League of Legends Community

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   Tribunal Ban Inquiries (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   Tribunal punishments are NOT sufficient. (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=2943133)

Zykritch 12-26-2012 09:36 AM

Tribunal punishments are NOT sufficient.

I have not been playing League very long.. only since about this last August or early June.. But it is already beyond apparent to me that the punishments being given out for the thing they call "trolling" are ANYTHING but efficient. What I see on a daily basis:

-People afk'ing in games deliberately
-People feeding in games deliberately
-People saying absolutely sickeningly rude things to other people both on their own team and the enemy team for NO reason whatsoever.. It's not arguing, it's just flat out hardcore trolling.. insulting and spamming of profanity spontaneously. (Yet they have honorable opponent, go figure).
-People who find someone they've had a confrontation with in chat and as a result, troll them for the duration of the game by following them around the map "last hitting" their cs (jungle cs included, which is NOT easy farming for low level AP champions at all.. so it is extremely frustrating) .. another example is harassing them with Anivia's wall (their own teammates) to block them from farming or running.. and even to harass them at the base spawn.
-People making 2nd accounts and playing in low level queues.. 1-10 especially and just, hardcore trolling.. Harassing, cussing them out.. mistreating all these new players and giving them an absolutely -horrible- outlook on the league community.. And you know what? You threaten to report them.. and what they say in return is a consistent slap in the face. "LOL YEAH, report my SMURF ACCOUNT!" Aren't we a little beyond this by now? There's a thing called IP addresses and MAC addresses, why are we not using them? Link 2nd and 3rd accounts to main accounts, and if someone is caught trolling.. BAN them. Or do -something- to them other than a little slap on the wrist warning for screwing up somebody's ranked statistics.

So, solutions? I've stated a few already.

#1. Link accounts to each other via ip addresses/mac addresses: Enough of this lack of fear of bans due to the fact that it's "my smurf account." It allows people to freely ruin the enjoyment of other players without any fear of repercussions.. -at all-.

#2. Hit trolling HARD. Trolling is the downfall of online gaming, simply put. I can promise you not a person in the world is ever going to want to play league twice when they have to put up with the above occurrences EVERY other game. (And I mean new players) ... Is this honestly the impression you want to make on new members? That league is nothing but a game full of jerks and trolls?

I don't care what is done about it.. but -something- massive must be done. Make a troll sever. If someone is caught deliberately "trolling" .. put them on the "troll" server full of all the other poor sport players for a week or two that intentionally ruin others' enjoyment for sake of their own. Let them see what it's like to deal with teammates like themselves. Perma ban them? There shouldn't be little slap on the wrist warnings for trolling.. 9 other people suffer for an entire hour because one person just can't grow up.

#3. Honorable Opponent crests have to be completely restructured: I'm sorry but I see absolutely NO value or sincerity in that "crest" when every trolling jerk in the game has it. It's simply a measure of how long you've played and nothing more at this point. Inevitably EVERYONE will get it.. That in itself is dishonest and it portrays people who are anything -but- good sports as otherwise. My mouth has dropped at how -un-honorable some of these players have been.. Rubbing in wins with profanity and comparing it to sexual violation.. by saying that they've been "f'd" or "raped" every single time they kill them.. The constant verbal harassment of the enemy team.. yet, they have that little red badge at the load screen? Really?

Honorable opponent per game average would be a MUCH more accurate measure of how "honorable" a player really is.

#4. Trolling in Ranked: Why in the world do people have to get stuck in the 800-900 elo because they had 5 troll games in a row during placement matches? .. You could have a 13.4 kill average and you can do -everything- you possibly can to win that game, ward.. give advice, gank and support your other lanes.. if you're fed.. give your teammates kills to help them attain gold as well, farm every dragon and every baron possible, completely lane your opponent and force them to be underfed the entire early-mid game.. Follow up on enemy ganks, defend your carries.. target enemy carries.. -everything- .. And still lose because one person decided he was going to troll the game. If someone is caught deliberately trolling, let -them- lose the elo.. don't let their teammates suffer as a result of it. Good players are getting stuck in elos they don't belong in. It's quite obvious when they get queued with 1400-1500 elo players in soloqueue normals on a consistent basis, yet they get queued with 800-900 elo players in ranked. Personal performance is near to irrelevant when 2-3 of your teammates afk each game.. or go 1 and 15 thirty minutes into the game.

Honestly, enough of letting 4 people suffer the price and the punishment that only one deserves.. if it is found to be legitimate trolling, don't let the game count against them.

Can I find any agreement here?

GON the Mage Guy 12-26-2012 09:44 AM

#1: I agree with.

#2: That's not a suggestion, that's a "Do something, roit pls" and they are.

#3: This is stage one of the Honor system. They're collecting data and are going to be doing more. What will they do? They haven't said yet, so be patient. I'd rather them come to a smart decision than jump to conclusions.

#4: How? You have to define trolling in the game, then you have trolling through punishing trolls. There will ALWAYS be trolls. If you're playing 5 ranked games in a row, then try taking a break after 1-2 of them so you get in a different queue at a different time. The time you play does affect what type of people you get.

People can decide to be a jerk at any point for a few games. Knee jerk bans aren't going to fix that, nor are they implementable in any way.

