League of Legends Community

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   Tribunal Ban Inquiries (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   Let's Be Honest Here (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=2952502)

mounopanos 12-29-2012 04:02 AM

Let's Be Honest Here
 
I have never been banned before. However after using the tribunal and overlooking some cases and reading over the forums, I do feel like some "punish rules" should be changed.
There are common instances of the same behavior that almost always gets punished, but shouldn't be. Let me go into detail:

1) Random cursing is usually just an indirect reaction to dying or misplaying. Just screaming out "sh*t", "gay"or "f*ck". This is usually always banned.
2) Calling someone "bad" after misplaying. While this could be degrading, it usually is just commenting after a bad play. Punishable players usually continue the rage with degrading comments, and drag themselves to a rightful punishment. But just saying "bad" should not be punished in my opinion.
3) Having bad games, should never be punished.
4) Using irregular tactics, should never be punished.
5) Negative attitude should be defined. There is no reason to ban someone because they said "gg" after their team got aced at baron or because the the jungler camped their lane.

This does not occur in just 1 or 2 rare cases. Usually, I see a new thread every 30 minutes, and that's just the people that post to complain. There is also people that don't come onto the forums and complain. When i see cases like : http://euw.leagueoflegends.com/tribu...e/536042/#nogo in which more than 50% of voters voted to ban this person it alarms me. I will not go on listing cases but there are many many more.
Most reports are casted on the losing team. I think this is a bias that can not be avoided, because lets face it, it isn't fun to lose. In league, any source of misplay will be usually be used to blame for the loss. So if you can't rage (which should be true) you will just report and move on.


TL;DR
I think we should be less strict with these currently bannable offenses because the community did not get any better at all. People don't rage as much anymore, but they alleviate their anger by reporting for anything.

gnfnrf 12-29-2012 04:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mounopanos (Hozzászólás 32949797)
I have never been banned before. However after using the tribunal and overlooking some cases and reading over the forums, I do feel like some "punish rules" should be changed.
There are common instances of the same behavior that almost always gets punished, but shouldn't be. Let me go into detail:

1) Random cursing is usually just an indirect reaction to dying or misplaying. Just screaming out "sh*t", "gay"or "f*ck". This is usually always banned.
2) Calling someone "bad" after misplaying. While this could be degrading, it usually is just commenting after a bad play. Punishable players usually continue the rage with degrading comments, and drag themselves to a rightful punishment. But just saying "bad" should not be punished in my opinion.
3) Having bad games, should never be punished.
4) Using irregular tactics, should never be punished.
5) Negative attitude should be defined. There is no reason to ban someone because they said "gg" after their team got aced at baron or because the the jungler camped their lane.

This does not occur in just 1 or 2 rare cases. Usually, I see a new thread every 30 minutes, and that's just the people that post to complain. There is also people that don't come onto the forums and complain. When i see cases like : http://euw.leagueoflegends.com/tribu...e/536042/#nogo in which more than 50% of voters voted to ban this person it alarms me. I will not go on listing cases but there are many many more.
Most reports are casted on the losing team. I think this is a bias that can not be avoided, because lets face it, it isn't fun to lose. In league, any source of misplay will be usually be used to blame for the loss. So if you can't rage (which should be true) you will just report and move on.


TL;DR
I think we should be less strict with these currently bannable offenses because the community did not get any better at all. People don't rage as much anymore, but they alleviate their anger by reporting for anything.

Did you notice that the case you referenced is from the EUW servers, not the NA servers?

AverageJo 12-29-2012 04:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gnfnrf (Hozzászólás 32950150)
Did you notice that the case you referenced is from the EUW servers, not the NA servers?

There is no hope for humanity. WE ARE DOOMED!

gnfnrf 12-29-2012 05:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AverageJo (Hozzászólás 32950305)
There is no hope for humanity. WE ARE DOOMED!

Well, Europe is doomed, anyway.

