League of Legends Community

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   Summoner's Rift (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=48)
-   -   How to counter Pantheon top lane? (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=2952421)

Krypteria 12-29-2012 02:37 AM

How to counter Pantheon top lane?

I looked up how to counter him on Lolcounter but that wasn't really helpful he seems to have very few viable counters top lane and very few viable items that can stop him?

I only want to know because i got absolutely destroyed by 2 pantheons top lane today and knew when i was laning against them in both games they countered my champ so i played safely and only went for a kill when my jungler came up to gank but he almost always managed to get away then a minute later jump on me and unleash hell Gah he's just so frustrating to lane against, that poke and harassment ability does so much damage and when you want to poke/ harass him *Block* denied >.<

Any information on how to counter him would be useful to me? :)

EDIT: I actually played pantheon today and omg he is so strong i couldn't actually believe how much damage that Q poke did early/mid game and that Ultimate damage (when maxed) 700+ to enemy's near the center i never actually realized it did that much but playing him has given me a lot of experience and in-sight to how he works.

Grizzly Animal 12-29-2012 04:38 AM

Lolcounter gives two champions that make alot of sense

-Chogath
-Yorick

These champs have high sustain in lane without even potting. Panths main harass comes from his Q (Spear) and many Panths will try to level this first for most harass. Maxing Yoricks healing ghost will ensure health back and dmg. As for Chogath simply taking last hits on minions will get your health back.

A really good way to take advantage of Mantheon is to abuse his low health pool. A gank or two early really shuts him down, even though he falls in the late game anyway.

-Grizz

Cositox 12-29-2012 06:17 AM

Poppy.

Krypteria 12-29-2012 07:56 PM

I should probably have mentioned i do not really like playing AP champs top lane...

Perissh1 12-29-2012 08:03 PM

Yorick is ad...

Jesustim 12-29-2012 09:38 PM

Panth is a solid AD caster, so your choices are to take 1) a beefy (yorick, cho, as previously mentioned)

2) a superior duelist (fiora, well played jax, etc)

3) a hyper sustain with a little beef (warwick, nasus)

group one straight up ignores him in lane and punishes anything he tries, group two out trades and harasses him out of lane, and group three simply restores anything he knocks off and adds beef to prevent one shot combos.

170 Calories 12-29-2012 11:47 PM

I own panth and I would say that interrupting the heartseeker strike is the most important thing you can do. That strike is a big chunk of our dps. If a champ is at 65% health or so I can usually kill them with one rotation as long as im decently fed. I start with the Aegis of Zeonia for the leaping stun and follow with Heartseeker Strike for the dps and spear shot as my finisher. Now remember that once your health is at 15% my spear shot has 100% chance to crit. So in a fight it essential that you interrupt heartseekers dps or its over. Also if you can keep the path from early feeding he will really struggle late game to catch up.

170 Calories 12-29-2012 11:59 PM

Like mentioned above Cho can be a pain in the ass with his ground pound stun, and if you combine that with some ranged dps your set.

PeacefulNomad 12-30-2012 02:25 AM

I have found that taking cloth armor against pantheon as a starting item completely shuts him down early game. If you ask for an early gank you can secure an easy kill and pretty much win the lane as pantheon requires a good amount of gold to be any good late game. I use Garen and Jax against him fine but I wouldn't call either of them counters.

Dorsia 12-30-2012 02:47 AM

Try olaf, irelia, trundle, riven, warwick nocturne or lee sin. Anyone with sustain.

Early game start with a cloth + 5. If he spear spams early, he'll go oom pretty quick. If he stuns you and uses heartseeker, try to move out of the cone, but then counter attack. After he's cast spells he'll probably try to retreat, so get in a few hits if u can. good luck!