League of Legends Community

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   Summoner's Rift (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=48)
-   -   Is vi overpowered, or is she balanced? (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=2933069)

LowRider237 12-22-2012 06:46 PM

Is vi overpowered, or is she balanced?

Just want some opinions on vi, and a good guide and quick tips for her. All posts appreciated :)

Cloudpost 12-22-2012 07:20 PM

I play Magic: The Gathering. One thing I've noticed in games where there is power outside of the player's control (stats and skills for example), it is hard to say if something is overpowered unless blatantly so (which would be discovered in the beta) until it has been tested thoroughly. Thing have to be put in and up against different compositions, people have to figure out the best ways to actually play with and against the thing in question. I'm not positive League is the same way, because I've only played for two months and haven't even given a look at the competitive scene, but I'm assuming some of the same truths apply.

footfoe 12-22-2012 07:27 PM

I've just been messing with her in intermidiate bot games.

She jungles exceptionally well. Her clear time is pretty good. I like to start with clothe armor and work into wriggles. Have philosopher stone and avarice blade carry you into the late game when you should work towards Atma's Impaler and Shurelya's Reverie. Then Tack on a frozen mallet or warmogs.

I wouldn't call her over powered or under powered. She's pretty much on the level of most other champions.

Hassohappa 12-22-2012 07:51 PM

I think she's UP actually, so to answer your question neither. She has a terrible win rate on lolking for what that's worth. Mostly she needs a ton of itemization. Like she needs a lot of damage items to hurt anything but is pure melee with almost no escape (her Q if she didn't use it to close and also it doesn't get interrupted while charging) that needs to build tanky to live at all. She also needs to build for some sort of crowd control; anyone can easily walk away from her and she can't do anything about it. Even with a Frozen Mallet it's hard to stick since they nerfed it (well, it was nerfed before she came out but I imagine with a 2.5 second slow she would have an easier time.

Worthless Riven 12-22-2012 07:56 PM

edit; oops wrong thread, my bad.

handsome durex 12-22-2012 08:13 PM

I think hes pretty balanced atm.

Treza 12-22-2012 10:39 PM

i think shes overpowered just because its stupid how easy she can harass with her aoe punch thing and her ult range is just completely ridiculous but at the same time she offers almost nothing to a team other than a good initiation. just overall poor design like pretty much every champion released in the past 6 months except maybe draven and zyra

FruitOfTheWest 12-23-2012 12:02 AM

If anything, I'd think she's a bit overpowerd, thank god for the black cleaver/armor pen nerfs. Although, you can't judge her based on her win/loss ratio in ranked when she just came out...

PogoPogoPogoPogo 12-23-2012 12:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HermitDruid (Hozzászólás 32744091)
I play Magic: The Gathering. One thing I've noticed in games where there is power outside of the player's control (stats and skills for example), it is hard to say if something is overpowered unless blatantly so (which would be discovered in the beta) until it has been tested thoroughly. Thing have to be put in and up against different compositions, people have to figure out the best ways to actually play with and against the thing in question. I'm not positive League is the same way, because I've only played for two months and haven't even given a look at the competitive scene, but I'm assuming some of the same truths apply.

In general, most of this still applies to LoL. New champions usually end up as a free week option about a month after they're released, and typically Riot waits till after this free week (when the champion sees a TON of play) to make any post-release tweaks (if they're even necessary).

It's also worth noting that all Riot-sponsored LoL tournaments are played on older patches. So if there were a tournament today, for example, it would be played on the Nami or Zed build (plus any tweaks that have been made to Nami/Zed that weren't in place during that build). This is to help ensure the game is as balanced as possible during the tournaments. Vi wouldn't be an option at all in a tournament held today just to make for certain she was properly balanced first.

Diabetic shell 12-23-2012 12:12 AM

She's way to overpowered. I hate her and they're making the game not fun to play introducing so many OP champs.