League of Legends Community

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   Art Feedback (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Dark Candy Fiddlesticks ult (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=2929699)

Fastpaws 12-21-2012 04:55 PM

Dark Candy Fiddlesticks ult

It is too quiet or that buzzing blizzard sound is just not a good choice for it.
My friends and I were in an ARAM and there were a lot of heroes that had AOE circles in it; Galio, Karthus, Janna and Fiddle. It was very unobvious that he had ulted in all that noise compared to standard fiddle or surprise party fiddle.

ColonelTbaggs 12-21-2012 05:34 PM

It is a bit more subtle both in sound and appearance. I had hoped for some candy canes or something instead of the crows.

Fastpaws 01-04-2013 01:25 AM

I thought you sound guys loved replying about broken sounds?

Fastpaws 07-29-2013 03:25 PM

This poor quality sound implementation is still here seven months later.
Again I just played against this skin in an ARAM. I remarked after the enemy Fiddle ulted that I hate it because the ult sound is so quiet. The Fiddle himself agreed and the enemy Jarvan said he didn't even realise he had ulted.

Gankattk 07-29-2013 03:49 PM

Surprise party fiddle is a legendary skin, dark candy shouldnt be comparable.

Fastpaws 07-30-2013 03:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gankattk (Hozzászólás 40247637)
Surprise party fiddle is a legendary skin, dark candy shouldnt be comparable.

I can't actually provide a counterpoint to your post as it is so randomly irrelevant but thanks for bumping the thread.
This thread is about the inadequate sound (and to a lesser extent the visual) effect that the Dark Candy produces when Fiddle ults. It affects gameplay; I'm not talking about skin pricing.

Gankattk 07-30-2013 11:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fastpaws (Hozzászólás 32708075)
unobvious that he had ulted in all that noise compared to standard fiddle or surprise party fiddle.

My point was hardly irrelevant. Read your posts.

Fastpaws 08-01-2013 01:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gankattk (Hozzászólás 40273150)
My point was hardly irrelevant. Read your posts.

Why don't you read mine? In the OP I compare the Dark Candy Ult to BOTH the standard Fiddle skin and Surprise Party Fiddle. I'm not comparing them on visual effects, I am comparing only the noticability of the ults as it relates purely to gameplay; namely that the Dark Candy ult is much quieter than any of the other skins.
Once again, thanks for the nonsense bump :)

Gankattk 08-01-2013 02:18 AM

I was merely suggesting that higher value skins often have more noticeable sounds and visual effects, using an example (surprise party fiddle) you provided. Besides, I dont believe Riot would bother with a skin that is no longer available.

Fastpaws 08-02-2013 01:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gankattk (Hozzászólás 40337350)
I was merely suggesting that higher value skins often have more noticeable sounds and visual effects, using an example (surprise party fiddle) you provided. Besides, I dont believe Riot would bother with a skin that is no longer available.

Higher value skins have more elaborate effects; they are not more or less noticeable, at least they shouldn't be. Surprise party fiddle's ult is not any more or less noticeable that default Fiddle's ult. When they ult they both make a lot of noise and you know it is happening. This is not the case with Dark Candy Fiddle's ult.
The skin is still in the game? Just because you can't buy it any more doesn't mean it doesn't affect the game.