League of Legends Community

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   Dominion (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=43)
-   -   Kassadin should be disabled (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=2944761)

Tempestphile 12-26-2012 06:50 PM

Kassadin should be disabled

Nome is ignoring us on this matter, but this is getting way out of hand

So if anyone sees him, spam him until he say something other then he can't do much about it

It's ok if he is not nerfed, just disable him or give us ranked so we have a mode where we can ban him

DG TheFeedski 12-26-2012 07:02 PM

Holy ****, guys.

I know Kassadin is OP, but you can't blame Nome. He is a game designer but they aren't going to nerf/buff around Dominion. They balance for SR, since it's the map that has 30M+ players for it and makes them their money (which is needed to function as a business). If they disabled him, it would make the high elo Dominion players happy, but that's hardly a large majority of the player base (many more problems would arise if they banned him from a map, for them). I'm sorry, but they are a business, and they function as one. I know he is OP on Dominion, but you have to realize he won't get nerfed JUST for Dominion... Granted, I don't work for Riot, or have any inside secrets, this is strictly my thoughts.

I'd just like to add, I hate Kassadin as much as you all do... But you have to think from their stand point.

EDIT: I'd also like to add again, my solution to "helping" fix Kassadin on Dominion. Fix the blink problem. If he doesn't have the range to get over a wall, don't let him just because his range is a bit over half way. This wouldn't nerf him on SR, but I think would help with Dominion. I've seen so many Kassadins pop in and out with no problem because he can Rift Walk over anything without a problem. If the blink problem was fixed, that would at least require Kassadin to get close to a wall before he hops over it. Giving it a BIT of a challenge for the Kassadin player. Will it fix him completely? No. But it would help a bit.

inuyashian01 12-26-2012 07:23 PM

Post ideas of countering him instead of complaining. There has to be factors everyone can learn from. Personally I really don't see him much or I would give pointers of my own.

blackDAILO 12-26-2012 07:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by inuyashian01 (Hozzászólás 32868714)
Post ideas of countering him instead of complaining. There has to be factors everyone can learn from. Personally I really don't see him much or I would give pointers of my own.

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/...8#post32787068

A Slime Appears 12-26-2012 09:45 PM

1 Attachment(s)

RamboJeezus 12-26-2012 11:14 PM

Just pick gangplank.

Axle the Beast 12-27-2012 02:11 AM

As I said in a similar thread in the Twisted Treeline section, I'm not sure why blinking over walls is such a big deal on The Crystal Scar if it isn't on Summoner's Rift.

RadiantPyrophore 01-01-2013 06:21 AM

I think it's more the skirmish-y nature of dominion and Kassadin's capability to rapidly enter/exit said situations pretty much instantly from over walls anywhere on the map.

It's basically the same as having a target you can't lay a finger on until Soviet Russia wants to lay a finger on YOU.

Stark Midnight 01-01-2013 06:32 AM

Either way its Riots responsibility to fix him, despite the fact that he's weak in SR. The notion that he can't be balanced for both is absurd. They need to rearrange his strengths and fix his blink. I don't care if the dom playerbase is .005% of the population. We pay for this game like any other and therefore deserve a balanced experience without gamebreaking champions like Kass.

And yes i said GAMEBREAKING, not OP. Playing against a Kass is like playing a match 4v5, there is nothing fair about it. He has omnipresent map powers, insane burst, and godlike escape abilities, and just picking a Kass on your team literally hard-counters literally around ~35% of champions.

It makes me laugh when Riot wonders why the Dom playerbase isn't growing. I would have thought it was obvious by now. Sure good job fixing some issues like viability of AP carries, aura, ect. But Dom has been ignored for so long that there are still a ton. Like the fact that there is:

1. No tutorial for this mode, so new players have no idea what they are doing and rage quit it never to return. Go play a smurf account to check this out.
2. STILL NO RANKED. So other players never take it for a serious option "just dom after all".
3. Not tweaking the system for Dom (As in allowing a higher # of bans since balance isn't fine tune, and actually giving tips THAT ARE RELEVANT TO THE MAP)

DiscworldDeath 01-01-2013 07:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stark Midnight (Hozzászólás 33044443)
Either way its Riots responsibility to fix him, despite the fact that he's weak in SR. The notion that he can't be balanced for both is absurd. They need to rearrange his strengths and fix his blink. I don't care if the dom playerbase is .005% of the population. We pay for this game like any other and therefore deserve a balanced experience without gamebreaking champions like Kass.

1. It's a free game, you're paying just like anyone else - not at all unless you choose you want to.

2. They know it's their responsibility, it doesn't mean it's necessarily worth it. Welcome to the real world, due to the simple thing called "resources", chief amonst them time, accepting is something worth doing does not mean it will get done, as you must also ask if it's worth doing more than others you can do, and whether the downsides outweight the upsides.

In other words, grow up, accept reality, and you will be happier for it. So long you wait for nothing but Kass to be fixed, you aren't in control of your own content. Be content to play, and when/if Kass gets fixed, treat it as a bonus.

Also, to the people in this thread, they did do some things to weaker Kass on Dominion witohut weakening and even strengthening him on SR, it wasn't enough - but stop it with the strawman of "Riot doesn't care", you're coming off as a bunch of spoiled ingrates. At least recognize reality and what had been done.

I know self-victimization and martyrdom has a certain tragic allure, but it is highly unbecoming.

I mean, you basically mention what Riot had done, but then say it's meaningless because there are still things to be fixed - there will always be things to be fixed.