League of Legends Community

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   Summoner's Rift (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=48)
-   -   AP Yi need nerfed? (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=2950241)

Arientus 12-28-2012 11:00 AM

AP Yi need nerfed?

So his abilities are all magic I get it, but I think It's kinda rediculious to have such a small amount of ap and to do 400 damage with your Q against someone with 100 MR. Even though hes AP, his AD is strong enough that he can ulti you and attack you the rest of the way. THEN When you FINALLY get him, he can just meditate even fighting the whole team and still be at least at 3/4 health. I think that's unfair, like alot of other characters. Riot don't know how to nerf their champs.

AnikiSama 12-28-2012 11:04 AM

Banshee's veil 1ap ability gone and play.a character with a disruption there problem gone

LeeDark 12-28-2012 04:36 PM

Really? Choosing from a limited champ pool AND buying an expensive item is your solution? Think about that for a minute. And just in case your limited brainpower doesn't come up with this part during that exercise, realize now that BV will only really work if it doesn't get popped by something else.

Serrath 12-28-2012 05:14 PM

Maybe tone down the scaling on meditate. That's about the only nerf I think Yi may need at the moment.

adc 12-28-2012 05:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by leedark (Hozzászólás 32934770)
really? Choosing from a limited champ pool and buying an expensive item is your solution? Think about that for a minute. And just in case your limited brainpower doesn't come up with this part during that exercise, realize now that bv will only really work if it doesn't get popped by something else.

guys. What the **** guys. Why do i have to use my brain and adapt to a situation in a game? Why the **** can't i just build 6 bt and win? This is so bull****, nerf yi!

KnightxSScarlett 12-28-2012 05:33 PM

AP Yi - Burst once, have nothing to do for 8 seconds.

Jneu333 12-28-2012 06:00 PM

Its called sion and taric... their stuns own his face off

Woody and Buzzed 12-28-2012 06:07 PM

It's funny I was just about to post something about this. He is tankier than almost any traditional ap mid laner since he wasn't originally designed to be an ap champ . He has insane farm ability. He usually damages me more with his alpha than I can deal back with my whole basic spell set. And even if I manage to harass him, he just steps back and hits w. His speed completely counters my skill shots. There is no weakness in his lane game which is tragic because every champion should have a weakness. He has pentakilled my teams more than any other champion by a long shot. No other comes even remotely close. Riot needs to redesign his ap side now that everyone is using him this way.

SlayerofAsmodean 12-28-2012 06:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Just Pretend (Hozzászólás 32937685)
It's funny I was just about to post something about this. He is tankier than almost any traditional ap mid laner since he wasn't originally designed to be an ap champ . He has insane farm ability. He usually damages me more with his alpha than I can deal back with my whole basic spell set. And even if I manage to harass him, he just steps back and hits w. His speed completely counters my skill shots. There is no weakness in his lane game which is tragic because every champion should have a weakness. He has pentakilled my teams more than any other champion by a long shot. No other comes even remotely close. Riot needs to redesign his ap side now that everyone is using him this way.

No one will deny that AP yi has a strong lane phase. He does. His power peaks during skirmishes in the midgame. But if he can't snowball he will wind up being useless late game.

BloodyDerek 12-28-2012 10:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SlayerofAsmodean (Hozzászólás 32938079)
No one will deny that AP yi has a strong lane phase. He does. His power peaks during skirmishes in the midgame. But if he can't snowball he will wind up being useless late game.

the problem is he is almost impossible to stop snowballing, with only a little AP early, his meditate will absorb any kind of damage put on him unless you catch him VERY out of position and at low health to begin with. Once he gets that ult he will chase and alpha strike twice and your dead, and it also gets him out of every sticky situation possible. there isn't enough methods of stopping him in the game right now that aren't costly to the team, and that is wat makes it cause for a nerf