League of Legends Community
123

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   Tribunal Ban Inquiries (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   Lolbunal Favoritism (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=2952282)

198768 12-29-2012 01:27 AM

Lolbunal Favoritism
 
You know what's funny? Riot favoritism. They favor and do not ban some (arguably MORE) toxic players over others. Funny thing is, I'm no where nearly toxic as some of the players I've played with/against. I just point out the mistakes in a rude fashion, but not in the raging "go kill yourself you're bad your family doesn't like you way." I don't call others reetards, downies, autistic. The tribunal is a joke, it really is, and it shows it's true colors most when you see some of the bull**** that they let slide.

It's funny they expect results when the perma banners and 2 week suspension issuers show signs of favoritism themselves. I hope a ~*Red*~ "behavioral specialist" reads this. They know damn well. Business as usual. As you were.

Shiister 12-29-2012 01:56 AM

I have no idea what you trying to argue in your post, it's about of rage and jumble of words. Get your argument straighten out will you.

EDIT: You do know that Riot isn't the "Jury" on the cases only the "Executioner", so if someone gets pardon when they rage and make deaths threats in their reforms cards it isn't on Riot's fault, but on the community that failed to punish someone such as that. Riot only deals out punishment(suspensions/warnings/permabans)

198768 12-29-2012 02:05 AM

What part don't you understand? It's simple, really. Riot favors certain toxic players over others. They don't issue suspensions/bans to toxic players that are beneficial to their business, and ban/suspend the ones they don't know. Not really arguing anything, just making points about the facts.

Context clues buddy.

198768 12-29-2012 02:27 AM

I know there are cases where the Jury might be lenient, or even completely disregard the toxicity of players and pardon them. I guess that's just a flaw in the Tribunal. But assuming some of these players are punished by the same community that I was punished by, I'm sure Riot has some strings they could pull to personally pardon a business beneficial, toxic player. That's all I'm trying to say.

Ghan04 12-29-2012 02:34 AM

I'd be interested to see where the so-called "facts" of yours come from.

Yes it's true that some toxic players might get a case pardoned by the Tribunal if they get a lenient set of voters on their case. Yes it's true that some people get punished unfairly if they get a particularly strict set of voters.
Lyte has talked about these issues many times in the past. For the former, it's really a non-issue. If the player in question continues to act in a toxic manner in their games, they will continue to get reported and end up back in the Tribunal again, where it will be unlikely for them to get through a second time. If they don't continue to act the same, there's no issue here.
As for the latter, Team Player Behavior randomly hand-reviews cases all the time and also responds to player support tickets about unfair bans. They manually correct these on a case-by-case basis.

As it stands, the Tribunal is actually extremely accurate, and the number of unfairly punished cases is somewhere less than 1%, if I remember correctly.
There certainly is not Riot favoritism in the system whatsoever.

Shiister 12-29-2012 02:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 198768 (Hozzászólás 32947806)
What part don't you understand? It's simple, really. Riot favors certain toxic players over others. They don't issue suspensions/bans to toxic players that are beneficial to their business, and ban/suspend the ones they don't know. Not really arguing anything, just making points about the facts.

Context clues buddy.

You would have a better argument if you said something along the lines of "Riot favors Streamers over regular players" since people talk about streamers getting away with breaking the Summoner's Code on their streams with Riot hardly punishing them, but the only flaw in that argument is does the streamers get reported? Some might do and some might not get reported, but I don't personally believe Riot favors Streamers/Pros considering the actions against them I seen.

You do know that Tribuinal punishments work on a Tier system right?

Warning
3-day suspension
7-day suspension
14-day suspension
Permaban

Is usually how people are punished when they are found guilty of breaking the Summoner's Code in Tribunal.

Quote:

They don't issue suspensions/bans to toxic players that are beneficial to their business, and ban/suspend the ones they don't know. Not really arguing anything, just making points about the facts.
Oh really?

How about the time SaintVictous's got a suspension for intentionally trolling his jungler on stream.

