League of Legends Community

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   Dominion (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=43)
-   -   Riot plz read :) (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=2945834)

KoD MAD PunZ 12-27-2012 01:16 AM

Riot plz read :)

Greeting Riot Games & Dear Staff,

2guys1blunt, aka passingonleft, (you did that) aka BoB5 Ever Blazin here. First off, I would just like to say on behalf of all my friends & the Leauge of Lengends community we'd like to personally thank you for making such a great game & great game mode: Dominion. I hope you guy's aren't workin' too hard down there lol & we hope you guys have great Holidays too. So, to get to the point.

I just wanted to clarify why you have a "BETA" stamp on your Twisted Treeline map? & claiming you're still running it as a "BETA form of 3v3" Please correct me, but if I'm not wrong there's a Video of phreak on www.youtube.com being interviewed about "Ranked Dominion" claiming there won't be a ranked Dom. anytime soon because it has "creation flaws" but yet there isn't a BETA stamp on Dominion it nor is there any legit ranked Dominion. Would you guy mind clearing that up for me please? Also why JabeBot's "special elo powers are mia".

While you take care of that, I'm going to proceed making my Ranked Dominion Team and Play for your RP cards to satisfy my clans hunger for noobs. Cause face it People do hold Dom Tournys and people do sign up.

p.s. Make a special something for your customers that can't resist to buy your skins :), special rewards maybe like pictures or something, like the refferal system. I got 38 and still going. ;)

Sincerely,
~BoB5 & the community.

Merry Christmas & Happy New Years

* If you'd like to help, here's how, post this to the rest of your team/opponents after & before each Dominion game http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/....php?t=2945834

Ŕvenue 12-27-2012 01:38 AM

I never thought of rank in Dominion, but this idea indeed so very interesting.

KoD MAD PunZ 12-27-2012 01:42 AM

Yea man it would be nice. I personally have well over 1k Dominion wins and it's frustrating for me to put up with people that say "who care's its just Dominion" OR think Dominion has no "meta" cause positioning and organization is key for it. Draft Dom would get put into use too instead of having a tab that just collects pixel dust...More people would use that tab if people knew how serious dat tab is...

naotasan 12-27-2012 01:49 AM

Riot has used many excuses for ranked, most of which we have disproven.

Myth #1: It's going to take a lot of work to get Ranked Dominion in terms of backgroiund work.
False. We have reports that only a flip needs to be switched.

Myth #2: It's too unbalanced for ranked.
False. There are a few OP champs, but the banning process in ranked would take care of it

Myth #3: There's not enough players to support ranked mode.
Half true half false. It's true that at this moment there probably aren't enough players for ranked dominion play. But then on the flip side the amount of times I've seen "I would play Dominion if it had ranked" is astronomical.

Here are some other things that could prove a good read. Also bumping this thread I'm going to link to is not a bad idea.

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/....php?t=2931115

KoD MAD PunZ 12-27-2012 01:51 AM

thank you, ill get back to you after game, too busy loving Dominion...

VolkenHammer 12-27-2012 01:57 AM

I myself have never seen a problem with ranked dominion, though to be honest I thought there already was such a thing, which shows just how much i play dominion lol.

WesIey 12-27-2012 02:17 AM

upvoted and bumped<

KoD MAD PunZ 12-27-2012 02:22 AM

@naotasan dunno what you mean about myth 1, elaborate on backround work, myth2, it's apperently unblanced due to the maps creation as said by phreak apparently, i dont think champs is really the problem but I will agree that there are cerrrrtain champs used for Dom. myth3 im glad you would like ranked dom and I agree that half want it and half dont but i think that's because SR players cant "find the meta" for dom because they just simply don't have enough experience playing it to realize positioning, certain ganks n quests are important.

naotasan 12-27-2012 02:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BoB5 Ever Blazin (Hozzászólás 32879138)
@naotasan dunno what you mean about myth 1, elaborate on backround work, myth2, it's apperently unblanced due to the maps creation as said by phreak apparently, i dont think champs is really the problem but I will agree that there are cerrrrtain champs used for Dom. myth3 im glad you would like ranked dom and I agree that half want it and half dont but i think that's because SR players cant "find the meta" for dom because they just simply don't have enough experience playing it to realize positioning, certain ganks n quests are important.

My replies to your questions:

Myth1: Adding a ranked mode isn't as simple as flipping a switch. Work must be done to install the switch. You need to make sure that there is enough amps on the line so the circuits won't blow, make sure there are no exposed wires, double check everything, and then put on the face plate for the switch. We're saying the switch is installed, and we're waiting for someone to flip it (this is an analogy, exact infrastructure workings is currently unknown.)

Myth2: Not to sound like an mean guy but Phreak doesn't know jack sh*t about Dominion. What he says about Dominion must be taken with a grain of salt. Sure, he knows game mechanics, but his mechanics are built around SR - not Dominion.

Myth3: No tutorial level exists for TT or Dominion, thus the player-base is lower because they don't know how to play. They play a game at low elo (dealing with low elo gimmicks is a b*tch) and either win by a land slide and claim the mode is too easy or lose by a land slide and claim the mode is unbalanced and unfun.
The community can make videos on youtube or something explaining it but without Riots support these videos get little to no videos.

I spend a lot of time thinking about this stuff. I do a lot of walking/biking/bart-ing so I have time to think about things like this.
If you need me to explain further just ask.

KoD MAD PunZ 12-27-2012 03:01 AM

talk to you after game again, but as far as showing people how to do, i'd be more than happy to put clips together or show tips or stream with my clan & I :) i'l get back to you again.