League of Legends Community

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   The Howling Abyss (ARAM) (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=58)
-   -   @Riot Executions in ARAM (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=2924324)

2pudge1cup 12-20-2012 08:02 AM

@Riot Executions in ARAM

I could be a minority here, but I always found that getting those in aram is kind of a gutless way to go. I can see the camp's side that it's skillful to die while not being hit by an enemy's ability. I just kind of view it as bad manners/gutless personally.

What if the death gold/xp was split evenly amongst the team from executions? Then you wouldn't get the whole "hey you got aced I better run at the tower" dilemma.

edit: no reason to downvote im just trying to see other people's thoughts. i mean i said iwas probably the minority.

Geekweezul 12-20-2012 08:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2pudge1cup (Hozzászólás 32653914)
I could be a minority here, but I always found that getting those in aram is kind of a gutless way to go. I can see the camp's side that it's skillful to die while not being hit by an enemy's ability. I just kind of view it as bad manners/gutless personally.

What if the death gold/xp was split evenly amongst the team from executions? Then you wouldn't get the whole "hey you got aced I better run at the tower" dilemma.

I'm kind of on the fence about this issue.

I used to have a no suicide rule in my aram's on SR because I hated the idea so much...

But here...it's just different.

If you win a teamfight, the other team gets to buy better items. If they come back with those better items and aces your already hurt team they can get a huge push in...usually 2 towers.

So I completely understand the frustration, but it's kind of necessary :/

KaXaSA51 12-20-2012 09:18 AM

imo they could give some global gold for executions but just small amount... I would be cool with that.

BleedWhite 12-20-2012 10:03 AM

I think it should stay how it is personally. I mean it's not a easy feat to be executed without anyone touching you, unless you very recently performed an Ace. I would say executions are some what rare and when they are done they are usually risky due to repop timers.

NinetyNineTails 12-20-2012 11:53 AM

I don't think it's bad manners, really. The map allows it and we play to the map. That said, I dislike it as a mechanic. It's inherently snowbally and works against the mode's intention of having trips back to heal and shop be precious, valuable, and come largely at the cost of giving up a kill to the enemy team. If a poke comp routs a bruiser comp in the 8th minute of the game, does the poke comp really deserve a round of free trips to the fountain to shop?

Zielmann 12-20-2012 12:12 PM

I was also one of those people who kinda frowned upon denying yourself on SR as well. At least for a long time. But I eventually just got used to the fact that people were going to do it. The ones that bothered me the most were probably with TF or Panth would user their ults to die to nexus turrets or the fountain. I still think that's a bit of a cheap move. It's one thing to deny to a tower after winning a big fight, or even managing to get the deny in while the team is still under their tower. But using those ults to do it on a whim is kinda annoying.

But on PG, I really don't mind it near as much. Heck, I've seen it backfire for people before, where too many of them deny after a fight, and the other team gets up and gets to push down a free turret for it. So you have to actually plan out how many you can afford to lose for how long or else you could be in trouble.

But I don't like the idea of evenly distributing gold among the rest of the team. That's like giving everybody free assist gold for a kill that they weren't even part of. Doesn't make sense. Not to mention that if it's truly the gold that you're worried about, denying to a tower doesn't take the bounty off your head. It just allows you to go shop. Once the other team manages to actually get a kill on you, they'll get all the bounty that you had accumulated anyhow. If somebody is able to position themselves that well all game that their only deaths are denies, I don't see why they should be punished for playing well (by rewarding un-earned gold to the other team).

2pudge1cup 12-20-2012 02:52 PM

Meh no need to downvote the OP. I figured I was in the minority to begin with. Wanted to see others opinions. I just think it's kind of a b*tch move to sack yourself.

I do agree the argument that you can't buy that it could be a bit necessary. However, you've already got ahead by picking up the ace and free tower or whatever you grabbed. Staying ahead by getting a free heal and chance to shop *while already being ahead* seems kind of cheese-y if you ask me.

I get that the map allows it too. But the map can be changed and that's kind of the point of this whole forum.

And my suggestion isn't assist gold. If someone loses a streak their gold is spread amongst the opponents. So the 500 gold max is 100 gold per player. The normal 300 is 60 per player. ETC

TimeWhisp 12-20-2012 03:30 PM

It's very counter intuitive and should be removed from the game. All you see is "lol look at me i smart i died to tower deny kills lulzlzzl!" What is this dota 2?

There's no reason not to do it. It's a strategic necessity if the opportunity presents itself I do it. I just feel it makes for bad gameplay and should be removed.

2pudge1cup 12-21-2012 09:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TimeWhisp (Hozzászólás 32668473)
It's very counter intuitive and should be removed from the game. All you see is "lol look at me i smart i died to tower deny kills lulzlzzl!" What is this dota 2?

There's no reason not to do it. It's a strategic necessity if the opportunity presents itself I do it. I just feel it makes for bad gameplay and should be removed.

Ya, that's kind of my point. It's a "feature" but a very annoying one at that.

BriefEternity 12-21-2012 09:48 AM

I like it. It adds another aspect to the game. You gotta know when you can get away with it. Just like staggering your deaths so they don't take a tower.

I've seen countless people try to suicide to the tower and it backfires on them anyawy. 2 of their team members will die then the rest of the team have to 3v5 and get aced.