How about IWDominate's PERMABAN from Lol?

You really going to ignore those facts?

I will reinstate again. Riot won't ban a summoner that don't go through Tribunal process, unless it's a special instance such as SaintVictous's suspension, so for streamers and important people who play Lol to be given a suspension or ban, they must go through Tribunal where the community decides if they are innocent or guilty, if found guilty then Riot will give them a suspension, but Riot won't take any action till a report is made.

Shiister 12-29-2012 02:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 198768 (Hozzászólás 32948112)
I know there are cases where the Jury might be lenient, or even completely disregard the toxicity of players and pardon them. I guess that's just a flaw in the Tribunal. But assuming some of these players are punished by the same community that I was punished by, I'm sure Riot has some strings they could pull to personally pardon a business beneficial, toxic player. That's all I'm trying to say.

So leniency is a flaw in the Tribunal? wutlol?

Um no, Riot don't pull strings to pardon a beneficial toxic player, from what I seen they show the community no matter who you are, you will be punished. Speaking of punish, why not post your reform card? You talk about your case, saying how you not as toxic as others who spew deaths threats and such, but just because you not at that high level of toxicity don't mean you not the above level.

198768 12-29-2012 02:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ghan04 (Hozzászólás 32948213)
I'd be interested to see where the so-called "facts" of yours come from.

Yes it's true that some toxic players might get a case pardoned by the Tribunal if they get a lenient set of voters on their case. Yes it's true that some people get punished unfairly if they get a particularly strict set of voters.
Lyte has talked about these issues many times in the past. For the former, it's really a non-issue. If the player in question continues to act in a toxic manner in their games, they will continue to get reported and end up back in the Tribunal again, where it will be unlikely for them to get through a second time. If they don't continue to act the same, there's no issue here.
As for the latter, Team Player Behavior randomly hand-reviews cases all the time and also responds to player support tickets about unfair bans. They manually correct these on a case-by-case basis.

As it stands, the Tribunal is actually extremely accurate, and the number of unfairly punished cases is somewhere less than 1%, if I remember correctly.
There certainly is not Riot favoritism in the system whatsoever.

Point taken. But believe what you will about the favoritism.

198768 12-29-2012 03:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shiister (Hozzászólás 32948346)
So leniency is a flaw in the Tribunal? wutlol?

Um no, Riot don't pull strings to pardon a beneficial toxic player, from what I seen they show the community no matter who you are, you will be punished. Speaking of punish, why not post your reform card? You talk about your case, saying how you not as toxic as others who spew deaths threats and such, but just because you not at that high level of toxicity don't mean you not the above level.

From what you've seen, they show the community, sure. This doesn't mean that they can't personally pardon after the community punishment. Whether Riot does this or not is not the issue, it is that they have the power to.


I'm still waiting for my reform card. I know I can be a toxic player and my punishment is probably deserved, so I wont show the community unless I think it was unfair. As far as my behavior goes, I take responsibility for the bull**** that I sometimes spew and stand by it because it isn't over the top and as far as I'm concerned, in some cases, justified.

Shiister 12-29-2012 03:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 198768 (Hozzászólás 32948709)
From what you've seen, they show the community, sure. This doesn't mean that they can't personally pardon after the community punishment. Whether Riot does this or not is not the issue, it is that they have the power to.

Yeah, that isn't logical. Just because someone have the power to do something wrong, don't mean they do.

Quote:

I'm still waiting for my reform card. I know I can be a toxic player and my punishment is probably deserved, so I wont show the community unless I think it was unfair. As far as my behavior goes, I take responsibility for the bull**** that I sometimes spew and stand by it because it isn't over the top and as far as I'm concerned, in some cases, justified.
So now you saying your ban is probably deserve because of how you behave, how is Riot showing favoritism? Because other people not getting banned along with you? Man grow the **** up, you have child arguments.


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 06:27 PM.
123


(c) 2008 Riot Games Inc