League of Legends Community

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   Summoner's Rift (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=48)
-   -   Supports role info (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=2943256)

Causing Panic 12-26-2012 09:35 AM

Supports role info

*I dont main support but this is my feelings on the role*

Most people underestimate there importance, just like i use too.

Most people think you play support if youre not good enough to play other roles and want to be carried up in elo, which i think is completely wrong. A good support can "carry" a team just as well as any other role on the team.

Think about it, how many games have you seen where an adc is wrecking mayhem on your team that has a BAD support all game? most of the time not very often, 90% of the time the support makes the ADC shine brighter..

A few problems i think people make when they play support is they let their adc make the first move or make all the calls. Imo the support should be making the moves and the adc following up. this require good communication. for example if i see the enemy has a sona(being so squishy) i right away tell my adc, at level 2 focus sona for the kill.(also depending on what support i play but since i play taric alot, level 2 is the ideal level) which when i communicate like this i usually have success in winning bot lane with my adc more times then not.

People also say playing support is boring, and these are usually the players that dont understand or fulfill the entire role since when i play support im usually busy the whole game and dont have time to just "zone out" . Now just speaking from my person opinion as playing as the support you should be keeping ward timers of enemy teams, pay attention to where they place wards and alert your jungler when they are placed. you should be watching the mini map to be ready to alert your adc if a gank is coming in since some people get caught up in last hitting they get tunnel vision. you should also try and coordinate a dragon capture after a you get a kill on bottom. in other words, be the leader support your team make a difference!

dmgovertime 12-26-2012 09:50 AM

I main supports and I pretty much agree with what you are saying. You dont go soraka 2/1/28 and Janna 0/0/30 and be useless...

Causing Panic 12-26-2012 10:02 AM

Quote:

I main supports and I pretty much agree with what you are saying. You dont go soraka 2/1/28 and Janna 0/0/30 and be useless...
exactly! every player from the team contributes. this is why i hate when i hear people saying how supports are useless since they cant carry, ect

LogicalTautology 12-26-2012 11:01 AM

"The Support's job is to carry the ADC through the laning phase. The ADC's job is to carry the team through the teamfight phase."

dmgovertime 12-26-2012 11:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LogicalTautology (Hozzászólás 32853395)
"The Support's job is to carry the ADC through the laning phase. The ADC's job is to carry the team through the teamfight phase."

Yes and NO... it doesnt just stop there. After keeping you alive the and getting you farmed/fed through the laning phase, i need to continue to buy wards to keep vision on the map, buy the correct aura/activate items to help the TEAM, not just the adc, win fights. I take it as my job to interrupt channeling ults that will kill my other teammates. Theres so much more to being a support than just getting u fed through the laning phase.
You'd be pissed off if i get u 6/0 thru laning phase then afk the rest of the game.

KnightxSScarlett 12-26-2012 11:47 AM

When I play Lulu, I practically carry the game. I don't build the damage, but if you DO build the damage, I can save so many lives and keep us winning fights.

Playing support is kinda like playing adc. It's all about positioning.

Causing Panic 12-26-2012 11:47 AM

Quote:

Yes and NO... it doesnt just stop there. After keeping you alive the and getting you farmed/fed through the laning phase, i need to continue to buy wards to keep vision on the map, buy the correct aura/activate items to help the TEAM, not just the adc, win fights. I take it as my job to interrupt channeling ults that will kill my other teammates. Theres so much more to being a support than just getting u fed through the laning phase.
You'd be pissed off if i get u 6/0 thru laning phase then afk the rest of the game.
100% true, i couldnt have said it better myself

ragnaraq 12-26-2012 11:51 AM

I love playing support. They don't get the credit they deserve. Whenever I'm the only reason my ADC is doing well, they always say GJ ADC, and then later on he says he carried and did all the work. And you're just sitting there like -.-

dmgovertime 12-26-2012 11:55 AM

Causing Panic, im adding you to friends later lol

Causing Panic 12-26-2012 11:56 AM

Quote:

I love playing support. They don't get the credit they deserve. Whenever I'm the only reason my ADC is doing well, they always say GJ ADC, and then later on he says he carried and did all the work. And you're just sitting there like -.-
this is partly why i made this thread to show some love to the support players like you :) ive had many games when thats happened to me and i gotta say the most rewarding games are the ones when you are so much of a factor as a support they actually compliment you :D

Quote:

Causing Panic, im adding you to friends later lol
do it up :D im always looking for duo ques :)