League of Legends Community
1234511 ... 12

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   General Discussion (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Some things about Vi's Q (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=2946523)

XylemUP 12-27-2012 10:19 AM

Some things about Vi's Q

Been playing Vi and only Vi since she came out. Great character, love her attacks and play style. But.... Two things are severely wrong.

1) Casting her Q should not cause her to stop moving. Isn't the 15% move speed reduction enough? Does she really need to come to a complete stop? I know I can just keep clicking, and it won't matter virtually at all.... But there are times when I'm watching a battle waiting for a good opportunity, I set my path to the middle of the battle and press Q, so it's ready at fully charged right when I get there.

Whoops. It makes me stop moving. I forgot, and now I'm not in the fight.

If it said it did this in the skill description, I wouldn't mind. But since it doesn't mention anywhere that "Vi comes to a complete stop when activating this skill.".... I think it's a bit unfair.

Please change it or update the tooltip, to show that this was an intended effect.

2) Very rarely..... My Q goes right through whoever I'm aiming at. No, it's not me missing. I know this because I punched at a max size cho, hit him dead center.... And just kept going instead of stunning or even damaging him.
Both teams acknowledged this happening. Sadly I have no recordings of this, as it's only happened three times, each time against a different champ. And my comp just isn't powerful enough to constantly be recording when I play.

No complaints other than that! Vi is the first character in a few months that I've truly enjoyed playing as/against. Just please, for the love of god, fix these two things. Especially the movement stopping Q. I can deal with a 1/1000 glitch on my punch.... But I screw up and forget my Q stops me from moving 25% of the time. :(

XylemUP 12-27-2012 11:09 AM

Bump?

XylemUP 12-27-2012 11:23 AM

Come on. Troll threads get replies, but a thread about actual issues with a new character gets no replies?

No wonder people hate this community, lol.

Mr Richard101 12-27-2012 11:26 AM

there shouldn't be a 15% slow at all tbh. it serves no purpose on a champion that already has serious issues sticking to people.

RamenBLD 12-27-2012 11:28 AM

Let's make Vi's ult be a skill shot instead of the auto-target then if this gets changed.

Vi has 5 skills, all which are attack skills. Not sure about you, but I've played against Vi's that are able to successfully land their combo (the full spam) without a problem (but also some that don't play well with her).

Learn a right combo and you'll be able to land your Q without "getting out" of the battle.

XylemUP 12-27-2012 11:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RamenBLD (Hozzászólás 32888240)
Let's make Vi's ult be a skill shot instead of the auto-target then if this gets changed.

Vi has 5 skills, all which are attack skills. Not sure about you, but I've played against Vi's that are able to successfully land their combo (the full spam) without a problem (but also some that don't play well with her).

I never said anything about having trouble pulling off the combo though....

The things I'm complaining about are how Q completely stops her from moving when you cast it, and VERY RARELY the Q will just travel through an enemy without doing damage or stunning them.

It's pointless to have it stop her from moving. If you spam click while casting it, it nullifies it and it's like you never even stopped at all. But if you forget that it stops her as soon as you cast it.... It could potentially really screw you up. And there's no reason for it to be ingame. It's not in the tooltip, why is it in the game?

[edit] I'm almost thinking you didn't read my post at all. Please re-read it and edit your post accordingly, as right now it has nothing to do with anything I mentioned (Which is a very rare Q glitch, and casting Q stopping Vi's movement.)

GoForkUrself 12-27-2012 11:34 AM

I agree no reason for it to cause you to stop moving.

XylemUP 12-27-2012 11:42 AM

Bamp, this needs actual attention.

RamenBLD 12-27-2012 11:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by XylemUP (Hozzászólás 32888337)
I never said anything about having trouble pulling off the combo though....

The things I'm complaining about are how Q completely stops her from moving when you cast it, and VERY RARELY the Q will just travel through an enemy without doing damage or stunning them.

It's pointless to have it stop her from moving. If you spam click while casting it, it nullifies it and it's like you never even stopped at all. But if you forget that it stops her as soon as you cast it.... It could potentially really screw you up. And there's no reason for it to be ingame. It's not in the tooltip, why is it in the game?

I'm just saying Riot made her Q completely stop for a reason. I believe Vi is "balanced" at this moment and can be potentially OP if given to the right players. Not stopping to charge up the Q would somewhat make her more OP.

Also, Riot somewhat made common sense with this. The Q is a powerful punch, and in real life, throwing a strong punch comes from a good stance with some torque. You won't have as much torque if you are moving during this "powerful punch".

30 Helens 12-27-2012 11:42 AM

I've experienced this problem as well. A full-stop prior to activating Q is complete ****.