League of Legends Community

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   Champ/Skin Concepts (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=40)
-   -   Aliah, the Mind's End (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=2952793)

Zedadiah 12-29-2012 09:02 AM

Aliah, the Mind's End

Name: Aliah, the Mind's End. (Up for change if you have suggestions.)

Base Stats:
Hp: 380 (+75)
Hp Regen: 4.75 (+.5)
Mana: 280 (+50)
Mana Regen: 7.2 (+.7)
Range: 570
AD: 48 (+3.2)
AS: 0.644 (+1.68%)
Armor: 12 (+4)
MR: 33
MS: 340

Abilities:

Overview: I want Aliah to be an antimage that specialize in disrupting and crippling the enemy's use and choices of their spells, and if they are not careful they will be severely punished for making the wrong choice. His abilities all have high mana costs and relatively long cooldowns due to them being somewhat powerful. Any suggestions would be highly appreciated.

Passive: Entropy: When Aliah is killed, all nearby enemies will be slowed by 30% and be dealt 40 + 10 true damage per level for 3 seconds. (Radius will be as big as kog's explosion)

OR

Chaotic Charge: Each time Aliah casts a spell he gains a Chaotic Charge. At 5 stacks Aliah's next ability consumes the charges for an additional effect.
Q: Last 7 seconds instead
W: After a clone is killed, Aliah is refunded 5% of his mana.
E: An additional 10% of the target's HP will be burned. (5% if target does not use mana)

(Please comment on which passive is more fitting)

Q: Insanity: Corrupts the target's mind, placing a damage over time spell on them. If the enemy is a champion then any offensive spells cast by that champion can also target his/her allies during the duration of the DOT. (Does not work on ultimates)

Cooldown: 14/13/12/11/10 Cost: 70/80/90/100/110 Duration: 5 seconds at all ranks Damage: 80/120/160/200/240 (+40% of AP) over the duration.

W: Delusion: Aliah stealths for .5 second and summons two clones that will mimic Aliah's every action, casts whatever spells he cast and moves where he moves. The clones do not deal any damage and cannot be controlled. When a clone is killed it will instantly fear the one who killed it.

Cooldown: 22/20/18/16/14 Cost: 95/105/115/125/135 Fear Duration: 1 second at all ranks.

E: Psychosis: Destroys the target champion's perception of reality, burning 10% of their current mana and also dealing damage equal to 50% of the mana burned. If the champion does not use mana then 10% of their HP will be burned instead and they are silenced for 1.5 seconds.

Cooldown: 16/14/12/10/8 Cost: 85/90/95/100/105

R: Havoc: Aliah becomes the embodiment of madness, channeling for two seconds and teleporting to target location, creating a field of mayhem around himself. Enemies who remain in the field will be dealt damage every second and if the enemy is a champion then their movement controls will also be reversed as long as them stay in the field. (The range and field will be similar to Fiddlestick's, but the field does not move with Aliah, instead it remains in the area where he first teleports to.)

Cooldown: 150/130/110 Cost: 160/180/200 Duration: 3s/4s/5s Damage: 120/160/200 (+10% of AP)

Pictures coming soon. Please leave comments and suggestions.

Moby the White 12-29-2012 07:44 PM

ill write something up after the mccc december contest currently i have a lot of work to do with the judging

Immaterial 12-29-2012 08:01 PM

I like the idea but the E is very selective. Even if one is countered by pure abilities and stats they can still guard their lane fairly well by being passive. The E is hard to do anything against because it has different effects based on who it goes against. The Q can end up killing one of their team. so if you had morde and aliah on a team it would pretty much be 3v7. his W is a very good idea but it is a bit overpowered and sounds a lot like leblanc, shaco, and zed. this ult would be very hard to put into game, because it messes with actual game mechanics and has a high probability to glitch and cause pathing issues when there isnt anything in the way. As for the passive i would choose the first one. although if you could control the direction in a missile like zyra it would be more useful because of range issues. if you were killed by a ranged ability then his passive is countered just by being ranged.

Void22 12-29-2012 08:02 PM

A magnificent idea. The abilities are wonderful. As for the passive if Aliah is a melee then Entropy should be the passive if a range I would advocate Chaotic Charge. Also, if you could find the time to review my champion, I would be grateful. http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/...ghlight=cambio

Zedadiah 12-30-2012 03:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by macroreaper (Hozzászólás 32969651)
I like the idea but the E is very selective. Even if one is countered by pure abilities and stats they can still guard their lane fairly well by being passive. The E is hard to do anything against because it has different effects based on who it goes against. The Q can end up killing one of their team. so if you had morde and aliah on a team it would pretty much be 3v7. his W is a very good idea but it is a bit overpowered and sounds a lot like leblanc, shaco, and zed. this ult would be very hard to put into game, because it messes with actual game mechanics and has a high probability to glitch and cause pathing issues when there isnt anything in the way. As for the passive i would choose the first one. although if you could control the direction in a missile like zyra it would be more useful because of range issues. if you were killed by a ranged ability then his passive is countered just by being ranged.

