League of Legends Community

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   Tribunal Ban Inquiries (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   The League of Legends Player Base is So Awful (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=2952337)

Deadeye 12-29-2012 01:06 AM

The League of Legends Player Base is So Awful

In the past few months of playing League of Legends I have a remarkable amount of games where the players are just rude/trollers where they just make me not even want to play another game. A few weeks ago I was playing about 4-5 games a day if not more and now I am playing only 0-1 games per day. I absolutely love this game, the way it is designed the champions just the game-play in general is just really fun. The only thing that is holding me back from playing more games is the people that i get matched up with. They are either very bad to the point of cause the team to lose (or they are just trolling, in which i have been in games where they say at the start that they are going to feed and they dont care if we report them) (when someone feeds their lane 5 kills in the first 10 min, it is kind of hard to win) or they are absolutely rude from the start for no reason (that is the worst kind).

This is kind of a rant, but I really believe people just don't care about getting reported because if they spend money on their account they can just make another one.
I'm not saying the game should cost money but I just wish people would value their accounts more.

Ghan04 12-29-2012 01:24 AM

There are a lot of toxic people out there playing League of Legends, and this will come from any game that is free to play. (A higher degree of toxicity since there is no investment required to play the game.)
It's unfortunate, but it's why Team Player Behavior and the Tribunal exist. Riot does care about the toxicity of the game and is doing a lot to help improve it.

Believe me when I say that you would likely be surprised how much the Tribunal has done and continues to do to improve player behavior. Lyte, leader of Team Player Behavior, has mentioned many statistics including things like how a vast majority of players (~75% or so) who end up punished by the Tribunal once don't reoffend. (I don't know the timeframes on this, but given that the Tribunal has been in operation for over a year if I remember correctly, it's a significant statistic)

I also enjoy League and I've come to just accept that once in a while there will be some toxic player in games that I play. Not much I can do about it right then. I just report them at the end and move on to the next game.
That being said, if you want someone who you know won't troll or be toxic in game, feel free to add me if you want. I don't play much ranked and I'm not great at the game - just out to have a good time. :)

SchierkeWiking 12-29-2012 04:43 AM

You need a single person out of a group of 10 to be a dick in order to ruin a game.

This is the Internet, there's annonimity and many players are young males.

If even only one in ten players was a dick there would be a high chance of at least one being in each game. It's just the nature of the genre and human kind. Learn to deal with it or go play 1v1 games.

Koelio 12-29-2012 05:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deadeye (Hozzászólás 32947826)
In the past few months of playing League of Legends I have a remarkable amount of games where the players are just rude/trollers where they just make me not even want to play another game. A few weeks ago I was playing about 4-5 games a day if not more and now I am playing only 0-1 games per day. I absolutely love this game, the way it is designed the champions just the game-play in general is just really fun. The only thing that is holding me back from playing more games is the people that i get matched up with. They are either very bad to the point of cause the team to lose (or they are just trolling, in which i have been in games where they say at the start that they are going to feed and they dont care if we report them) (when someone feeds their lane 5 kills in the first 10 min, it is kind of hard to win) or they are absolutely rude from the start for no reason (that is the worst kind).

This is kind of a rant, but I really believe people just don't care about getting reported because if they spend money on their account they can just make another one.
I'm not saying the game should cost money but I just wish people would value their accounts more.

There are lots of frustrating people to get matched up with, that's for sure. There are way more awesome people to get matched up with as well though!

I would like to offer you some advice. First, try to get out of you're black & white thinking. You said you either get paired with terrible players or trolls. There's way more than just those two types in game. It sounds like you've gotten to the point where you are essentially looking for any signs of these two and once the smallest piece of evidence is discovered brand them with the title of troll or terrible. This will effect you're gameplay, how you react to your team, and your enjoyment of the game. Unfortunately it's an easy trap to fall into.

Second, take some time off from the game. Go do other things you enjoy for a bit until your frustration subsides then come back. You'll have a clear head and be ready for that fresh start!

And finally, friend the people you enjoy playing with in game or know in real life and play with them. Makes the game lots more fun!

I hope this was of some help to you. Best of luck in the future!

GON the Mage Guy 12-29-2012 08:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deadeye (Hozzászólás 32947826)
In the past few months of playing League of Legends I have a remarkable amount of games where the players are just rude/trollers where they just make me not even want to play another game.

How many?

I'm tired of exaggeration. How many games did you have "rude" or "troll" players?

You always remember the bad experiences over the good ones.

ZanteCypher 12-30-2012 05:06 AM

just ignore them. dun bother if some1 is blaming u for not playing well. no1 can play well every game.
the roles that get blamed more often is either support (feeding) or jungle usually though. So avoid these 2 roles if you want to so call avoid more ppl "raging at you".

Support always have bad kill death for sure and ppl always blame them for feeding..... ppl dun bother abt assists anyway.

The jungler, is the convenient target for ppl to blame,for losing their own lanes.