multiple short suspensions (multiple 3 day bans for an example) before being permabanned)

Fudouri 12-29-2012 10:37 AM

I'm didn't catch up on the thread, i just remember reading it initially because I felt a year without degredations seemed wrong.

So far though, haven't found any concrete proof from anyone that this is true. Riot previously has acutally said they really only look at last few months.

So, if you have some of these examples, where there can be some nice data collections we can look at for proof, it'd probably prove point better. For example, if can find low number cases for their 2 week ban, and then a hihg number case for their permaban, then we can tell that there was a significant amount of time between the two. (though tribunal may not have been around for that long).

But your making a statement without any evidence. If you can provide more data to look at, it'd be easier to have this conversation. (I agree with your premise, but I haven't seen proof its true)

gnfnrf 12-29-2012 10:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by A Noob Feeder (Hozzászólás 32954459)
A big fallacy is that the level of depth you are in the tribunal degrades over time. In reality its only a downward spiral to a perma ban, unless you completely reform, and by completely reform, I mean you never have a game where you are negative.... EVER after your 2 week ban. EVER.

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/....php?t=2947493

Look at that player, banned a YEAR after his 2 week ban, if the tribunal ban levels go down, how long does it take to go down a level, 2 years? You have to never type in anything negative in chat for 2 years? Imagine if we held all players by this standard. Ppl would quit or stop typing entirely, which seems to me what Riot wants of people in the tribunal, reforming to normal player status is not an option.

It doesn't degrade over time. It degrades over normal gameplay. Borderline not-quite-enough-to-enter-Tribunal-but-amost doesn't degrade it, only normal gameplay.