League of Legends Community

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   Summoner's Rift (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=48)
-   -   When to surrender and when NOT too (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=2931417)

Causing Panic 12-22-2012 08:59 AM

When to surrender and when NOT too

It seems alot of people dont understand this concept so ill try to explain :)

When to surrender:
-If ALL lanes have lost, and every team fight is a blow out, then this is the ONLY time you should even considering surrendering otherwise play it out and maybe you'll get it lucky

-if you have afkers or trolls that make it impossible to win

When to maybe surrender;
-I still say dont surrender but if it goes to late game and you have team comp that has 2 early game champs but crappy late game champs while the other team has all late game champs, then you maybe want to surrender and not waste even more time.

When not to surrender;
-If one of your lanes is winning dont be so quick to surrender.. give it time and let the person try and make a difference. Ive had countless games when i won top lane while bot and mid lost and they would try surrendering and i would refuse. now usually i would get *****ed out for not voting yes and everything until end of the game when we would end up winning

-Never surrender before atleast the 30min mark (this is opinion of mine whether we are getting completely crushed or not) because people do make mistakes and people DO throw games

TSM Zubz 12-22-2012 09:11 AM

it is very true, ive won my top lane with riven and made a difference so many times in games, it would be a blowout until i got into team fights and won us the game. people would still try to surrender tho and i just tell them how stupid they are, ive always hated surrendering

HoWallaWoH 12-22-2012 09:16 AM

Played a game the other day as Rammus, and my team swore up and down that we were going to loose. I asked them to defend for ten more minutes to finish our builds...and wallah! we won :) we had lost all three lanes, but the other team had someone afk, thinking it would be free elo at that point. AMAZING turn-around and excellent teamwork made the difference.

Charcole 12-22-2012 10:40 AM

My buddy and I duo queued for ranked. We had 1 afk. Our team kept trying to surrender but we promised we'd carry, don't worry. We ended up losing our lane and played well during team fights, but our jungler who was forced to go to top lane (due to the afk'er) ended up carrying hardcore. The main reason we won is the other team knew they were vs 4 people so they threw the game away. This happens in so many games which is why I rarely surrender.

Although I do tend to get teammates who are like "WUT IS ENGLASH" and go AP pantheon and im like oh dear Lord... time to surrender 2min into the game

AnthemVic 12-22-2012 11:17 AM

Hello, I just had an interesting match. We were even but lost a couple of group battles and our Vayne kept spamming surrender but it always ended 3 - 2, suddenly the Teemo of the other team left but Vayne still spammed surrender but after another 3-2 the other team surrendered 3-1 and we won O_o. I know that being one down reduces your team power but they had better builds and surrendered.

I might add another reason to accept surrender... when you are not having fun and you are at the end of the rope, i like to fight till the end but when my team gets all "you noob" and stuff i agree just to end the match and play the next one and have some fun xd

Causing Panic 12-22-2012 10:19 PM

I love reading all these stories :) People tend to give up so fast now instead of actually trying and it annoys me so much, especially when they start raging at you. but i also love it when after the game is over they are sucking up to you by saying how right you are and everything ^^

Cloudpost 12-23-2012 03:06 AM

Even if you lose all the lanes you can still turn a game around. Play cautiously and farm, take opportunities when they appear, and defend high tier objectives (baron and base towers).

Causing Panic 12-24-2012 07:38 AM

Bump ^^

Causing Panic 12-24-2012 06:18 PM

bump :)

Jamie98s 12-24-2012 10:22 PM

I was in a surely lost game earlier , I was mid against leblanc who just snowballed harder than ive even seen before. http://www.lolking.net/summoner/na/592#history go 7 games down and look at her, over 30 kills. she was melting everyone. but the funny thing is one lucky ace late game turned it around