League of Legends Community

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   New Player Forum (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   Thinking of buying Shaco (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=2916937)

Malkshakevanilla 12-18-2012 11:55 AM

Thinking of buying Shaco

I'm newish and I want to know more about Shaco.

So tell me what he's good at, what he's not good and tell me if you think I should buy him.

Malyki87 12-18-2012 02:25 PM

I don't personally have Shaco myself, but i know a lot of people favor him as a jungler.

Sereg Anfaug 12-18-2012 02:30 PM

I own him, but I don't really like him very much. I main jungle, but I feel like he doesn't bring enough to the lategame, and while his skillset has several nice abilities, it doesn't have very much in the way of initiation and crown control, which is how I like to play my junglers. He's also alot squishier then other junglers, which makes him more of a liability in my play style.

If you main squishy carries, or some of the less durable bruisers, he might work better for you, but in general he's not considered a top tier jungle pick.

I also don't like his initial clear, although to be fair I haven't tried him in the season 3 jungle yet. I felt like I took too much damage and didn't clear very quickly, and I always had to back afterwards, whereas I'd normally look to gank a lane.

IS13a2e0732031ca 12-18-2012 02:31 PM

Shaco requires extremely good map awareness. If you getting ambushed or if you not the person who buys wards and helps the team, don't waste your IP i would say. Shaco has interesting mechanics, but he is easy to learn - hard to master champion.

wHiSkErTeMx73744 12-18-2012 05:23 PM

I do own Shaco and I've played him for a good amount of time in Season 2.
However, I have yet to play him in Season 3, so I don't really know what it's like in terms of items.

What I can tell you, though, is his playstyle. Shaco is an assassin, focused on killing enemy champions. Shaco can be played as an AD or AP, and both require extremely cautious play. What that means is, to be a good Shaco, you need to have good timing, good map awareness, and smart thinking.

AD Shaco focuses on, well, of course, basic attacks. He uses his skills to assist in attacking continuously without taking much damage for himself. AD Shaco also excels at taking down towers and split pushing, and is one of the best split pushers in the game.

AP Shaco focuses on tricking his opponents and causing disturbances. His main damage comes from his Jack-in-the-Boxes, which fear enemies on contact and deal damage over time. His clone's death also deals significant damage.

I play AD Shaco, just because he is very straightforward and easier to grasp. AP Shaco requires a lot of patience and psychological prowess. I would not recommend AP Shaco to a beginner.

Onireaper 12-18-2012 06:14 PM

Shaco is a great jungler, and can counter jungle well,

he has a great kit for ganks.

he is strong in lane as well.

you can build him AD he does good damage with his kit, or AP he does good damage with his boxes (lure them into a bush full of em), depends on ur style of play.

he is a well rounded champ IMO

kaktyus 12-19-2012 03:39 AM

shaco fun xD

Mid Is A Feeder 12-19-2012 01:16 PM

If your new to the game, or don't play junglers, love of god dont.