League of Legends Community
1234511 ... 14

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   Champion Feedback (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Nami fell off? (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=2920312)

KevinCaution 12-19-2012 09:22 AM

Nami fell off?

Where did she go? No one plays her anymore? In my opinion, she's quite horrendous. She didn't turn out to be as good as I thought she was going to be. I main support, I can't wait for the day that a GOOD support comes out. Come on Riot. Help bot land out a bit. All the supports out now, are too easily predictable.

Arcticfury 12-19-2012 09:26 AM

Agreed. But we'll see a bunch of people tell you she's fine with no Nami games in their history. The reason there's no history is because they know she isn't good enough. That's proof enough. She has a cool design, but weak ult (broad, but not nearly as good as Sej). She does no damage, her missile speed is too slow on Q. Her heal is good, but otherwise she's just almost good enough.

Supports that don't do damage are almost out of the Meta. I've seen a lot of bruisers down as supports, and they seem to do very well. Leona is the one exception, and Taric a bit who I've just started playing.

Animationhac 12-19-2012 09:33 AM

I win majority of my games as Nami. Nami is a strong champion so long as you have communication with your bot laner. You not seeing Nami doesnt mean she is bad... She has a great kit and is fun to play. I normally play supports mixed with her. I play Nami when my adc fits and matches Nami. To get a powerful combo. I dont really agree with your post. :/

KevinCaution 12-19-2012 09:34 AM

If they made her Q projectile faster, her Q would be good. If her ultimate was decently fast, such as Ashe's arrow, or maybe not even that fast. Right now, she is not viable. How to avoid her ultimate is way too simple, just run left or right 2 feet.

There's been time when I've been Q'd by a Nami, and it look like it landed on me, but I would just walk right through it. She's not good.

Bring me a new support Riot. I love playing support, and need someone that will be really good!

CerealBoxOfDoom 12-19-2012 09:34 AM

she's a hard to play champ who is also a support champ both in design and function. She will be a treasure for some and an untouchable champ for others. Niether of these things are popular selling points outside of the small groups that love these things. Even if she is secretly all sorts of OP this would still be the case.

KevinCaution 12-19-2012 09:37 AM

The thing is, that I love playing complicated champions. Nami isn't more complicated than just a terrible champion all together.

Peligrad 12-19-2012 09:38 AM

I find Nami to still be solid.

She was in most the games I played last night...and she did quite well.

You play against a good one and you'll stop thinking she is bad...that is for sure...

CerealBoxOfDoom 12-19-2012 09:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KevinCaution (Hozzászólás 32616088)
Where did she go? No one plays her anymore? In my opinion, she's quite horrendous. She didn't turn out to be as good as I thought she was going to be. I main support, I can't wait for the day that a GOOD support comes out. Come on Riot. Help bot land out a bit. All the supports out now, are too easily predictable.

When teaching people or playing chess I'm often told that I'm predictable. To which I respond,

"does predicting when the bomb goes off actually solve your delimna?"

or

"you can also see a train coming from miles away, but this doesn't seem to make playing on the tracks any safer now does it?"

In a game of strategy, those who rely on the enemy being incapable are doomed to lose to competence. Speeding up nami's abilities or even making it a point blank ability isn't going to fix anything. It will probably warp the meta a bit but it wont really fix the real issue which isn't nami. Its her summoners

CerealBoxOfDoom 12-19-2012 09:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KevinCaution (Hozzászólás 32616487)
The thing is, that I love playing complicated champions. Nami isn't more complicated than just a terrible champion all together.

what makes her terrible?

Her strong peel/disable?

her battle changing multitargeted spell?

Her point blank phage imitation that makes her stun easier to use?

Or is it her teamfight deciding initiation chaser?

redhead1183 12-19-2012 09:47 AM

On paper nami sounded like a great champ. However her Q and ult move too slow to be consistantly useful. I had high hopes for her, but I was let down after the release.