League of Legends Community

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   Tribunal Ban Inquiries (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   Best idea ever to reward Tribunal Judges (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=2949763)

Great Pyrenees 12-28-2012 07:24 AM

Best idea ever to reward Tribunal Judges

1 Attachment(s)
Ok here goes ... our own champion!

Since we are judging cases out of the goodness of our hearts Riot could create a EXCLUSIVE champion only given to tribunal judges who have judged say at least 500 cases. That would be the greatest prize in the history of good deeds!

Champion Idea

Thanatos
Can fill any Role!

Basic Attack Range: 1-550
Ideal Summoner Spells: Ghost, Flash
Ideal Team Fight Comp: Burst or Protect the Thanatos

Passive: Death's embrace
This unit gains an additional 1 for every 4 Health, Mana, Dmg, Ap, Armor, Magic resist that this unit builds (Buys).

Q: The innocent must suffer
Range 300 point blank area effect lightning strike that scales at a 1.3 AP/AD ratio. This ability damages everyone within the area of effect. Deals 100/200/300/400/500 true damage. (Yes the W passivly mitigates the Q). All affected units are slowed by 10/15/20/25/30% for 3 seconds.

W: A hero must train
Active: Creates a shield that protects Thanatos from X damage (X being the passive)
Passive: This shield mitigates 100 true damage plus 1 for every attack recieved.

E: The wicked must be punished
Active: For 1 second any attacks this unit sustains returns 2/4/6/8/10% max health damage.
Passive: Everytime this unit is struck in combat the enemy takes 1/1/1/2/3% max health damage.

R: The dead must rise!
Non-Toggle Passive: When killed this unit rises to judge again with 5% health per current character level (Max of 90%). 180/160/140 sec cooldown.

theshim 12-28-2012 07:37 AM

Do you have any idea at all how broken every single one of this champion's abilities are?

Great Pyrenees 12-28-2012 07:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by theshim (Hozzászólás 32920627)
Do you have any idea at all how broken every single one of this champion's abilities are?

Well .. he is Thanatos the God of Death but I thought as much. I am willing to take constructive criticism. Give me proper ratios and I will edit in the changes =). It was just an idea needs work I totally agree.

Harate 12-28-2012 07:55 AM

Wrong forum but nice try.

AeroWaffle 12-28-2012 07:56 AM

The idea of an exclusive champion goes against what Riot is trying to achieve with the tribunal system in terms of rewards.

They removed the ip reward from the tribunal to remove the motivation for people to only use the tribunal for the in-game benefits. An exclusive champion would make it even worse, Riot only wants people to use the tribunal for cleaning up the system, not to gain an edge in-game.

Ulanopo 12-28-2012 07:58 AM

I don't think there should be any reward for doing the Tribunal. I was glad when they removed the IP awards.

I do think that voting in the Tribunal could potentially be integrated into a system that educates players who are having problems avoiding toxic behavior as to common things that are not accepted in the community. I would dramatically increase the length of bans, but allow players to "work off" some of their ban by voting correctly in the Tribunal (their votes wouldn't actually count).

Enterti 12-28-2012 08:14 AM

Absolutely not.

theshim 12-28-2012 08:20 AM

Okay, I'mma break this down.
Quote:

Originally Posted by Great Pyrenees (Hozzászólás 32920358)
Can fill any Role!

This guy's kit is pretty bloody terrible for support. No way of helping your ADC and only a short range weak slow for CC. No steroid makes you a bad ADC. The other three...maybe.
Quote:

Basic Attack Range: 1-550
Being ranged already gives you an edge. 550 is pretty darn good.
Quote:

Passive: Death's embrace
This unit gains an additional 1 for every 4 Health, Mana, Dmg, Ap, Armor, Magic resist that this unit builds (Buys).
HAHAHAHAHA. No. Free stats are generally not great design but even then they tend to be conditional (see Vlad/Singed) or extremely powerful (Garen/Zed). A straight steroid buffing every single stat you build by 25% is absurdly, ridiculously, hideously overpowered. Come up with something else.
Quote:

Q: The innocent must suffer
Range 300 point blank area effect lightning strike that scales at a 1.3 AP/AD ratio. This ability damages everyone within the area of effect. Deals 100/200/300/400/500 true damage. (Yes the W passivly mitigates the Q). All affected units are slowed by 10/15/20/25/30% for 3 seconds.
The moment I saw true damage I wanted to punch my monitor. True damage should be used very, very sparingly.

