League of Legends Community

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   Lore Discussion (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   I cracked Swain's case (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=2937474)

All Hail Swain 12-24-2012 08:49 AM

I cracked Swain's case

Quote:

“We've heard of the Raedsel, even seen them in action against the Demacian Vanguard but a lot about them remains unknown. Why do they have four glowing eyes? Are they no longer human? Is it an enchantment for intimidation purposes? Is it possible their attire is directly influenced by General Swain or is it simply Noxian custom? Perhaps either the journal or a League champion could give more information.” – Summoner Nwol
The Raedsel Guard is, as far as history knows, the longest-standing military unit in Noxus. During the early years of Boram Darkwill’s reign, he had beneath him a ruthless subordinate—a General called Zariv Raedsel. The man was fearsomely violent and unforgiving. Noxian soldiers chosen to serve in his unit were first subjected to personal combat with Raedsel, and it is said that he executed any man who could not at least draw blood against him. Despite this, those who survived became fervently devoted to the man. On the battlefield, Raedsel did indeed wear an enchanted four-eyed helm, which gave him an inhuman appearance and earned him the title “the Noxian Horror.”

While he was certainly one of the most revered Generals in Noxus, Zariv Raedsel desired more power than he was capable of claiming. In the tradition of Noxus, he challenged Boram Darkwill for the seat of the Grand General. Darkwill prevailed, however, and executed Raedsel, claiming the General’s unit as his own. Noxus celebrates those that seek to claim power: in honor of the man who embodied the ideals of Noxus to his very core, the Raedsel Guard, to this day, wear armor in his likeness.
Quote:

Swain pressed a thorned onyx ring into her hand. "It is true. I have made sacrifices. But I made them for us. The Black Rose is yours, Matron, but I have become something greater." As if in agreement, the raven on his shoulder cawed. "The time has come. Join me in fellowship, and we can restore what was taken from us by Boram Darkwill."

She gazed at the ring, "You have forsaken your identity to gain Darkwill's trust. The rest will not be so eager."
Quote:

''Taken from us by Boram Darkwill."
Quote:

"You have forsaken your identity to gain Darkwill's trust.''
Quote:

''While he was certainly one of the most revered Generals in Noxus, Zariv Raedsel desired more power than he was capable of claiming. In the tradition of Noxus, he challenged Boram Darkwill for the seat of the Grand General. Darkwill prevailed, however, and executed Raedsel, claiming the General’s unit as his own.''
Swain was once Zariv Raedsel, but when he ''died'' he wowed to get revenge and take what he deserves. So he joined the Black Rose, and used demonic powers to somehow become immortal via the raven, and then he somehow possessed someone else's body, changed his name and tried to gain Darkwill's loyalty, which he managed to do.
He advanced through ranks quickly, using the Black Rose obviously. He never followed any of Darkwill's bigger plans (Ionia). But he couldn't kill him the old fashion way, as Darkwill was stronger than him, so he decided to kill him using ''alternate'' ways.

I mean, the red eyes alone are a giveaway. Readsel had red eyes. The Readsel unit has red eyes. Swain has red eyes. Darkwill was a big dummy.

Anyways, where's my cookie now? I know I'm not the first to find this, but...I. WANT. THAT. COOKIE!
__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ _______________________________

Edit: More on the way. Re-read Jarvan's judgement and the only result that Swain's attack had on the prince had was that Jarvan got to skip his judgement.
What if there was something in Jarvan's head that Swain doesn't want anyone to know?
Jarvan was captured and dragged to Noxus for execution. Something could have happened in the meantime. He was changed after the event.
And then the attack on Swain, where everyone can see her image on his breastplate. But if it were LB who was masked as Jarvan the prince would have spoken up, saying that it wasn't him, which can mean only one thing:
During his stay in Noxus Jarvan was infected, becoming a sleeper agent for the black rose. Swain probably wanted to use Jarvan to kill his father by giving Jarvan a weird thirst for blood. But Jarvan sated it by going on expeditions. Could he really be a sleeper agent for the Black Rose, unknown to him of course?
__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ _______________________________

Edit2: What did the attack of Noxus on Ionia end with? Ionia joining the League. The attack was the worst decision Noxus had ever made, and such a bad decision can't be made unintentionally. What if Boram was bribed by the Legaue to attack Ionia, forcing them to join the League? Which means that the Black Rose might have used Jarvan (Talon and Kat too) to invastigate the League.
Furthermore, what if the League killed the old Frejyord princess, who was not so willing to join with Ashe, so that Lissandra could become the new leader of that tribe, and eventually join forces with Ashe.
What did that result in? Frejyord joining the League.
And what did the League accomplish? Having all the city states of Valoran under it's control.

This just went from bad to completely ****ed up.

Birdy51 12-24-2012 10:26 AM

Not bad, this is actually fairly plausible. It would explain his strange injuries.

However, I fear that you may have forgotten one vital clue. Swain was a relatively young man at the beginning of his bio. This theory condradicts that fact. If he was Raedsel, then he would have been much older at the time that he needed his legs repaired.

That said, I think that he could very easily be the son of Raedsel. He certainly has the blood of legends, and the eyes are a good piece of evidence.

All Hail Swain 12-24-2012 10:31 AM

I did say that he probably somehow possessed someone else's body to completely change his identity in order to gain Darkwill's trust and kill him.
"You have forsaken your identity to gain Darkwill's trust.'' - Said by LeBlanc

Birdy51 12-24-2012 06:13 PM

True, but he could have also gave up his identity as the rightful son to Raedsel's dynasty. He could have had things "easy" working off his father's fame, but he instead took his own path.

That said, body possession also doesn't sound like the answer to me. However to add a bit to your arguement, you forget that he could become "young" again. Leblanc is a infamous for possibly being a bit older than you might think she is. A simple illusion by her could have made him seem young once more.

Geokhan 12-24-2012 09:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Birdy51 (Hozzászólás 32804931)
True, but he could have also gave up his identity as the rightful son to Raedsel's dynasty. He could have had things "easy" working off his father's fame, but he instead took his own path.

That said, body possession also doesn't sound like the answer to me. However to add a bit to your arguement, you forget that he could become "young" again. Leblanc is a infamous for possibly being a bit older than you might think she is. A simple illusion by her could have made him seem young once more.

That or LeBlanc is a title. Illusions don't just affect age. They can affect appearances. Hell, Leblanc could be Shaco for all we know. Illusions are kinda cheap like that.

Poppie 12-25-2012 08:03 AM

good... good...

All Hail Swain 12-26-2012 01:15 PM

I have been re-enlightened with more cookies.