Zykritch 12-26-2012 10:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GON the Mage Guy (Hozzászólás 32850202)
#1: I agree with.

#2: That's not a suggestion, that's a "Do something, roit pls" and they are.

#3: This is stage one of the Honor system. They're collecting data and are going to be doing more. What will they do? They haven't said yet, so be patient. I'd rather them come to a smart decision than jump to conclusions.

#4: How? You have to define trolling in the game, then you have trolling through punishing trolls. There will ALWAYS be trolls. If you're playing 5 ranked games in a row, then try taking a break after 1-2 of them so you get in a different queue at a different time. The time you play does affect what type of people you get.

People can decide to be a jerk at any point for a few games. Knee jerk bans aren't going to fix that, nor are they implementable in any way.

#2 was meant to be a proposed solution, not a suggestion. Though not one I actually expected anyone to agree with.. Either way it is a concept I presented in hopes those more experienced in dealing with such situations could perhaps build upon.

Your response to #3 is logical and I agree with it.. In either way it is quite annoying to see some of the lowest of the low in players with that little red badge at the load screen. It is quite misleading.. But we all have to live with disappointments *shrugs* .. at least for a while.

#4? I quite defined their methods of trolling at the top of the original post.. I at no point in any time implied that the time I played influenced the type of teammates I was matched with.. A little confused as to the purpose of your statement here. There will always be trolls, yes.. But if you play in the low level queues.. I cannot compare the player-base there to anything short of that of the PBE.. And there's quite a reputation for poor sportsmanship there. Other than that, I find it a little obvious that someone is trolling when by the end game they have a 1 to 5 kill death ratio and six phantom dancers.. or sight wards, take your pick. Of course with any measure of implementation in solutions that run along the lines of giving a 2nd analysis to tribunal cases you'll have to consider people who exploit the new method.. Such as intentionally buying 6 dancers end-game to get your friends out of a ranked loss and pretend you were trolling.. There's timestamps for that. See if they trolled the duration of the game or if it was something that wasn't really progressive.. just a last minute gear change.. (which would show most of the time an attempt in exploitation of that new rule).

1punchnhewentdwn 12-26-2012 12:16 PM

how about you just play with friends and avoid all of your issues? sorry, but this is a game where you are forced to support every other player on your team and his/her play style. good luck. oh, and if you question the above statement, you will be reported. good luck in game 2013.

Calys Teneb 12-26-2012 12:20 PM

You haven't played long enough to really give a good comparison. Literally, you've only played through two ban cycles. At most three.

Fudouri 12-26-2012 01:54 PM

low levels (pre 30) can be hard and a little painful. I suspect Riot will look into it at some point, though I don' tknow if your proposed solutions are the right ones.

Zykritch 12-26-2012 02:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Calys Teneb (Hozzászólás 32853899)
You haven't played long enough to really give a good comparison. Literally, you've only played through two ban cycles. At most three.

That is highly an opinionated statement.. and very much so depends on the circumstances.. frequency of playing being one of them. It doesn't take 2 years to see the trends. Oh and also.. honestly.. I sincerely challenge you to go make a new account and play up till level 10.. and tell me if you don't see a problem with trolls and the overall playerbase.. It is in no way different than a large amount of the PBE community, namely the trolling-part of it. If anything it sends people away.. and it is -not- going to help bring in new players, I can promise you that. If you think otherwise, I apologize. I can provide screenshots if needed to give examples of what you'll see now if you do.

Zykritch 12-26-2012 02:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fudouri (Hozzászólás 32856401)
low levels (pre 30) can be hard and a little painful. I suspect Riot will look into it at some point, though I don' tknow if your proposed solutions are the right ones.

Believe me, I don't at all think they are perfect.. They are merely ideas.. with the exception of the one about linking accounts via ip/mac addresses. I'm just hoping those more experienced in handling such issues can take them into account and possibly build upon them.

Lord Saur0n 12-26-2012 02:09 PM

What about players who reformed their attitude and decided they would take a new start and be nice summoners on their new accounts?

Also players who've played more games actually require MORE honor hence time to gain that ribbon.

Calys Teneb 12-26-2012 02:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zykritch (Hozzászólás 32856700)
That is highly an opinionated statement.. and very much so depends on the circumstances.. frequency of playing being one of them. It doesn't take 2 years to see the trends. Oh and also.. honestly.. I sincerely challenge you to go make a new account and play up till level 10.. and tell me if you don't see a problem with trolls and the overall playerbase.. It is in no way different than a large amount of the PBE community, namely the trolling-part of it. If anything it sends people away.. and it is -not- going to help bring in new players, I can promise you that. If you think otherwise, I apologize. I can provide screenshots if needed to give examples of what you'll see now if you do.

It's not opinionated. It's simply you've sat through two ban cycles because they happen about once every two months. That's the general schedule. You'll get some here and there but the really big ones (around twenty or thirty thousand, whatever .7% happens to be now) where Riot clears out manual audits happens about that frequently.

Either way, you can't IP ban people without them getting around it in thirty seconds, or banning people who happen to share the same house as them who did nothing, so there's never going to be the solution you want. Even MAC addresses can be changed. It's a little harder but it's still doable.