League of Legends Community

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   Dominion (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=43)
-   -   Theres alot more to this game than just playing for kills.. (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=2945904)

xPainx 12-27-2012 02:48 AM

There's a lot more to this game than just playing for kills..

Ever since I've started playing League of Legends , I've noticed that players lack a sense of teamwork and play for kills while sacrificing many other things which usually results in a loss. I'm a very team-oriented player and when i say that i don't focus on kills this DOES NOT mean i think that getting kills is not important. Obviously killing the enemy players are inevitable even as a very defensive(and aggressive) player that i am. What i mean by players focusing on only kills can be explained by a simple scenario that im sure all of us have seen on Dominion specifically although similar scenarios happen on SR as well.

One example is a player that chooses to chase an enemy that he will most likely never catch to get that kill while the enemy's teammates is close by capping the chaser's tower. Yes the enemy is low hp but it seems that a lot of players don't have good judgement and cannot tell when an enemy can or cannot be caught. I admit myself that i have in the past and even recently chased an enemy and got caught by his freshly re-spawned teammate only to get killed. This doesn't happen a lot to me but its usually when im not paying attention to whos alive by Using the TAB button.

I've been playing zyra a lot recently and I've had a high win ratio in general with her. the past few days I've been winning A LOT, about 80%+ of my games. Some games ill end up going 15/5/24 and win and some games ill be 4th or 5th place but still win. One game i was 20/5/10 AND in 1st place and i will even admit that i just happened to be at the right place and time to get the last hits. I'm not downplaying my abilities/skill as a player but i'm just being honest. Although i admit that having a nice score is visually appealing , i don't play to get the most kills on my team. I simply play the SAME every game and if i happened to get the last hits which results in me getting the kills then so be it. If i go 7/8/28 in last place some players(or most) might think its a bad score but they fail to realize that when someone gets the highest assists it most likely means they were with the team most of the time. I don't go out of my way leaving my teammate alone on our tower to chase some Hecarim that i know i will never catch. I'm sure no one really tries to chase Hecarim but you get my point.

I try to peel enemies off my teammates as much as i can with my vines, popping 2 seeds and Q and my low hp teammates that was being chased turns around and gets a clutch kill. I could have chosen to let him die and be selfish to get that kill for myself. That very scenario has happened many times. I understand that peeling and saving my teammate will benefit me in the end cuz he will be able to port and return top to defend instead of being on a 20 sec res timer etc.

Sorry for the walls of text:)

Panzerzs 12-27-2012 03:39 AM

-Thumbs up-
I agree with u completely about the "not about the kills". For the metta of dominion, it's hard to come across people who figure that out (example being you =] ) since people still play only for kills (as if I'm watching kids play cod and camp in corners playing domination or something) <-- useless to the objective in my opinion.
-You also mention "TAB" which is also something that not many people do. The moment you start chasing someone and you see that enemies are missing, you'll most likely get killed; always opening TAB is a key thing
-Tbh (to be honest), getting a good score or getting first place means nothing to me, I'd rather get a **** score and make my teammates happy (for the win), than get a good score and have my team upset of a loss~
-Glad you also put up another point, dominion is about "objective", there's a reason why re-spawn timers are faster in this mode compared to SR. I can kill a guy 20 times, and he will still come back and somehow sabotage me late game
-There were times where my teammates would go 31-5 and i would go 27-5 & the rest of team going positive, but we'd still lose by 50-60 points ~
-Mainly whati see to be the key aspect of me just raising to 2400-2500 elo is straight teamwork. Once you understand dominion to the point where you know it's about defending, and knowing the enemy (This is where dominion is key in map awareness too which is important), things become very easy
-With someone like zyra, her AoE burst late game with BFT etc make her an excellent champion that is not "op" in my book
-Another key aspect of holding leads is when you completely destroy a team of 4 top and your guys are still high in hp, dont take the time to all port or just farm or run around. (This is where mistakes occur)
-Instead: Take the map over, take the fog of war over, the best place to be in is to bunch up beside the enemy speed shrine while they're still reviving. This is WHY I DONT CAP THEIR MID POINT UNLESS WE ABSOLUTELY CRUSH THE OTHER TEAM XP
-The reason why people lose clutch games (im talking about close games) is because they tend to get either
1. Too overconfident that they push for a 4th cap for some reason...
2. They dont have map control (they don't think about setting up for an ambush after a huge fight ends) therefore the enemy has MAP control and the cycle of an assault top/bottom repeats with your odds at a disadvantage (the team with more points is at a huger disadvantage, especially when they have no map control)
So now, (I could not write too much or else you'd get mad) Dominion needs some sort of skill.
3. Dont get me started about Teemo shrooms and niddale traps =(

