League of Legends Community
1234511 ... 22

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   Champ/Skin Concepts (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=40)
-   -   (VERY ELABORATE, Custom Champ) Kiya, the Fervor of the Sands (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=2920922)

Nhan Fiction 12-19-2012 12:35 PM

(VERY ELABORATE, Custom Champ) Kiya, the Fervor of the Sands

14 Attachment(s)
Kiya, the Fervor of the Sands on LoL Wiki.

Content includes:
- Lore
- Artwork
- Champion kit (now THREE different versions)
- And other things

Many MORE elements are also planned for this idea as well.

FULL VOICE SET DONE BY IMORISTAR!

CHECK OUT KIYA'S OWN YOUTUBE VIDEO WITH SKILL-SET OVERVIEW!

LORE READING BY DEVIN!

Attachment 577184
Attachment 577187
Attachment 577188
Attachment 589906
Attachment 590340
Attachment 590341
Attachment 593428
Attachment 597554
Attachment 608832
Attachment 611161
Attachment 611162
Attachment 613050
Attachment 613930
Attachment 644358

oDeadeyeo 12-19-2012 11:45 PM

Yes! This game could use a complex support like this. Plus, anything from the Nasus/Renekton storyline is a win. :)

Nhan Fiction 12-20-2012 10:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by oDeadeyeo (Hozzászólás 32645467)
Yes! This game could use a complex support like this. Plus, anything from the Nasus/Renekton storyline is a win. :)

Thank you! >^..^<

Metal Capo 12-20-2012 10:33 AM

Ooh I do like this concept of a support champion, her passive reminds me of Viktor's (My favorite btw), and how it is able to change properties of all of her abilities. She is a versatile champion and I like to see how she works out in the game. We got Nasus as Anubis, Renekton as Sobek, why not put another Egyptian champion that is similar to Bastet, the feline goddess?

Ambir 12-20-2012 11:02 AM

You know... If they make it, I'm going to insta buy that champion. Great work out there :P

Nhan Fiction 12-20-2012 11:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Metal Capo (Hozzászólás 32658349)
Ooh I do like this concept of a support champion, her passive reminds me of Viktor's (My favorite btw), and how it is able to change properties of all of her abilities. She is a versatile champion and I like to see how she works out in the game. We got Nasus as Anubis, Renekton as Sobek, why not put another Egyptian champion that is similar to Bastet, the feline goddess?

Yup! I happen to love Egyptian mythology. <3 ^^

Nhan Fiction 12-20-2012 02:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ambir (Hozzászólás 32659354)
You know... If they make it, I'm going to insta buy that champion. Great work out there :P

<3

Falstar 12-20-2012 03:51 PM

Pharaoh Nidalee has competition I see. xD

Nhan Fiction 12-20-2012 06:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Falstar (Hozzászólás 32669222)
Pharaoh Nidalee has competition I see. xD

:P

Mytharionas 12-23-2012 07:56 AM

Alrighty. First thing I like to look at regarding a champion are the aesthetics. Looking at Kiya, all I can say is...wow. Judging by the consistency of the various artworks, I assume you had a look set in stone already, and these pictures are amazing. I can't help but draw some comparison to Nidalee due to the body markings, but they really do look good on her. Which picture comes closest to your vision of Kiya?

Lore:
From what I can gather, Kiya is a young queen that was driven from her throne by her rebelling subjects, and her rule was one of arrogance and pride. And when things went bad for her, she retreated to the League to get help from Nasus in order to regain the faith of her followers back.

She seems like a regal figure, but with an underlying desire for revenge. It makes one wonder, does Nasus know of Kiya's intentions? Would he still be willing to help her if he did? There's a great deal of intrigue to be observed here. This is some good stuff, I gotta hand it to you.

Skills:
Just a heads up, number are not quite my forte, so to speak. My skill review will be about synergy and stuff like that.

Quote:

Wondrous Scepter: Kiya begins with a unique item called the Wondrous Scepter. This item cannot be sold and may be upgraded in the store up to two more times for a price
At first glance, I was comparing it to Viktor's passive. But it seems like you have the ability to toggle through different settings on it. I can't comment on how this would affect her playstyle just yet. I'll have to take a look at the different abilities.

Quote:

Magnificent Pulse : Kiya fires an energy pulse from her scepter in a line, which deals magic damage to all hit enemies and applies a debuff based on Kiya's current orb setting.
I see, so the skills themselves are relatively basic but are augmented by the setting on Kiya's scepter. Red for armor shred, Blue for magic vulnerability, and Yellow for preventing an enemy from coming back to the fight. This adds a decent layer of tactics to employ against different situations. As for ability itself, it's simple, but efficient.

