League of Legends Community

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   Champion Feedback (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Vi Compliments and Crticisms (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=2922550)

Geomancer93041 12-19-2012 06:32 PM

Vi Compliments and Crticisms

Let me get this out of the way: I REALLY like Vi. Her character is great and her voice actress really made her interesting. I also liked her abilities. However... there were two things I noticed that made me a little uncomfortable when playing as her.

1. Her Denting Strike. It's a nice ability, don't get me wrong. However, unlike Vayne, it doesn't only harm the enemy. It also gives the player a buff. That sounds great but that means that in order to get the effect from creeps, you have to have lowish AD. That hampers the entire champion.

2. Her E. I like it but it just feels a little lackluster When Vi delivers her attack with E, there's a nice visual effect but all that happens is damage. With that much oomph, you'd think there'd be at least a little knock back. Maybe you could have Q's dash into a champion proc E if it is in effect?

knormanx 12-19-2012 06:35 PM

1. Its not meant to be great on creeps, and neither is vayne's silver bolts.
2. you're mainly complaining about ascetics. It seems fine the way it is.

Afael 12-19-2012 07:17 PM

I love her too. Such great design, and yes, voice over made me run around for about an hour in a custom game just listening to her quotes. Laugh fails a bit though.

Why would you ever want to attack a creep? She can clear waves with her E, and last hitting is a "must" in meta, considering how much affect junglers have. Bla-bla-bla, a ton of reasons why its ok, as it is. Its actually a bit better than Vayne's bolts in terms of on-hit stack - it remains on the enemies if you changed the target.
I certainly won't have any knock back on Vi. She is already having problems sticking to people at times. Although its probably just me playing crappy)

Great champion. Riot has done very, very well.

ViPandaSAO 12-19-2012 08:03 PM

only think she really needs is to make her q more fluid right now not only does it slow you down it stopps you dead in your tracks breifly.

The Sterg 12-19-2012 08:10 PM

As I said in about eight other threads, she REALLY needs a slow or some way to stick to targets better.

Even if she lands her gap closer she can't really get in more than a AA/E or two without them slipping away, repeat if she lands her ult. Either that or the CD on Q needs to be lowered to around 7-10 seconds.

pineluv 12-19-2012 08:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Satanist Hobo (Hozzászólás 32639362)
As I said in about eight other threads, she REALLY needs a slow or some way to stick to targets better.

Even if she lands her gap closer she can't really get in more than a AA/E or two without them slipping away, repeat if she lands her ult. Either that or the CD on Q needs to be lowered to around 7-10 seconds.

Phage/Randuin's.

also Q's CD drops to 8 at max rank. this is why it's critical to max it first, as it can both open and close an engagement. it's got nice damage too.

Brumak4eva 12-19-2012 08:41 PM

Yeah, if she had a built-in way to stick to champs within her kit, it'd be a little ridiculous since she puts off quite a bit of damage with that passive W. Just build Phage first - besides, Frozen Mallet is a fantastic item for her, giving that crucial slow and benefiting her passive shield strength. Tower diving a squishy with that ult is just fantastic. Makes her ganks post-6 (if played as a jungler) quite strong if you have a lane with some CC.

driredeath 12-20-2012 04:29 AM

Q Q Q i hear lots of complaints about people not being able to connect with her Q. playing against her i dont think i have ever been hit by a fully charged Q i am definetly not looking forward to it though other then that all i have to do to beat her is keep my distance and i will be fine

MavversUSA 12-20-2012 04:42 AM

IMO Vi is probably one of the most balanced bruisers that Riot has made of late. I think her Q isn't as bad as some people think, maybe the reason people haven't hit you with her Q is because they are just starting out as this character. I think its safe to say any assumption of any champion is poor down to experience upon release is a really dumb thing to do. Keeping your distance from her is probably a bad idea too, especially when top laming because of the creeps; your loss. At the end of the day she is a really cool champ