~I really wish people knew a lot more like you did =), Some people still think its like Call of Duty camping in Domination for some reason. They complain about not winning the game cause they have 1-2 caps while their 1st place teammate has 10-12 caps.
~Keep it up, I'll see you in Q when you get high enough~

Conclusion: Tried to give you what a high elo player thinks like x.x sorry for writing too much!

xPainx 12-27-2012 03:45 AM

Well tbh , i sometimes get last place cuz i port while 3 of my teammates are capping the node after we just won a teamfight. Sometimes i stay if needed but this is what i do since theres no point in helping to cap when theres already 3 people capping it. Id rather port so i can be back in time to defend with full hp. Thats why i think that the score isnt really accurate sometimes in determining whos playing well.

Panzerzs 12-27-2012 03:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dxG Skumbagz (Hozzászólás 32879865)
Well tbh , i sometimes get last place cuz i port while 3 of my teammates are capping the node after we just won a teamfight. Sometimes i stay if needed but this is what i do since theres no point in helping to cap when theres already 3 people capping it. Id rather port so i can be back in time to defend with full hp. Thats why i think that the score isnt really accurate sometimes in determining whos playing well.

Agreed~ it's best to port if your really low, I tend to run into their jungle (if my hp is sufficient to take part in a 2nd battle) and just get vision in their jungle to track every movement they make near the windmill point~ This role is called a "floater" =); of course there are risks lol, dont get CAUGHT !! Not many people do it because "Dominion takes no skill" to win apparently

xPainx 12-27-2012 03:54 AM

Was just having a discussion with a friend on vent about Counterstrike Deathmatches where players just kill eachother for highest K/D. But Dominion IS NOT a deathmatch. There are objectives. I'm a veteran WoW player and Dominion is similar to Arathi Basin. Its like having a guy fighting someone far way off the node while his teammates need help defending. Its virtually the same thing. Getting those kills are nice but if you don't defend or take nodes when needed you will lose the battle. They fail to realize that you will STILL get kills by helping your team AND your chances of winning are higher. But newbz will stay small..lol.

Panzerzs 12-27-2012 04:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dxG Skumbagz (Hozzászólás 32879963)
Dominion IS NOT a deathmatch. There are objectives. I'm a veteran WoW player and Dominion is similar to Arathi Basin. Its like having a guy fighting someone far way off the node while his teammates need help defending. Its virtually the same thing. Getting those kills are nice but if you don't defend or take nodes when needed you will lose the battle. They fail to realize that you will STILL get kills by helping your team AND your chances of winning are higher. But newbz will stay small..lol.

Yep haha, Gotta make more good guides like Sauron & Nekogren but instead,talk about gameplay and advanced tactics cause they got down the straight counters, champions, optimal items, basic gameplay styles and tricks xD

Goldoche1337 12-27-2012 08:55 AM

Very interesting discussion. I wish my english was better so i could word what I think and be active in the discussion. Anyway, I really enjoyed reading this thread.

xPainx 12-27-2012 03:16 PM

*bump*

Fabs457 12-27-2012 03:22 PM

Nice thread. I absolutely detest the scoring system of Dominion and how kills/deaths gets emphasized over caps/neutralizes/point defense. I have no issues at all being dead last or having a negative kill ratio in order for my team to win or pull off an initiate so the squishes can land all their stuff safely. I too was really into WoW BGs. WSG/AB/EOTS were excellent times back in the day.

Samcro AUS 12-27-2012 07:05 PM

Kills only help you until one team is under 100 points? thats right yeah? well by that thinking kills count for nothing at all really because u cant win the game by getting points for kills u might get the enemy to under 100 first but if they have the caps whats the point? score for kills/assist should be at least halved if not more. I think that will make people think a lot more about capping. tho maybe to much? people fighting over capping mid at start game might be a problem i guess and 4 people trying to cap your mid if it goes neutral. something needs to be done tho i think. ive always played with caps at the front of my mind. and with no wards why chase? anyway good thread enjoyed reading it