It is exactly the chance of Q making the opponent actually killing their teammates that they should be cautious. And champions with low mana can easily counter E because due to them having low mana the ability will do very little damage and will waste a large amount of aliah's own mana, and maybe the E shouldn't silence champions who don't use mana, maybe just slow them. And the W, unlike lb shaco or zed's clones they cannot be control so you can use them to bait or block, just to delay and confuse.

Dzanio 12-31-2012 12:15 AM

First, I love both mages and anti-mages. Anti-mages are rather difficult to balance, as they are designed to hardcounter a good chunk of a team, and yet this tends to leave them completely vulnerable to the rest of the team. In general I don't think Riot does a good job of balancing them because they either end up overpowered compared to everyone (Veigar), or useless (LB, Kass). I will do my best to help you design the first working anti-mage, but I don't have any go to sources to point you at for balance.

Another thing to think about is that a lot of people are running bruisers mid as anti mages, because they're tankier than mages, have better burst, and can generally escape skill shots easily. They also can't be countered by traditional anti-mages. I haven't started looking over your abilities yet, but you might want to make sure you've covered AD casters in your anti-mage champ as well.

Stats: Would you mind including "at level 18" values? It cuts back on the amount of work reviewers have to do.

Passive: Entropy; I wouldn't add the slow component to true damage; people have to be able to mitigate the ability somehow. Chaotic Charge: Been seeing a lot of pasives like this recently, not sure why.

General Comment on Passive: Neither ability is really an anti-mage ability. An anti-mage is supposed to be better than a typical AP mid; usually this is either in the form of extra sustain (Veigar/Morg), or through escape mechanisms (LeBlanc, Kass). I think your Chaotic Charge ability proced a spell shield or something.

Q: Cd is low considering the effect persists for 5 seconds. I'd start it off around 18 seconds. It's an interesting cc ability, and I like it.

W: I don't see how this is helpful except maybe as a passive, in which case it already exists. Also, what if one person kills both clones?

E: Mana burn abilities are tricky creatures. I think Riot hasn't implemented any because they aren't fun (no skill involved, no counterplay opportunities). I'd probably rework this into something more like the q; either as a static AoE within which spells cost more than they normally would, or make it a consumable mark which will apply a similar debuff for a few seconds. If you go w/ the mark, you can have it so that the debuff applies as long as the mark is up, or is silenced (ending the extra mana consumed debuff) when the mark is consumed. I also don't think this ability would be particularly effective against energy champs as it is now.

R: I think the mechanism for this would be too glitchy, you'd have people bouncing back and forth at the border of the cc effect. I like innovation, but I think you'd be better off going with a traditional fear/terrify instead. Is the listed damage the damage per second (which would be way too much), or the damage total (could use a small buff)?

Moby the White 01-01-2013 11:59 PM

Lore Conceptualization:

Dark petals fall silently to the wooden floor - the black rose that sits at his night stand is full of wither and decay. A tragic reminder of his past - a past no longer to be found. Every petal that falls brings back the memories of his days spent wondering about the great mystery of the disappearance of the Order of the Black Rose. Each day this man obsessed over this cult of magi trying to discover their whereabouts, but Black Rose was a shadowy group with connections that allowed them to become invisible it seemed, and for this man named Aliah he would discover nothing but an obsession if he continued this search. And that is exactly what he did. Despite Noxian militarization overthrowing the Order's control of politics, Aliah knew that the Order was secretly awaiting the proper moment to strike, and he knew that if he was patient enough he would finally catch up with their mysterious leader named LeBlanc. Insanity arrived shortly after a few months spent agonizing over clues and rumors or vague hints at the Order's whereabouts, and soon his desperate desire would drive him over the edge. It seemed that would be the very case, an inevitable outcome unstoppable by fate. But seemingly out of nowhere the mysterious LeBlanc revealed herself at the gates of the Institute of War, redeeming all hope that Aliah had lost. With this new source of information, Aliah dropped the final petal and hastily traveled to the Institute of War. His obsession would finally be complete.