League of Legends Community

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   The Howling Abyss (ARAM) (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=58)
-   -   All "Random," But there has to be a Yi. (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=2933342)

Karmaic Avidity 12-22-2012 08:20 PM

All "Random," But there has to be a Yi.

So, am I the only one experiencing either a Master Yi, a Nidalee, or a Blitzcrank in every game ARAM game? It would be completely alright if those champs were balanced for something like this.

I'm starting to dislike this game mode because of it. These champions need something done to them, rebalancing for this or something.

Or...

How about a ban list? If we simply ban these over powered champions from this mode, I feel that would be just fine too.

OR...

How about Riot fix their ARAM algorithm. And by that I mean this; The method they use to determine which champion is randomly selected from the respected summoner's pool. I queued up in an ARAM and we had someone dodge 4 times. Twice in a row I got Zilean, and twice in a row someone else got Ziggs. This is a little ridiculous.

OOOOOOOR....

Penalties for dodgers. Have you ever been in a queue and people dodge 10 times? I have. The game finally instantly started during the 11th queue.

There's a lot that could be done to this mode...hm..

What're your thoughts?

Erasus 12-22-2012 08:53 PM

^penalties for dodger would make this mode so much better,

btw i never dodged a single aram and nobody should, the point of random is to use whatever u get. if u gonna dodge go play some normal and use ur fav champ

Karmaic Avidity 12-22-2012 09:06 PM

I've dodged a few because I've been so tired of seeing the same broken champion in the freaking queue. But I do agree, it's called ARAM for a reason and you shouldn't just try to get that one either broken person or your main. I main Karma and I've gotten her like..twice in ARAM. Those few times were special. But hey, I guess other people play to win.

I don't care if I win or lose, but I do feel everyone has the right to an even and FAIR game.

Tyler Perry 12-22-2012 11:33 PM

This is why I want a banning mode for custom games.
But still keep the random aspect.

Check my topic in this forum for that if you wana support it.

Falcodile 12-23-2012 02:26 AM

I only dodge if I a friend connects, else I wont, doesnt matter if I get the champ I dont know how to play, because thats the idea of Random :D

Karmaic Avidity 12-23-2012 03:54 PM

^ I agree with that, even if I don't get a champ I know how to play, (I have like 10 champs I never like playing, plus the free to play list of the week) I still play, or try to trade. That doesn't bother me. But like I said, what bothers me is seeing the same champion queue after queue. :/

Something really needs to get done but I don't know if something in this forum would even make it to Riot's eyes. :/

What else do you guys think should happen to our beloved ARAM?

Crotch Mortar 12-24-2012 08:23 PM

Don't forget Nidalee.

ToxicEdge 12-24-2012 10:42 PM

Dont for get about the unstoppable Katrina

Vinta Calvert 12-25-2012 11:41 AM

I've noticed Free Week champions appearing most often. Does that list have a higher priority or something?

Karmaic Avidity 12-25-2012 07:42 PM

Can never forget Nidalee or Katarina :/ Katarina is a bit of a different story though. A terrible Katarina can be shut down quickly. But Yi just presses R then Q and wins.

Vinta, I've noticed that too, for instance, I played an ARAM a few minutes ago and out of the 58+ champions I own, I got Viktor.

I wonder if the Free To Play list is prioritized to give players an equal chance in the ARAM.. That sounds like a probable reason for that.