League of Legends Community
12345 ... 8

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   The Howling Abyss (ARAM) (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=58)
-   -   1v1 Proving Grounds Tier List (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=2947810)

What is a Wolf 12-27-2012 05:57 PM

1v1 Proving Grounds Tier List

This data was collected out of hundreds of 1v1 games as well as 20ish tournaments I participated in. This list is more accurate for a nexus-win format than first-to-3-kills since most of these champs are very item dependant.

Tier S:
- Yorick

Tier 1:
- Urgot
- Kayle
- Jayce
- Elise

Tier 2:
- Teemo

Tier 3:
- Nunu
- Darius
- Malzahar

Tier 4:
- Akali
- Cassiopeia
- Nidalee
- Lee Sin
- Olaf
- Jax
- Warwick
- Kha' Zix
- Irelia
- Vayne
- Tristana
- Nasus

Aethaszun 12-27-2012 06:29 PM

I can say that What is wolf is a good player, infact I play her often. She clearly has done her fair share of research and I agree with most of these. Minor changes to the Tier listings should be made imo though. Such as Under T2 - Nasus and olaf should be swapped. If olaf can land all if not most of his Q's and E every time nasus is in range, he should be able to zone him from Q farming. Also with olaf's ult he can negate nasus's slow, which is a big part of AD nasus. That's about the only thing I would change, but I have not tested all of the champions counters and builds extensively like she has. Good work wolf :D
Also feel free to add me. I play just about anyone and love to 1v1.

What is a Wolf 12-27-2012 06:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aethaszun (Hozzászólás 32901361)
I can say that What is wolf is a good player, infact I play her often. She clearly has done her fair share of research and I agree with most of these. Minor changes to the Tier listings should be made imo though. Such as Under T2 - Nasus and olaf should be swapped. If olaf can land all if not most of his Q's and E every time nasus is in range, he should be able to zone him from Q farming. Also with olaf's ult he can negate nasus's slow, which is a big part of AD nasus. That's about the only thing I would change, but I have not tested all of the champions counters and builds extensively like she has. Good work wolf :D
Also feel free to add me. I play just about anyone and love to 1v1.

huhuhuhu

I agree I changed it. I did test Olaf vs. Nasus before and Olaf has a pretty huge edge.

0ne 12-27-2012 06:52 PM

What is wolf is not a good player, he is a great player.
Have learned a lot from my matches against her in proving grounds and she has kindly given me advice and tips that I would not have thought of.
I believe AD carries could become viable in the 1v1 matches such as vayne and corki for their true damage portion.
They should have some durability and the ability to kite with items such as frozen mallet or frozen fist.
Overall, I enjoyed playing these 1v1s and getting a chance to learn so much in these matches.
Anyone should try it out, it can help anyone who is struggling to master trading, harassing, csing, and knowing the extent of a certain champion

Krigsmjod 12-27-2012 06:53 PM

Quite curious about the Malzahar build; I haven't seen that done before.

0ne 12-27-2012 06:55 PM

I believe the Malzahar build is manamune then cdr to spam spells and get 2-3 minions up at a time (which scale very well with ad)

What is a Wolf 12-27-2012 07:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thee One (Hozzászólás 32902349)
I believe the Malzahar build is manamune then cdr to spam spells and get 2-3 minions up at a time (which scale very well with ad)

Yes, Manamune to tanky items (thornmail / frozen heart / sunfire / banshees).

The Malzahar minion scales 50% out off Attack Damage AND 50% off your Armor, so if you're going against a bruiser / adc (which is what 90% of the players play) you can just stack up mana and resist items (like frozen heart / the new gauntlet / banshees) and it gives you both tankiness, damage (manamune % mana pump) and provides your minion with both damage and tankiness as well.

So while fighting you can just cast your spells, run around/juke and let your minion do the damage. The reason malz is so good is that he's so tanky and durable that the fights go on for a very long time so he can pop up to 3 minions while you try to juke and run away from your opponent. Most other characters actually have to standstill and fight to do damage

gnatnath98 12-27-2012 08:34 PM

Bump. What is a Wolf is a good friend of mine and we run 1v1 tournaments together. I agree with this tier ranking.

What is a Wolf 12-28-2012 08:37 AM

Moved Darius up to tier one since he slaps both nasus and olaf

added khazix on tier 2. might move down to tier 3 eventually after further playtesting.

Mouse Trench 12-28-2012 11:24 AM

Looks pretty accurate. And I've never beaten What is a Wolf.

I wonder how much rock/paper/scissors situations are a factor (in addition to Olaf and Malz) though. Like Darius vs good ranged harass?