Koelio 12-29-2012 05:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mounopanos (Hozzászólás 32949797)
I have never been banned before. However after using the tribunal and overlooking some cases and reading over the forums, I do feel like some "punish rules" should be changed.
There are common instances of the same behavior that almost always gets punished, but shouldn't be. Let me go into detail:

1) Random cursing is usually just an indirect reaction to dying or misplaying. Just screaming out "sh*t", "gay"or "f*ck". This is usually always banned.
2) Calling someone "bad" after misplaying. While this could be degrading, it usually is just commenting after a bad play. Punishable players usually continue the rage with degrading comments, and drag themselves to a rightful punishment. But just saying "bad" should not be punished in my opinion.
3) Having bad games, should never be punished.
4) Using irregular tactics, should never be punished.
5) Negative attitude should be defined. There is no reason to ban someone because they said "gg" after their team got aced at baron or because the the jungler camped their lane.

This does not occur in just 1 or 2 rare cases. Usually, I see a new thread every 30 minutes, and that's just the people that post to complain. There is also people that don't come onto the forums and complain. When i see cases like : http://euw.leagueoflegends.com/tribu...e/536042/#nogo in which more than 50% of voters voted to ban this person it alarms me. I will not go on listing cases but there are many many more.
Most reports are casted on the losing team. I think this is a bias that can not be avoided, because lets face it, it isn't fun to lose. In league, any source of misplay will be usually be used to blame for the loss. So if you can't rage (which should be true) you will just report and move on.


TL;DR
I think we should be less strict with these currently bannable offenses because the community did not get any better at all. People don't rage as much anymore, but they alleviate their anger by reporting for anything.

Some sort of evidence would be great here. By the way, posting something that happened on the Europe server isn't evidence. That has nothing to do with North American servers.

I think you should spend more time looking through forums and reading what us Tribunal regulars are actually saying. A lot of what you say is simply conjecture.

Now on to some of your issues here:

1. Someone shouting out a random expletive such as 'holy f*ck!' in reference to how hard an ability hit or how surprised they were by something is fine. Saying 'gay' however is not. It's degrading and dehumanizing to a rather large subset of our population. Just like saying the r-word or n-word. Doesn't need to be directed at anyone to still be punish worthy. The community as a whole has decided there is no place for that language in game, and there shouldn't be.

2. Why just say 'bad' or 'you're bad'? Why not add on something helpful. 'That was a bad play. Next time let's ward so we don't have to face check the bushes.' Also, people aren't banned for simply saying 'bad' one or two times. It's usually a near constant stream for a huge chunk of the game.

3. Bad games are not supposed to be punished. However, when asking the community to judge whether it's intentional feeding or not some discrepancies will occur. If a truly bad judgment is made, Riot will fix things on their end.

4. Here I think there's a whole lot of gray area. Trying something new or uncommon is great, but not if your team isn't on board as well. This is where communication is key. Try to explain what tactics you're wanting to use and if your team is willing to give it a go, great. If they aren't, then stick to tried and true methods.

5. Saying 'gg' after something is very negative. Usually though it isn't punished unless it becomes a repeat offense. Saying 'gg' after every team fight or every time a tower goes down or the enemy gets dragon or there's a death or your support took one cs isn't helpful at all and should be punished. I don't think I've ever seen someone punished for simply saying 'gg' after a team fight went horrible and that was all their negativity throughout the game. Also, Lyte or WookieCookie has said they've never seen a ban for just negative attitude. It's always accompanied by something else. Maybe you'll get lucky and one of the forum regulars that saves the red posts will pop in and link it for you.

OhBoyItsaMegaman 12-29-2012 10:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mounopanos (Hozzászólás 32949797)
1) Random cursing is usually just an indirect reaction to dying or misplaying. Just screaming out "sh*t", "gay"or "f*ck". This is usually always banned.

I have never seen an single instance of someone being banned for randomly saying sh*t or f*ck. It's not usually always banned, it's not sometimes banned, it's not occasionally banned, it's not even rarely banned. I've never seen it happen once.


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 05:30 PM.


(c) 2008 Riot Games Inc