The fact that it damages and slows yourself is an interesting drawback but mostly serves to make it Olaf's E in an AoE. With scaling. Scaling on true damage is even more terrifying, and your ratio is insane. Your base is also disgustingly high - no one in the game comes even close to that on skills that can be mitigated and are single-target. It's also flat-out broken to hell and back just by being AoE true damage.

Cut that to 80/135/190/245/300, make it magic damage, lower the ratios, remove or weaken the damage to self, flatten the slow a bit (10% is ignorable).

You're missing mana costs and cooldowns and durations on your skills as well. Can't really give a good sense of balance without them.
Quote:

W: A hero must train
Active: Creates a shield that protects Thanatos from X damage (X being the passive)
Passive: This shield mitigates 100 true damage plus 1 for every attack recieved.
True damage is true for a reason. No mitigating it. It's just dumb.

Rereading that: does this mean that the active gives you a shield, and the passive reduces true damage? Because that's just dumb. Sorry.

Giving yourself an on-demand shield isn't terrible but it doesn't do anything but shield? Weak. And what do you mean by +1 for every attack received? Do you mean permanently? Every time you are attacked your shield gains permanent strength? Because potentially infinite scaling is REALLY REALLY HARD to work around. It's the reason Nasus and Veigar are so problematic; it's almost impossible to balance their kits around the fact that they can become impossibly strong.

From what I can tell you designed this skill to go hand-in-hand with your Q, but your Q desperately needs fixing, and then you'll want to return to this. It also doesn't list what ranking it up does.
Quote:

E: The wicked must be punished
Active: For 1 second any attacks this unit sustains returns 2/4/6/8/10% max health damage.
Passive: Everytime this unit is struck in combat the enemy takes 1/1/1/2/3% max health damage.
Max health% damage is another very strong ability. Is this being dealt as physical? Magic? (It damn well better not be true.) The active is really short but in a huge teamfight it would be crazy overpowered (if by attack you mean damage taken and not basic attacks). 10% max health to everyone? Pop that, walk in, chunk 30% of their whole team's health to start.

Your kit isn't cohesive at all, either. It has one very short range nuke and a ranged attack, but the other skills seem to be aimed towards making a tank or initiator. But you don't have the CC or peel to tank for a team and if your Q isn't doing true damage (which, again, it shouldn't) you don't do much in the way of damage either, and the team can mostly ignore you.
Quote:

R: The dead must rise!
Non-Toggle Passive: When killed this unit rises to judge again with 5% health per current character level (Max of 90%). 180/160/140 sec cooldown.
Guardian Angel on a fraction of the cooldown and better. Nixed. There's already Yorick and Zilean's ults; this one is selfish, admittedly, but also automatic, really strong, and has no scaling.

Scaling is a big problem for this guy. There's nothing that really scales (except your passive, which makes everything scale too hard). There's no real reason to focus or even pay attention to him. He'll be easily bullied out of every lane and would probably only work as a jungler, but even then your ganks are going to be abysmal (no gap closer and only one weak slow) and farming up doesn't really do much.

Too much of the kit's power is focused into the passive and Q, making them far, far, far too strong and the rest of the champion ineffectual. Rework ASAP.

Or don't, because the idea of an exclusive champion for judges is terrible.

Enterti 12-28-2012 08:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by theshim (Hozzászólás 32921496)
Scaling is a big problem for this guy. There's nothing that really scales (except your passive, which makes everything scale too hard). There's no real reason to focus or even pay attention to him. He'll be easily bullied out of every lane and would probably only work as a jungler, but even then your ganks are going to be abysmal (no gap closer and only one weak slow) and farming up doesn't really do much.

As much as I agree with you on most of this I do have a nitpick here. This champion scales incredibly hard with tankiness and would not be ignorable if an Atmas was built on them.

theshim 12-28-2012 09:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Enterti (Hozzászólás 32921846)
As much as I agree with you on most of this I do have a nitpick here. This champion scales incredibly hard with tankiness and would not be ignorable if an Atmas was built on them.

That sentence was written assuming the passive is getting axed. It's a matter of gold efficiency that makes it so absurd; the fact that the specified stats in the passive don't include attack speed is about the only thing that prevents this from being broken as ADC (instead it would merely be obscene) but an Atmogs on this would be very powerful indeed...especially given that both are being boosted by a further 25%.

Hell you could easily go Atmogs carry. Merc treads, GA, Warmogs, Atmas, PD, IE. You'd hit like a truck with 550 range and be unkillable, especially with an infinite scaling shield.

You'll note that of the champions with free stats or conversion, the only ranged one is Vlad - who gets AP from conversion and isn't going to be AAing much anyway. Being ranged and getting insane gold efficiency from items for AD is absurdly strong, another thing to drop on the pile.

e: xypherous pls