League of Legends Community

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   Clan & Team Recruitment (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   Looking to play professionally (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=2952544)

Drcheeseit 12-29-2012 04:56 AM

Looking to play professionally

I have over 4000 games played. Over a month of my life in-game for some perspective. Anyway, I have put a lot of my time into this game and will continue putting my time into this game within the foreseeable future...
I am very experienced when it comes to the time I've played. I'm afraid I lack experience in high ELO game play, but I won't get there without working for it. I have put in a lot of effort towards my game play recently and have shifted from playing half-assed to a much more thought out and competitive manner.
Let me get to the point...

I want to play this game professionally. I already commit all of my free time to this game and would like to get somewhere with that time. I enjoy the game and I think I would love the competitive scene.

I am looking for a truly competitive team. I am not interested in a group of casuals, flakes, or the usual group of friends looking to get gold or plat. I have the time and want to put forth the effort to get there. However, I am afraid solo doesn't work... I have yet to find someone who has the same amount of time I have to put into this game. Everyone else I have tried to play with can't be as committed as I am. In short... I need a team or any advise I can take from people with professional experience to get to my goal.

A bit about me:

IGN: Drcheeseit
I'm 19
I play ADC atm but I am not limited to that role and just want to play the game (Although mid isn't my favorite >.> )

Ill speak as an ADC here regarding my game play: I put a lot of stress on my positioning. Everything important to an ADC falls in place if positioned correctly. Whether it be CS, poke, or engages in the laning phase or higher levels of manipulation in team fights. All of those qualities fall in place if positioned properly. Mechanics are my other focus as they really determine a skilled level of control in engagements and directly effect optimal positioning. Having played solo/duo so much I find myself making calls very often. I have a huge focus on objectives and manipulation of them to gain control of the map. However, unless I am playing a role outside of ADC I'm not interested in making calls like that outside of the lane. I would like to focus entirely on the factors that matter to my role in the game.

My schedule is fairly adjustable and given how this plays out I would like to eventually make this my job over the one I currently have.
My computer Is fully capable of running the game and is not an issue. Specs if requested.
My internet connection is stable and plenty fast.
IDK what else to say atm... anything else can just be asked here or in-game.

I have come of as really serious... I am serious about this goal but I am a chill, level headed guy with what I hope is a good sense of humor :) I wont freak out at you. I'll make an effort to be constructive in any situation I can. If I am upset about anything it generally means I think I did something wrong.

I really do want to stress how serious about this I am. Any advise, help, or offers are all appreciated. Thank you.

I am not trying to organise a team myself. I don't mind joining a team but I don't want to be in charge.

Would also like to say that if some diamond play was kind enough to play a few ranked games with me I would like that. I'm not looking to get carried but would like to play in a higher skill setting. See where I stand among the better of the community.

Drcheeseit 12-29-2012 07:48 AM

bump

Drcheeseit 12-29-2012 09:29 AM

bump then bed

Pentakill Jones 12-29-2012 10:46 AM

I also have the dream of becoming professional at this game. Right now my elo is at a low point in where it usually is at, but I'm hoping to get it back up really soon.

Add me in-game (Pentakill Jones) and maybe we can thing about making a team some time. I'm not currently in a team at the moment and don't have anyone that would be in one with me either (no duo queue partner).

I usually play mid as of late but could also play top or adc.

CharIey 12-29-2012 11:17 AM

ADC or Mid here. I want to get serious. Small tournaments and all. Add me, let's see what we can do?

enc Cinnamonium 12-29-2012 11:40 AM

Added you in game, think i have something to offer you

Drcheeseit 12-29-2012 04:00 PM

bump and thanks for the responses! :D

Drcheeseit 12-29-2012 07:08 PM

bump :)

Drcheeseit 12-29-2012 10:12 PM

bump - Unavailable till about 10am PST

Drcheeseit 12-30-2012 09:28 AM

bump - sorry if these seem obnoxious