League of Legends Community

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   Dominion (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=43)
-   -   I want Promote back. (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=2916688)

Oberic 12-18-2012 10:19 AM

I want Promote back.

It was returned to the game for Dominion, but removed (again) for the entire game.

I have no options for promote as an AD champion, or for proper tanks.. Or even most of the fighters..!

I can't play Promote Caitlyn (for example) in Dominion now, and it stinks.

Nyx87 12-18-2012 10:31 AM

I don't think i have seen banner of the commander purchased in any of my games, ever. This includes SR and Dom. Promote is/was just useless for the most part, particularly with garrison around in Dom and Ohmwrecker in SR.

Redenbacher 12-18-2012 11:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Oberic (Hozzászólás 32577066)
It was returned to the game for Dominion, but removed (again) for the entire game.

I have no options for promote as an AD champion, or for proper tanks.. Or even most of the fighters..!

I can't play Promote Caitlyn (for example) in Dominion now, and it stinks.

What for? Pushing? Grez's Spectral Lantern is stronger than Promote, and doesn't take up a summoner spell slot. Exhaust and Ignite are also better, because why Promote when you can just kill your enemy and take the tower that way?

Tortferngatr 12-18-2012 12:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nyx87 (Hozzászólás 32577477)
I don't think i have seen banner of the commander purchased in any of my games, ever. This includes SR and Dom. Promote is/was just useless for the most part, particularly with garrison around in Dom and Ohmwrecker in SR.

I've purchased it on AP Malz as a bot laner (who I took w/ Revive+Garrison). It has better synergy with him than with most, since it acts as a way to increase Voidling damage w/o AD (and augments his already powerful pushes.)

That being said, Banner was designed for teamplay (anyone hear about the triple Promote strat one team took in the S2 world championships?) not Dominion's bot lane. It's a noob trap on pet champs who aren't going bot, and it certainly isn't an item you should rush willy-nilly. The only 2 champions who I actually see benefiting substantially from the passive without necessarily needing to go bot are Elise (as a later item, once she has enough spiderlings to make use of it) and...Heimerdinger (the only champ I could really see rushing Banner)...who already tends to see more use in bot than top.

I'm guessing that dedicated bot lane Zyra (and MAAAAAYBE Yorick, not sure) could get it as a third or second item, but other than that, no dice.

NavyGothic 12-18-2012 02:38 PM

I just wish the Banner were cheaper. It would be a really fun item if it cost, say, 1500g and had no AP. It would be a decent utility item for bot lane, and I've always felt Promote had some really interesting strategic potential for top lane split pushing (unfortunately Garrison / Exhaust were just plain better).

But for 2.5k... that's a pretty huge investment for a utility item.

Infirc 12-19-2012 07:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tortferngatr (Hozzászólás 32581492)
I've purchased it on AP Malz as a bot laner (who I took w/ Revive+Garrison). It has better synergy with him than with most, since it acts as a way to increase Voidling damage w/o AD (and augments his already powerful pushes.)

That being said, Banner was designed for teamplay (anyone hear about the triple Promote strat one team took in the S2 world championships?) not Dominion's bot lane. It's a noob trap on pet champs who aren't going bot, and it certainly isn't an item you should rush willy-nilly. The only 2 champions who I actually see benefiting substantially from the passive without necessarily needing to go bot are Elise (as a later item, once she has enough spiderlings to make use of it) and...Heimerdinger (the only champ I could really see rushing Banner)...who already tends to see more use in bot than top.

I'm guessing that dedicated bot lane Zyra (and MAAAAAYBE Yorick, not sure) could get it as a third or second item, but other than that, no dice.

there's a bug that makes Syndra's and Orianna's balls hit harder with banner's passive =D, after all those are minions. Muramana+banner of command syndra's ultimate huehuehuehue, the problem comes with charging the muramana though :S, and that ulti reliant champions are not as viable here *cough* trynda*cough*.

STANKSTORM DELTA 12-19-2012 11:06 PM

I played the hell out of Nunu bot before Promote was banner'ed. Having a blood boiled promoted minion did wonders for really hammering down on the opponents bottom point. Just isn't worthwhile to build it for midgame now.

RIP.

Redenbacher 12-20-2012 08:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by STANKSTORM DELTA (Hozzászólás 32644596)
I played the hell out of Nunu bot before Promote was banner'ed. Having a blood boiled promoted minion did wonders for really hammering down on the opponents bottom point. Just isn't worthwhile to build it for midgame now.

RIP.

Unless I'm mistaken, Nunu bot players like InFe ed have had success without Promote for awhile now. Sure, your situation is a decent edge case, but not what made Nunu a strong bottom lane champion.

Off topic: Can AD Malzahar make good use of this item? Apparently it affects champion pets.
http://leagueoflegends.wikia.com/wiki/Banner_of_Command

ScorchXBanister 12-20-2012 08:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Redenbacher (Hozzászólás 32654689)
Unless I'm mistaken, Nunu bot players like InFe ed have had success without Promote for awhile now. Sure, your situation is a decent edge case, but not what made Nunu a strong bottom lane champion.

Off topic: Can AD Malzahar make good use of this item? Apparently it affects champion pets.
http://leagueoflegends.wikia.com/wiki/Banner_of_Command

Absolutely. It's fantastic for Elise, too.

MMKH 12-20-2012 10:35 AM

I want Surge back.