League of Legends Community
1234511 ... 15

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   Dominion (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=43)
-   -   Black Cleaver + Lack of Penetration Auras (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=2917636)

Snoop Nome 12-18-2012 02:39 PM

Black Cleaver + Lack of Penetration Auras

I wanted to get a discussion started for the state of Dominion post 1.73.

Is Black Cleaver still problematic? How does the lack of a penetration aura make the map feel? Are there any global improvements we can still do, such as a global 10% CDR aura?

HaIfhearted 12-18-2012 02:43 PM

Cleaver seems mostly fine.
Haven't noticed the lack of the pen aura, so I assume that's fine too.

GLOBAL CDR YES PLEASE!
Would make my mages very happy not being forced to itemize crappy cdr items. Sometimes when I want to go heavy offense on Brand, I end up having to sacrifice some cdr, which really sucks.

And anyways, its pre-season, so tis the season for experimentation.

CynicalGiant 12-18-2012 02:46 PM

Black Cleaver seems fine.

I really like the 10% CDR Aura idea.

Talith PA 12-18-2012 02:48 PM

I am not very pleased with black cleaver as it is.

good job chimpy 12-18-2012 02:59 PM

it might just be me, thinking that a 10% cdr aura is to much...but it is the preseason, so lets try it

Zeoroot 12-18-2012 03:05 PM

żGlobal CDR aura?

Oh yes. So much yes.

NavyGothic 12-18-2012 03:24 PM

Black Cleaver seems fine. It's still a must-have on any AD champ who values CDR, but that's no different to BFT for casters. You've basically replaced the old ArPen aura with BC, so balance is roughly intact.

I'm not convinced a global CDR aura is a good idea (I'd rather see some of the interesting caster options like Nashor's Tooth or Athene's buffed for Dom), but I'm game to see how it turns out. We survived the Teemocalypse and the Cleavergeddon, we can survive a CDR aura test.

Fabs457 12-18-2012 03:28 PM

I love the idea of a global CDR aura... for certain champs. Not so much for some who really don't deserve free cdr (*cough* Kass *cough*). Instead of going with 10% you could try going smallish with something like 5% and see how that translates into play since the cap is lower than in s2

Both BC and BFT seem fine to me as they are. Any chances of the modified (and unstackable) warmogs making it in? I know it was mentioned previously at some point. I still miss FoN.

Wawix 12-18-2012 03:40 PM

The 10% CDR aura thing would break the game, so nope. As for the black cleaver: I think AD casters are still doing too much damage with that item alone. Maybe we need more HP items?

Palladine 12-18-2012 03:40 PM

Black Cleaver's pretty much under control. It's still good, and worth buying on champions but isn't the stacked auto-buy that it was before. It feels like burst is in the right place now, it's still a valid tactic to burst targets down, but it isn't the instant explosion it was under unpatched cleaver meta.

I'd be cool with a CDR aura test. It would help mages early game, but it would help pretty much everyone evenly, including the currently strong champions who also benefit from it significantly (especially Kassadin & Jayce.....)

Blackfire Torch might still be a bit overtuned, especially on tanky APs tanky-types like Amumu & Rumble. There seems to be a fairly large damage differential there is between having it and not having it, due to the proc.

On the topic of AP item diversity, ways to do this might be to take a look at introducing more alternative build paths and scaling mechanisms for AP champions, sort of like how Ryze does. His itemization might also be worth a look too, I think it's still pretty stagnant even after he was rebalanced towards liking AP a bit more.