League of Legends Community
1234511 ... 12

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   Champion Feedback (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Why isn't Darius's ult channeled or have a range limit? (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=2920917)

Acanthus 12-19-2012 12:32 PM

Why isn't Darius's ult channeled or have a range limit?

That's it. I just want to be able to stun/cc him out of it or use a movement skill/flash to get out of its range after it starts. The first I think should cause cooldown, the second cause it to cancel and refresh (like when someone escapes Skarner's ult).

Let the flames begin.

Edit: And this:
Quote:

Originally Posted by HereticSage (Hozzászólás 32688381)
I had an instance today where I ulted someone as Darius today, failed to kill him, but someone killed him less than a second after I dealt damage (and they got the kill), and my ult still refreshed. I don't think that should be possible either.

Amendment and clarification:
Quote:

Originally Posted by HereticSage (Hozzászólás 32815071)
This thread is STILL not about nerfing Darius. This is about fixing a broken (in the literal sense) mechanic. Why? So the game stays fun. It's like when people would flash out of Skarner's ult and get pulled back anyway to instadie to 5 people. The developers thought that either they wanted to raise the skill cap so reflexes would be rewarded or that they thought the ult was too rewarding for an inescapable targeted skill (I'm guessing). This has the same logic. Point is, the damage is fine, there's nothing wrong with that, but the mechanics of it make fighting against it really unfun. I think it should keep the damage, keep the refreshing execution that makes it iconic and rewarding to use, but make it so that you can fight it with skill. If the developers feel that he needs a buff along with this change to keep him in competitive with other champions by say (as an example) increasing his movement speed buff for bleeding targets, I'm okay with that as a counterbalance.

EDITED 01/05/13:
Quote:

Originally Posted by HereticSage (Hozzászólás 33176403)
I am DISAPPOINTED by the upcoming Darius changes: http://www.surrenderat20.net/2012/12...lance-and.html

He comes with 25% armor pen, and black cleaver will proc with his bleeds now. This is a BUFF. The attack speed debuff loss won't even be felt by comparison. I didn't even want a "nerf".

Edit 01/07/13: Added a bold for emphasis on an important point.

Papa Cactus 12-19-2012 12:41 PM

thats like saying u should b able to escape garens ult, there the same thing. dariuses is just cooler

CerealBoxOfDoom 12-19-2012 12:41 PM

it is channeled and has a range limit.

Acanthus 12-19-2012 12:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Papa Cactus (Hozzászólás 32622128)
thats like saying u should b able to escape garens ult, there the same thing. dariuses is just cooler

Garen's inescapable ult is balanced by a monster cooldown. Thematically, his also doesn't require him to use his body. Darius's does.

Papa Cactus 12-19-2012 12:53 PM

there still both cast in an instint. it makes not difference if darius is n the air or garen on the ground. once there cast theres nothing u can do. the cd is different though. darius is refreshed if it kills so thats a huge addvantage. (atleast in team fights, 1v1 it doesnt matter haha)

Ten Inch Rooster 12-19-2012 01:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Papa Cactus (Hozzászólás 32622515)
there still both cast in an instint. it makes not difference if darius is n the air or garen on the ground. once there cast theres nothing u can do. the cd is different though. darius is refreshed if it kills so thats a huge addvantage. (atleast in team fights, 1v1 it doesnt matter haha)

That's not accurate. You can use Kayle's ult as he ascends and you will be immune to the damage.

Vencu 12-19-2012 01:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ten Inch Rooster (Hozzászólás 32623368)
That's not accurate. You can use Kayle's ult as he ascends and you will be immune to the damage.

you can also troll pool or zhonya's

Phagguette 12-19-2012 01:59 PM

Haha yep plenty you can do just not every character has a handy Kayle nearby. Also, it does have a limited range. If you ever played Darius, you would know (similar to Garen range).

Acanthus 12-19-2012 03:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baughwssery (Hozzászólás 32625047)
Haha yep plenty you can do just not every character has a handy Kayle nearby. Also, it does have a limited range. If you ever played Darius, you would know (similar to Garen range).

I've been knocked away/cc'd from my target several times and had my Garen ult complete regardless. No one's ever tried flashing away from it on me, but I'm pretty sure Ali headbutt moves me more than flash moves them.

Acanthus 12-19-2012 03:47 PM

I literally bought Darius and played him against a silencer (cho) to test if it gets cancelled. It does not. It is not channeled.