League of Legends Community

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   General Discussion (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Is a mid "supposed" to start roaming at level 3? (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=2920129)

Levgre 12-19-2012 07:57 AM

Is a mid "supposed" to start roaming at level 3?

Just had a Corki in game start spamming me for a gank when I didnt even have 20 cs yet. He asked me if I knew mids were supposed to roam. I thought lanes generally held their own until at least minute 7 in the game.

Was this Corki just in requesting a gank level 3 and harassing me constantly when i did not?

Shaco ftwin 12-19-2012 07:58 AM

Of course that Corki is dumb.

Can people maybe roam at that time? Possibly. But it's definitely not a "You need to be doing this"

PuddingMix 12-19-2012 07:58 AM

it depends on the mid you play

but at level 3 the answer is always no

ThatsNotIrony 12-19-2012 07:59 AM

Depends...who were you playing as and against?

If you had someone like Ahri or Eve...facing a Gragas, Karthus or other heavy farmer or slow pusher, then yeah...you should abuse the roaming potential you have.

Are you "expected" to do that ASAP? Not particularly.

macsauce 12-19-2012 07:59 AM

If you're playing LB, then yes.

Risemix 12-19-2012 07:59 AM

People who are failing in their own lanes typically start looking for someone to blame.

With that said, a mid laner should roam, but typically not until they can safely leave without losing much CS. That is different per champion. Viktor for example can easily roam and not miss CS with 2 doran's rings and death augment. Anivia, Morgana, Lux, and many others can do it after level 6. I can't think of a mage that can start roaming that soon though.

Actually the guy above me mentions LB and I'm inclined to agree. LeBlanc usually just gets pushed to tower and misses all of her CS anyway, might as well try to farm champions in the mean time LOL

Heirpresumptiv 12-19-2012 08:00 AM

You gank when it's appropriate, usually you shove you're lane then gank. Corki sounds like he was just trying to blame someone for him losing lane.

Shadow Master 12-19-2012 08:00 AM

No. Never listen to anyone who says you need to roam during lane phase.

Whenever the opposing mid or top lane roams, it's the other lanes' job to sit at tower and make the roamer waste time, XP and gold, while allowing your allied laner from that lane to destroy their tower.

This is the #1 rule that you need to remember.

LoL is a game of strategy, NOT an action skirmish game. The global strategy, the big picture, the resources -- that's what counts more than anything else.

Yoruichi 12-19-2012 08:01 AM

This is the problem.

"You don't start roaming till 7". WTF kind of logic is this. If you see a play on the map where you can secure a kill/objective, you move for it. You don't look at a formula and be like "well, it's not 11:27, so we can't do dragon".

Open your eyes. Look at the map. If bot is chasing up the river because they almost killed their lane, or successfully outed a jungler gank attempt. And you sit jerking off in mid because "it's not 7 mins" then you are 100% at fault.

Gorsz 12-19-2012 08:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PuddingMix (Hozzászólás 32614109)
it depends on the mid you play

but at level 3 the answer is always no

Um, eve can easily gank at lvl 2-3, its retarded.