Quote:

Fanatic Feline - Passive: Kiya's basic attacks deal bonus magic damage (does not affect buildings). Each of Kiya's auto-attacks will also grant her a Fanatic Feline stack (cap of 3).

For each Fanatic Feline stack, Kiya gains bonus movement speed. The stacks last up to 6 seconds from Kiya's last attack. The stack duration refreshes if Kiya attacks while at the stack cap.
For a support or mage, Kiya seems to have some rather physical attributes to her playstyle. Being part cat, she would have to have some agility mixed in with her repertoire. I'll have to take a look at the active.
Quote:

Fanatic Feline - Active: All current Fanatic Feline stacks are consumed, enhancing Kiya's next attack. This next attack deals magic damage and also applies a debuff based on her current orb setting.

This ability’s passive effect is temporarily not in effect until she either uses her enhanced auto-attack or 6 seconds have passed.
I think i'm getting an idea on how your scepter settings are utilized. Red seems tailored to fight against AD opponents, Blue would be effective against other mages, and Yellow seems to be made for keeping enemies from running away or counter attacking. I was initially worried about having to toggle around the scepter settings, but it seems like one setting will work for a long time until you think the battle is gonna be on different terms.

Quote:

Radiant Ankh: Kiya conjures a sacred ankh at a target location, initially shielding ally champions in the area from damage for up to 3 seconds. In addition, the ankh will provide a visible aura for Kiya and nearby ally champions based on the used orb setting for 7 seconds. The ankh's aura cannot be altered until the next time Kiya activates this ability.
A shield with a temporary aura? That's pretty nifty. In fact, i'm not entirely sure why they haven't made an ability like this in LoL already. Also, it seems i've hit the mark with my earlier analysis about the scepter settings being used for certain purposes.

My only issue is that the effectiveness of one set in a lane might make you forget that there are other settings for your scepter. But that's a issue with the player's familiarity with Kiya, not Kiya herself.

Quote:

Divine Queen: Kiya morphs into her demigoddess form, gaining bonus mana. Each second, Kiya heals HP for herself and nearby ally champions. She also gains the ability to cast Mummified Servants multiple times. Lasts 15 seconds
Making the ultimate a transformation like Nasus and Renekton is a nice touch. But it seems there's more to it than just the mana and healing...

Quote:

Mummified Servants: Kiya summons three mummy cats to run toward a target point. The cats will cling to the first enemy unit they come across, dealing magic damage each second, revealing them and slowing their movement speed for 5 seconds. Multiple cats may cling to the same target, causing the magic damage and slow effect to stack (max of 3 cats on a single enemy).

Kiya begins with 9 cats at her disposal to unleash upon using Divine Queen, and she releases 3 cats with each cast of this ability.
She summons evil cat mummies to cling to her enemies? That is hands down the most adorable ability i've ever seen. I mean sure, the damage is nifty, the vision is useful and the slow is powerful, but that's not why people will use it. They'll use it because she summons angry kittens to hug your enemies!

If Riot actually added Kiya to the roster, I bet 90% of the playerbase would buy her on day 1 solely for that ability, myself included.

Final Thoughts:
This is usually the section where I tell you what you've done right, and what needs improvement. Kiya's aesthetics are amazing for what you aim to accomplish. Her story is great for what you want to get across, as well as having a layer of mystery as far as her plan is concerned. Her abilities look pretty awesome as well. You even have incredible artwork to go along with her.

Thing is, there's nothing I can say regarding what needs improvement. Kiya's skillset is easy to use and fairly adaptable without being bland. Her scepter toggle has a high skill cap but won't be clunky in the hands of less experienced players. There is literally nothing about Kiya that I can critique.

In fact, one might even call her a purrfect concept!

P.S. If you want to review one of my champions, you can find them at the index. Feel free to look at any one you want, but I would prefer if you looked at Natalya or Sebastian. Also, if you want skin ideas, here are my ideas:

Primal Kiya - Instead of Kiya's natural grey, she would have orange or gold skin with black stripes, similar to a Bengal tiger. Her limbs would be a darker orange while her face and torso would be gradually lighter shades, but the stripes remain black regardless of position. Of course, her fine white garb would be out of place here, so you could replace that with dark leather armaments adorned with primitive paintings, bones and feathers instead of gold and jewels. Her scepter could be an engraved bludgeon with a skull on the top. Her ultimate could be tiger cubs making small roaring sounds.

Hello Kiya - Instead of her grey, make her skin a stark white with no stripes. Her outfit would be reminiscent of something Hello Kitty would wear. Perhaps a gaudy pink dress and a red bow in her hair. Basically, make her look cute and giddy. Her scepter could be a sparkly pink and white princess wand with a glowing heart on top. As for her ultimate, mewing white kittens with cartoonish proportions. When they cling to an enemy, they purr and make little hearts appear over the target.