League of Legends Community
12345 ... 7

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   General Discussion (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Skin Design Concept - Upgradable Tiers [Dat Parrot] (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=2947089)

Masmurdurah 12-27-2012 02:03 PM

Skin Design Concept - Upgradable Tiers [Dat Parrot]

Would you pay for small visual enhancements to the models of your favorite champs?

Think if Ezreals base skin was PFE at lvl 1. You could pay # RP to get PFE level 6, 11 or 16. This would be opposed to buying a completely different theme for Ez.

To further elaborate; here is your friendly neighborhood Parrotman -

Quote:

Originally Posted by IronStylus (Hozzászólás 32871383)
That's another thing that interests me, the x2 or x10 scenario for skins. Is taking a champion's base theme and bumping it up a level or two cool? Artistically, it's pretty easy to do, but I can see how players might be like.. "Uh, that's just a fancy base, I feel cheated" or "Shouldn't this just be the new base?" I'm wondering if that'd be the case.

Yes, personally I'm also cool with "upgraded" versions of champions, it's something that I'm not sure we know how to do just right whilst managing expectations.

----------------------------------------------
What are your thoughts? Some examples would be cool too. Here is mine:

Personally, I like Vi's base skin more than her RP skin. If there was an option to purchase a small upgrade to add some extra shockwaves when she punched and a little extra layer of armor to her body/legs I'd be all over it. Call it "HeaVIweight" or some orther obnoxious pun and we would be good to go.

Edit 1: Birdmayne has arrived.

Lots of different ideas, here. Seems the most distinct one we have come across is the request for this type of upgrade to be unlocked through gameplay. This comes with a whole new set of questions and challenges.

Could this cause more bickering in pre-game chat? "Im not playing support. I need one more with with Pantheon to get my Olympus Aura mod."

That is my concern. Although I do like the concept. Maybe adding an option to purchase for IP/RP as well to help deter the mindset of "I have to play this champ to get this reward".

Gladius Altra 12-27-2012 02:06 PM

I approve. But i personally like her skin. Toggle able glasses and sonic punch im down. Her E also reminds me of flux so i double love

Masmurdurah 12-27-2012 02:16 PM

Oh dont get me wrong. Her default is gorgeous - I was just trying to elaborate on the idea. :P

Masmurdurah 12-27-2012 02:38 PM

Bump for The Parrot.

Also, be sure to include any Ideas you may have for enchancements.

Poeta Somnium 12-27-2012 02:42 PM

I could dig it. Maybe since Lux is all about rainbows you could do something with changing the color pallette of her abilities? Or maybe we could buy auras for champs (like the Inclement Weather aura in Halo Reach). Armor-wise, there are all kinds of awesome things you could do. I'd be pretty psyched to throw some armor touches on my Bird of Prey Anivia.

Also, what about the inverse of this option? Instead of adding new stuff you take stuff away, like removing the helmet from Defender Leona or the mask from Justicar Syndra (a'la Unmasked Kayle)? Just a thought.

Masmurdurah 12-27-2012 02:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Poet Ultima (Hozzászólás 32894160)
I could dig it. Maybe since Lux is all about rainbows you could do something with changing the color pallette of her abilities? Or maybe we could buy auras for champs (like the Inclement Weather aura in Halo Reach). Armor-wise, there are all kinds of awesome things you could do. I'd be pretty psyched to throw some armor touches on my Bird of Prey Anivia.

The aura idea is legit.
"Double Rainbow Lux mod - splits her ulti into two smaller lazors.
Little changes like that?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Poet Ultima (Hozzászólás 32894160)
Also, what about the inverse of this option? Instead of adding new stuff you take stuff away, like removing the helmet from Defender Leona or the mask from Justicar Syndra (a'la Unmasked Kayle)? Just a thought.

Thats a cool thought. There are some community ideas that are an extreme version of that. "Unprepared Garen." Either way. I like it.

Masmurdurah 12-27-2012 02:55 PM

Also, slightly unrelated - I'd like to see a Saiyan Lux who just shoots her beams with her hands instead of her rod. Would need a slight animation rework, but still would be neat.

FutureSound54 12-27-2012 03:10 PM

So DOTA 2 and TF 2 in a nutshell?

Poeta Somnium 12-27-2012 03:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FutureSound54 (Hozzászólás 32894936)
So DOTA 2 and TF 2 in a nutshell?

I don't think originality of the feature is an issue; after all League is far from original in a lot of ways. It seperates itself from the competition because it's well-executed, not because it's original. So if the competition has an awesome feature, why can't League have that same feature and make it better?

I don't like DoTa, and have no experience with TF 2. I'm not going to jump over to these games for these features. I would much rather they be integrated into the game I actually play and enjoy.

Taylion 12-27-2012 03:30 PM

I disapprove