League of Legends Community

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   General Discussion (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Armor and MR are close to worthless. (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=2919813)

Malefic Vision 12-19-2012 04:56 AM

Armor and MR are close to worthless.

MPen and APen are great ideas, they really are. The game probably would be **** without them, but right now they are just too easy to get. With 2 items alone you can get about 70% Armor Pen, and with items like Liandrys being so strong in their own right as well as granting Mpen it's just frustrating to have alot of MR or have alot of armor and not be able to feel the effects of it.

Defences and Penetrations are good things in balance, but right now the balance is off. Way off.

R.I.P Rammus
"Ok", 2010-2012

NeoLlama 12-19-2012 04:58 AM

you know in theory. defensive ball curl gives Armour and MR right which were both made way more expensive. so rammus should in theory be more useful.

Admiral Ackbar 12-19-2012 05:00 AM

You know... I'm actually gonna agree with you.
Few games ago, I saw a Shen build literally nothing but health items and he was the tankiest person on their team because ARpen and Mpen mean nothing against health.

JuanDeages 12-19-2012 05:01 AM

Its because of the way pen is calculated now. If they reversed that change things would be a lot better for tanks and bruisers.

Also defence is harder to get now, with every defence item nerfed except aegis (which was given an upgrade which is currently the biggest MR item in the game.) They also removed FoN.

gsai 12-19-2012 05:01 AM

Rammus was slain by the nerf bat a lomg time ago, Malphite is probably the one who got his this time around.

IS14b4c934b49e2140947ac 12-19-2012 05:01 AM

I see your argument working with physical damage since you can get 2 different stacking % penetration on items. but hardly with magic resist since you can stack health vs it and you can only get the void staff for % pen.

This doesnt include champions with % pen built into their kits.

Malefic Vision 12-19-2012 05:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ferrero94 (Hozzászólás 32610801)
I see your argument working with physical damage since you can get 2 different stacking % penetration on items. but hardly with magic resist since you can stack health vs it and you can only get the void staff for % pen.

This doesnt include champions with % pen built into their kits.

Sorc Shoes? Torment? Guise? Blackfire?

Lightsaber 12-19-2012 05:34 AM

Agreed! They did attempt to correct the penetration changes by decreasing the % on things like Arcane Knowledge and Void Staff, as well as the flat pen on runes and Sorc Shoes, etc. However, it wasn't a high enough decrease on those values. The same applies for physical damage items. RIOT simply needs to look at these items again and lower their values even further, the % ones are the big ones. Last Whisper and Void Staff should do somewhere between 20% and 30%. Black Cleaver is still too high, 15-17.5% sounds fair. I would address more, but you see where I am going.

Right now health is the ONLY tanky stat.

Cloud Potato 12-19-2012 05:35 AM

Since you don't seem to know that %pen stacks multiplicatively, I'll make this simple.

100 Armor gives you 50% damage reduction. Let's say half of that gets taken off thanks to the big scary Black Cleaver. You now have 33% damage reduction. Your opponent would have 50% damage on you without BC, and 66% damage with it. That is an increase of damage by 33%. Now lets say this is early on, and the enemy has 100 AD. The BC gives 50 AD, Making the enemy have 150 AD. This is a 50% increase in damage.

If the enemy bought the Bloodthirster, he would get 100 AD (after stacking). This would be a 100% increase in damage. Nerf AD.

Voidgolem 12-19-2012 05:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cloud Potato (Hozzászólás 32611359)
If the enemy bought the Bloodthirster, he would get 100 AD (after stacking). This would be a 100% increase in damage. Nerf AD.

It tends to be a bit more or less, considering most heroes don't have just 100 base AD.