League of Legends Community

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   The Howling Abyss (ARAM) (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=58)
-   -   Add The Bloodthirster to the PG shop (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=2950120)

Adilor 12-28-2012 10:13 AM

Add The Bloodthirster to the PG shop

On Dominion, Sanguine Blade makes sense. There aren't that many minions to farm, and a lot more deaths occur, making BT an unappealing item.

On PG, however, Sanguine Blade kinda sucks. Ranged ADs will still get it because it's the best option for lifesteal, but really, we'd be better off with BT. The OLD BT was what made the initial idea for SB, but now that BT has been changed, it could really stand to be put into PG. ADs like Caitlyn really don't get the full use out of SB when it comes to skills like Piltover Peacemaker unless they specifically focus on autoattacking to get it up to full power.

I'm not saying take out Sanguine Blade. It's good at what it does, and shouldn't be considered completely inferior to Bloodthirster. Rather, let us decide between them. Put in BT; let us make our own decisions.

Zielmann 12-28-2012 10:27 AM

Bloodthirster would be a noob trap, and Sanguine Blade would always be the better pick-up between the two (looking for high AD + lifesteal). Even on PG, it would take a lot longer to stack a bloodthirster than on SR because there are relatively few minions being fought over by all 5 players on the team. Also, deaths tend to happen more often on PG than on SR, so your bloodthirster would keep losing stacks. It would be difficult to keep it at full stacks. Sanguine Blade just makes more sense because of how it stacks up. Sure, it's easier to lose the stacks off of it, but they are also far easier to get back (a few seconds into a fight and you should be at full stacks on a Sanguine.

innervation 12-28-2012 01:04 PM

Too much dying oh PG...and if you have any mages I'm not sure how you're coming anywhere near ~20 cs per death.

Adilor 12-28-2012 03:38 PM

15cs really isn't hard to get, especially as a ranged AD, and a lot of them have skills that make them good at wave clearing. Tristana, Ashe, Caitlyn, Miss Fortune, Corki, Sivir, they can get at least half of every wave without really trying.

Again, I'm not saying BT is outright better, nor am I trying to compare PG to SR. I've just had a fair number of games in which I wished I could've built a BT instead of an SB, games in which I'm not dying much and I'd like to have the AD constantly there instead of having to aa to build it up. Seven autoattacks is a long time, even at 2.5.

Zielmann 12-28-2012 05:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Adilor (Hozzászólás 32933015)
15cs really isn't hard to get, especially as a ranged AD, and a lot of them have skills that make them good at wave clearing. Tristana, Ashe, Caitlyn, Miss Fortune, Corki, Sivir, they can get at least half of every wave without really trying.

Again, I'm not saying BT is outright better, nor am I trying to compare PG to SR. I've just had a fair number of games in which I wished I could've built a BT instead of an SB, games in which I'm not dying much and I'd like to have the AD constantly there instead of having to aa to build it up. Seven autoattacks is a long time, even at 2.5.

But SB is just better for the game mode. You shouldn't be going too long without auto-attacking something in aram, whether it is hitting creeps or poking at opponents. It isn't going to be at zero stacks for very long if they do drop off.

I also think you overestimate the number of creeps you would get to stack the BT. You will not get stacks quickly. Many mages have far better aoe creep clearing ability. An AD would be lucky to get three cs per wave. You're probably going to fight before five creep waves have come.

Like I said before, BT on aram would be a bit of a trap. I think SB is generally under-appreciated for what it does, so a lot of players would instinctively go to the BT since it is often considered "better", but they would really be doing themselves a disservice by buying BT over SB.

CowMeat 12-28-2012 06:45 PM

I totally agree. Sanguine blade is bad for AD casters!

WavesBlade 12-28-2012 09:17 PM

Add Odyn's Veil to while your at it plz.

FDru 12-29-2012 01:54 PM

BT is pointless because A) deaths happen ALL THE TIME and B) my Veigar is going to be farming all your minions anyway.

Redenbacher 12-29-2012 07:19 PM

Also, BT would discourage AD Carries from committing to fights in fear of losing stacks. That's bad for the die-and-buy gameplay.

Oh, and AD Casters don't need any help...

innervation 12-30-2012 12:39 AM

^ That's another very good reason. You see that occasional person play for k/d/a like it's what wins games. More often than not, they cost their teams towers, inhibs, or games.