League of Legends Community

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   Twisted Treeline (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=49)
-   -   Solo Top? (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=2948752)

Jryiah 12-27-2012 09:30 PM

Solo Top?

Getting sick of the people who say "top solo" and then QQ if you ever touch "there lane" outside of ganking...

This is the most noob thing I have seen in LoL. Twisted Treeline is about teamwork, not about this is my lane, stick to your lane. Plus its such a small map I find improvising and going with the flow, while sticking close being far better then locked lanes....

Ahskance 12-28-2012 12:09 PM

I don't have an issue with people snagging some XP or dropping a last hit or two if they are passing by after a gank, but I do get annoyed when random whoever AoE pwns the minion wave and the lane gets pushed out. Especially if they run off so I'm stuck with nothing to farm and time on my hands, or to run up and risk getting pwn'd myself.

And yes, the concept of "This is mine, and I live here forever" is pretty silly on TT. It's just too mobile for that.

Jryiah 12-28-2012 12:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ahskance (Hozzászólás 32925925)
I don't have an issue with people snagging some XP or dropping a last hit or two if they are passing by after a gank, but I do get annoyed when random whoever AoE pwns the minion wave and the lane gets pushed out. Especially if they run off so I'm stuck with nothing to farm and time on my hands, or to run up and risk getting pwn'd myself.

And yes, the concept of "This is mine, and I live here forever" is pretty silly on TT. It's just too mobile for that.

Mhm. Naturally after the first team fight the group will split up, 2 bot 1 top, but it does not last that long. I find it best not to even call it, and just go with the flow.

It restricts the teams freedom. When bot is pushed to their tower, and top is at yours, and they are all MIA. Its foolish to force the 2 bot to run into an ambush, but this is what gos on sometimes. Its like you got 2 choices, get ganked or get yelled at by ally.

The above situation can happen rather quickly, Locking the lanes locks down your teams mobility and freedom on a highly mobile and chaotic map. Stick close together and go with the flow.

Teamwork wins the twisted treeline.

Bobinatorlol 12-28-2012 02:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jryiah (Hozzászólás 32927236)
Mhm. Naturally after the first team fight the group will split up, 2 bot 1 top, but it does not last that long. I find it best not to even call it, and just go with the flow.

Since this is talking about normal's "just go with the flow and don't call anything" is some of the worse advice you can give someone. I see this all the time. People lock in tryn, riven, vi, etc... Then I repeatedly ask them in champion select where they are going. No answer. So I lock in yorick assuming they are going to jungle. Game starts and I am *****ed at for taking their top.

1 top 1 jungler and 1 bot is best, even for normals. Bot will not be constantly pushed because you do not have 2 people competing for CS.

Quote:

When bot is pushed to their tower, and top is at yours, and they are all MIA. Its foolish to force the 2 bot to run into an ambush
What is foolish in this scenario is the enemy team allowing all of that exp/gold go to waste while they are MIA. If they remain MIA while the tower is killing the creep the duo bot lane can farm the jungle or if you have skill shots poke around in some bushes. They can wait for the next wave. They can go buy. They can help top push out the lane a bit. The longer the enemy remains MIA while losing waves at their tower the better off you are.

PrinceVert 12-28-2012 03:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jryiah (Hozzászólás 32909229)
Getting sick of the people who say "top solo" and then QQ if you ever touch "there lane" outside of ganking...

This is the most noob thing I have seen in LoL. Twisted Treeline is about teamwork, not about this is my lane, stick to your lane. Plus its such a small map I find improvising and going with the flow, while sticking close being far better then locked lanes....

I hate when I go top, my bot teammates come to gank, fail the gank then PUSH MY ****ING LANE!

I hate that, in 3s where are no wards and the map is small be overextended in your lane is suicide or free farm for your opponent

Bobinatorlol 12-28-2012 03:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ahskance (Hozzászólás 32925925)
I don't have an issue with people snagging some XP or dropping a last hit or two if they are passing by after a gank, but I do get annoyed when random whoever AoE pwns the minion wave and the lane gets pushed out.

Couldn't agree more. Last hitting when I have to recall or snagging a few CS after a failed gank attempt is perfectly okay and is expected. What sucks is when you have a huge wave at the tower and bot is going to be ganked so you go to help. Things turn south and you end up getting killed. Now the derp Riven on your team goes top and rolls her face on her QWE keys to clear out the entire wave. You come back to a pushed lane and a lot of gold/exp behind.

Want to be loved as a jungler? Last hit and snag a couple CS here and there. Want to be god status in my eyes? Prevent the enemy wave going into the tower by being a meat shield.

Switching roles around and on to being a jungler. Want me not to come top and take all of your CS? Do not take my camps when farming at your lane is viable. If you are pushed and farming is no longer viable take ONE camp do not full clear my jungle or possibly two if you know I am busy else where. I will farm the hell out of your lane if you put me behind.

WashedLaundry 12-28-2012 03:49 PM

I had an Ezreal continuously complain to me every time I showed at bot for longer than a few seconds, took jungle camps when I tried to do them, and then complained that I was bad every time I "stole" a kill from him. I went like 16-0 that game.

Back on topic, though, I don't see anything incredibly wrong with them getting mad at you for pushing the lane out. They shouldn't be pissed at you for getting a CS or two but if you're intentionally pushing lane to tower early in the game, you're doing something wrong. Later, if you guys need to be working towards getting towers, I struggle to see the harm in it.