League of Legends Community

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   Guides & Strategy (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Solo lane (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=29401)

Benoit 11-27-2009 10:49 AM

Solo lane

Do you prefer to let the solo lane to a carry (Ashe, etc) or a early mid-game ganker (Annie, etc) or Heimerdinger, etc...

What are the best champions to get the solo lane?

1. TF
2. Annie
3. Teemo
4. Ashe
5. ...

?

keftes 11-27-2009 11:29 AM

Quick answer : whoever feels more able to solo it.

In general ranged have an easier way soloing mid (at least the first levels).I'd say ashe/teemo are best for it and perhaps gankplank.Solid options are blitz and cho.A melee carry can try soloing but it will take some skill if you're facing a good ranged opponent.

P.S I never play with heimer in my team but if you are he is also good for solo since he is useless for pretty much everything else regarding team play :)

Sardek 11-27-2009 01:40 PM

It really depends on who is in the mid lane. You need a balanced or favorable matchup in the mid lane or else you fall a dangerous amount behind. Ashe is a good general purpose mid lane when you have no better option, but she DOES have bad matchups. A well played Yi will dominate her with alpha strikes bouncing to her and meditate to keep at full himself. It only gets worse for her as the match wears on. I imagine there are other characters that would be bad for her as well. Morgana seems like she would be a nightmare to Ashe. Yi has major issues in the mid lane dealing with Annie or Morgana, but does well against pretty much anybody else.

In short, it really depends entirely upon who else is in the lane. If you can't handle the matchup, you need to trade with somebody immediately. A lost mid lane against almost any character means they're going to range around killing everybody in the mid-game. That's a quick way to lose, obviously.

condon 11-27-2009 01:46 PM

The MFing Cho'Gath.

Favorite solo by far.

Never has to leave
Farms gold like a MFer
Access to early feast ganks/tower dives, since hes larger, faster
And this is key: Most able to prevent the enemy solo from farming gold.

AP Cho'Gath, not so much.

Mpalm 11-27-2009 01:53 PM

I think annie, ashe, corki, gangplank, anivia... essentially you want either a dps carry or a quality ganker/nuker to be a higher level.

11-27-2009 02:05 PM

Teemo is probably the easiest/strongest solo mid char I have played/played against as he has a very solid attack animation and a huge range nuke which stops attack farming (timed well) and is hard to gank because of shrooms/fast move speed. Veigar is great as he needs all the creep kills but can get farmed if things go badly mid. Ashe is solid but I prefer to have her solo elsewhere and have two decent chars mid so one of them can gank freely into other lanes (wait 'til Ashe is 6 then gank her lane solo vs 2...can go well).

Sivir is great as you can't push her and she can take the tower down quickly. Karthus and Twisted Fate are good if the players are good (rubbish otherwise); TF can repeatedly B/Gate to push the advantage and Karthus' ulti early can secure lane superiority in top and bottom. Annie is alright but she is so good in a dual lane if played correctly that I can't advocate going solo; Veigar needs the farm constantly but Annie can get kills unexpectedly with a decent exhaust or ignite.

Melee: Nasus and Cho will do well mid if they're half decent. Yi really depends on the matchup and how good they are. Most chars with stuns are better in lane. Singed can do really well as he is a great cleanup/gank char so the levels can pwn 7-11 or so with ganks. I wouldn't recommend other tanks or support.

Chillspawn 11-27-2009 02:17 PM

Janna.

keftes 11-27-2009 02:20 PM

Erm the best middle soloer is Sivir by far.Noone can counter a solo sivir.The only thing you can do is call for a gank or get her with blitz.She is probably the best pusher in the game and once she gets a chalice and a vamp she dominates middle.

11-27-2009 02:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keftes (Hozzászólás 324183)
Erm the best middle soloer is Sivir by far.Noone can counter a solo sivir.The only thing you can do is call for a gank or get her with blitz.She is probably the best pusher in the game and once she gets a chalice and a vamp she dominates middle.

Fair point, and she is a fantastic pusher, but unlike other frequent mid chars she lends very little to a gank and often the opposing enemy can farm well from 1-7 or so before the tower is threatened so if a 5v5 situation is pushed you can end up on the bad side of it (Sivir almost certainly won't die but you can lose a lot of XP/gold/a tower to it).

Just as an aside, whilst Inventor is good mid if not disturbed he is generally so rubbish and easily countered that I wouldn't pick him over pretty much anyone.

xx

Raikao 11-29-2009 12:36 PM

The MFing Cho'gath by FAR. Not only can you farm well (which many Heroes can do) but you will also deny your lane-opponent most last hits, crippling him for the whole game. Seriously i sometimes can not believe how well it works, even against 2 champs.