League of Legends Community

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   PVP.net Discussion (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   [Suggestion] Improve the quality of queueing with additional filters/options (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=2932236)

Jiz Khalifa 12-22-2012 02:31 PM

[Suggestion] Improve the quality of queueing with additional filters/options

Give us more options for queues for the sake of my sanity

I really like this game, but solo queueing is just a huge pain and I can't take it any longer.
I'm talking about normals by the way, I play this game for fun but it's barely fun anymore with all these instalockers, instacallers, flamers, ragers, blackmailers.

Being able to adjust queues through different criteria would have no downsides whatsoever for anybody since noone is forced to use them, but they bring advantages for people who are tired of certain things that are bound to happen during Champ select which are just incredibly frustrating

So here I propose the following:

Option 1: Checkbox for not allowing premades in queue

Reason: You get matched with premades, you will be blamed for anything, you have to play the role and Champ they want, and in general you have to be their scapegoat; HEAVEN FORBID will you not do what they say because they will just threaten to report you and provoke you over and over until you defend yourself with a just-so-slightly-offensive tone; which then gives them a LEGIT reason to report you even more since no matter how slightly-offensive, the tribunal punishes for anything regardless of circumstances and social aspects (premades, bullying, provocation)

Option 2: The "roll your role" checkbox
Explanation: You tick this checkbox before you get in queue, you randomly get assigned a role/lane to play in Champ select. Means everybody in Champ select will be tagged like "mid lane", "jungler" etc. If someone doesn't follow the rule of this queue regardless of having had the choice of ticking the box, he is able to get reported for a unique report reason after the game ends only available in this queue, which is basically "did not play his roll"
Reason: Aren't you tired of going into queue just to have everybody spam the role he wants to play, or better yet, instalock his Champion, without any form of communication whatsoever? Guess what, I'm a nice guy, and nice guys finish last so in my last 4-5 games I waited for everybody else to pick their role, and play what's left - support. I lost every single game because somehow the people who insist on playing mid and spam the chat as soon as Champ select opens always feed and fail to do their job. And then I'm sitting there being a support Champ, not able to do much and getting frustrated because I know I should have gotten mid and I'd have carried this ****
PS: This queue option needs like a 1h+ cooldown if you dodge in Champ select, so people aren't encouraged to simply dodge if they roll a role (lol) they don't like

Option 3: The "cycle role" checkbox
Explanation: Similar to option 2, except you don't randomly roll your role, you cycle through it. Like a possible order could be top -> mid -> bot -> support -> jungle. You join this queue for the first time, you will get to play top lane, and when you play next time, you get to play mid, etc. and it just keeps cycling. Dodging in this queue option will NOT allow you to "skip" a role

Please give this a thought, I'm sure it's really easy to implement coding and effort wise and it would add SO much quality to the casual gaming experience of many people who just want to have a nice game at the end of the day

Kvastier 12-22-2012 03:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jiz Khalifa (Hozzászólás 32734593)
Option 2: The "roll your role" checkbox
Explanation: You tick this checkbox before you get in queue, you randomly get assigned a role/lane to play in Champ select. Means everybody in Champ select will be tagged like "mid lane", "jungler" etc. If someone doesn't follow the rule of this queue regardless of having had the choice of ticking the box, he is able to get reported for a unique report reason after the game ends only available in this queue, which is basically "did not play his roll"
Reason: Aren't you tired of going into queue just to have everybody spam the role he wants to play, or better yet, instalock his Champion, without any form of communication whatsoever? Guess what, I'm a nice guy, and nice guys finish last so in my last 4-5 games I waited for everybody else to pick their role, and play what's left - support. I lost every single game because somehow the people who insist on playing mid and spam the chat as soon as Champ select opens always feed and fail to do their job. And then I'm sitting there being a support Champ, not able to do much and getting frustrated because I know I should have gotten mid and I'd have carried this ****
PS: This queue option needs like a 1h+ cooldown if you dodge in Champ select, so people aren't encouraged to simply dodge if they roll a role (lol) they don't like

Option 3: The "cycle role" checkbox
Explanation: Similar to option 2, except you don't randomly roll your role, you cycle through it. Like a possible order could be top -> mid -> bot -> support -> jungle. You join this queue for the first time, you will get to play top lane, and when you play next time, you get to play mid, etc. and it just keeps cycling. Dodging in this queue option will NOT allow you to "skip" a role

"Roll your role" won't work. I'm terrible as ADC, what if get assigned Bot Lane AD Carry? Either i have to dodge and wait for the CD, or play as an ADC and get screwed.

Same goes for the "Cycle Role". Sooner or later i'll have to go ADC, and i won't be able to skip this role, so i'll get screwed.

It would be better if you pick a role BEFORE joining the queue, so the system won't match you with people who want to play your role. The problem is, there won't be almost any supports in queue, so you'll have to wait a long time till someone decides to pick the support role.